Pelicans Report

Thread: Washington Wizards

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

NBA Washington Wizards

Has anyone been keeping track of them? What exactly is going on? Are they tanking already, or does Wittman just not have a clue what lineups he wants to play?

Not one player is playing more than 30 minutes a game (AJ Price leads them at 29.5), Beal is only at 21.5, Ariza at 20.5, Okafor at 20.5, Vesely at 21.5, etc. Seems like the guys that you'd expect to be getting the minutes aren't getting the minutes.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Tank early, tank often.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Wall is out. The starters seem to suck while their bench is carrying their weight.

After we dumped Ariza and Oak on them, my uncle bet me dinner at Gallatoires they will be better than us. I don't know what they're doing, but I know what I will be doing in a few months. I did think they could push for the 8th seed in the east though.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Ariza and Okafor are both dreadful offensive players and overpaid. I don't care how good Ryno or Lopez plays, the best offseason move was shipping them off for free. Heck, maybe even Demps best move so far.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Ariza and Okafor are both dreadful offensive players and overpaid. I don't care how good Ryno or Lopez plays, the best offseason move was shipping them off for free. Heck, maybe even Demps best move so far.
    Easily. Helps that the two are playing GREAT.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Ariza and Okafor for Lewis (cap space) and Miller was the steal of the decade. And what did we do with that immediate cap space? We signed Ryan Anderson!!! Plus, we still have $13 million coming off the books from the rest of Lewis' contract this upcoming off season!

Demps is a genius.

Demps is amazing. One of the bet talent evaluators in the league ( Vasquez, smith) and one of the best at making moves!!

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Ariza and Okafor for Lewis (cap space) and Miller was the steal of the decade. And what did we do with that immediate cap space? We signed Ryan Anderson!!! Plus, we still have $13 million coming off the books from the rest of Lewis' contract this upcoming off season!

Demps is a genius.
    So true. It worries me that he has not received a contract extension.

Eric Gordon contract. Albatross around his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Jury is still out on this charge.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Let's hope the prosecutor cuts a deal with the defense!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Wal out and Nene out.... unfortunate. I was kinda rooting for them as I liked Ariza and Okafor (although I'm glad they are both gone lol)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    If he eventually ships out Gordon for any positive asset (somewhat likely) or Gordon somehow ends up playing 60 games this year (not all that likely), then the move will be a good move for Demps. I don't think Gordon is worth the max contract at all, but he's too talented and too valued to just let go for nothing. I don't think it was a bad move for Demps. I don't think he could afford to lose Gordon for nothing.

I think his worst move was clearly the original CP3 trade, and then followed by wasting a 1st rounder on Jerryd Bayless. That pick ended up being #19. Kenneth Faried was picked at 22, and I remember us liking him around draft time.

Demps has been pretty great since landing here overall. Also based on how quickly he shipped out Bayless when he saw it wasn't going to work out, I think it's clear Demps is willing to admit he's made mistakes and will adjust accordingly. Good sign for the Eric Gordon situation. I don't think Dell will hesitate to ship him if there's a good deal out there and Gordon doesn't give him any reasons to be hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    If he eventually ships out Gordon for any positive asset (somewhat likely) or Gordon somehow ends up playing 60 games this year (not all that likely), then the move will be a good move for Demps. I don't think Gordon is worth the max contract at all, but he's too talented and too valued to just let go for nothing. I don't think it was a bad move for Demps. I don't think he could afford to lose Gordon for nothing.

I think his worst move was clearly the original CP3 trade, and then followed by wasting a 1st rounder on Jerryd Bayless. That pick ended up being #19. Kenneth Faried was picked at 22, and I remember us liking him around draft time.

Demps has been pretty great since landing here overall. Also based on how quickly he shipped out Bayless when he saw it wasn't going to work out, I think it's clear Demps is willing to admit he's made mistakes and will adjust accordingly. Good sign for the Eric Gordon situation. I don't think Dell will hesitate to ship him if there's a good deal out there and Gordon doesn't give him any reasons to be hopeful.
    If Gordon plays 50 games for us this year and 70 next year, would you be okay with that? Just wondering for conversational purposes.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'd be ok with 60 games if we're in the playoffs and he's healthy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    If Gordon plays 50 games for us this year and 70 next year, would you be okay with that? Just wondering for conversational purposes.
    Considering he's probably going to miss about the first 20 games or so, then yes, I'd be okay with that. He's such a good fit for this team and so talented that I'd rather keep him even if he's slightly overpaid. He's not the only overpaid player in the NBA, and he's not even close to being the worst contract in the NBA if he plays that many games.

If he ends up being our Andrew Bynum, so be it. I'm all about winning in the playoffs, not having additional depth in the regular season. The Denver Nuggets will never win the championship as currently constructed no matter any regular season success.
    Last edited by Bee-Fense; 11-04-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Rookie
    Bradley Beal will be extremely streaky this year. Plus Wall and Nene are out. Someone told AJ Price he's a good 3pt shooter, and Jordan Crawford still thinks he's that other Jordan guy.
    Last edited by CarwinLikeWhoa; 11-04-2012 at 07:24 PM.

^ DeAndre?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    ^ DeAndre?

Nah, Farmar

Thread Information