Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The trade

The trade

So it's pretty evident the two players we want to shop are Henry and Warrick. Referring to a past thread, we were looking to move some players and these are the only two not to play, where injuries have hit. So, what do you all think we can realistically get for these two? I personally think they are still going after Brandon Rush. Next guess is Tyreke Evans. What say you?
    Last edited by Sleeper; 11-04-2012 at 01:06 AM.

I don't know man, it's tough.

Do we trade our two scrubs for Brandon Rush who is out for the year, or turn them into Tyreke Evans.

Both options seem pretty viable, I don't know how to choose.

I don't know man... I think we go hard after a "young vet" like Brandon Jennings or someone of that calibre, and that is going to take money. We might just want to keep the cap space. Besides, the rumor that you are referring to also had us taking back an expiring contract, so it wouldn't be anything major.

Not a fan of Evans at all, and I don't even think he is on our radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    I don't know man, it's tough.

Do we trade our two scrubs for Brandon Rush who is out for the year, or turn them into Tyreke Evans.

Both options seem pretty viable, I don't know how to choose.
    sarcasm*

btw Henry has played before
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I'd look for a back up PG somewhere.. Roberts has been horrible in the regular season and if Vasquez ever misses a game, our offense would really, really struggle.

The trade

Well the hint from the insider was that the player was a starter for 4 years. They also hinted that had the trade gone though, we would have all been surprised and benefited. I originally thought Rush but it was too obvious. Just throwing tyreke out there bc has also been a starter for 4 years and on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    So it's pretty evident the two players we want to shop are Henry and Warrick. Referring to a past thread, we were looking to move some players and these are the only two not to play, where injuries have hit. So, what do you all think we can realistically get for these two? I personally think they are still going after Brandon Rush. Next guess is Tyreke Evans. What say you?
    Rush is done for the year.

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/artic...on-4006501.php

And what rumor/article are you referring to?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

The trade

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Rush is done for the year.

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/artic...on-4006501.php

And what rumor/article are you referring to?
    Sorry couldn't copy thread. Small move before wed thread. I just bumped it.

Oh, you were talking about the MM tweet. Gotcha.

I can see us dumping the two players as cap casualties in a three-teamer and receiving an okay asset in return, such as a second rounder.

Worst case scenario: They sustain their bench warming duties. Both their contracts expire. We move on.

The trade

Quote Originally Posted by SdotPaul504 View Post
    sarcasm*

btw Henry has played before
    I caught the sarcasm and Henry has played about three minutes at a thin position.

The trade

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Oh, you were talking about the MM tweet. Gotcha.

I can see us dumping the two players as cap casualties in a three-teamer and receiving an okay asset in return, such as a second rounder.

Worst case scenario: They sustain their bench warming duties. Both their contracts expire. We move on.
    Oh I agree it would be a salary dump for someone. We are one of few teams under the cap that could pull off a surprising move. We give a team a 3 mil salary dump next year and an expiring to deal next year. The mystery player has supposedly one year left on their contract.

I really hope that by the end of the season and going forward we can get some momentum with this team.
    Having massive roster changes each year since Monty & Dell took over isn't great for the team to be able to gel together.

I'd love the idea of bringing in another star FA player and our rookie from this years draft but I'd be hoping for a team like:

PG: Vasquez/Rivers
    SG: Gordon/Henry
    SF: Aminu/Miller
    PF: Davis/Anderson
    C: Lopez/Smith

* best availabe rookie SG or SF
    * FA point guard or SF

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Oh I agree it would be a salary dump for someone. We are one of few teams under the cap that could pull off a surprising move. We give a team a 3 mil salary dump next year and an expiring to deal next year. The mystery player has supposedly one year left on their contract.
    The mystery player you are talking about I take it is from another team......not the Hornets?
    Because the only player on the Hornets roster with one year left is Jason Smith.......and I'd be pissed if he was traded!!!

OP is reaching big time.

The trade

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    The mystery player you are talking about I take it is from another team......not the Hornets?
    Because the only player on the Hornets roster with one year left is Jason Smith.......and I'd be pissed if he was traded!!!
    Nah from another team. No way we trade Smith. I don't know if MM meant on a one year contact or only has one year left on contract. That could narrow it down a little.

The trade

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    OP is reaching big time.
    Definitely don't have insider information but a insider's tweet from this forum is starting to make sense. Come on man. If these two were to ever get much playing time, it would be now with Davis and Gordon out. It's not reaching if its very possible.

And btw I am not taking about a blockbuster trade. I am asking what move could realistically be made. Rush is injured( I had no idea). I was throwing tyreke out there because I think most people think of him as someone who would cost too much but I think he is easier to get than most think. He would be insurance in case Gordon is hurt worse than thought.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 11-04-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Tyreke is gonna be easy to grab, but we would have to give up a 1st rounder for him, which brings an interesting thing to the table. Demps will have to gauge how real this team is, because realistically, 3 games in we look like an 8th seed... Without our two best players playing starters minutes(or at all). Demps needs to decide early while consensus is NOH 1st rounder is a top 7 pick. If we wait till the deadline, our pick could lose its value if we continue this level... If Demps is looking to deal and bring in a difference maker, we will see a move sooner than later.

Reke is going to try to get near the max, if not max out, in the off season. He's a pricey insurance policy.

Quote Originally Posted by QPon20 View Post
    Reke is going to try to get near the max, if not max out, in the off season. He's a pricey insurance policy.
    I agree, I really don't much like Tyreke. I know the Kings don't either, but thats because their roster is so horrible. Just in general terms, a significant trade would be better suited earlier than later. I wouldn't be too hard on trading this years pick, because unless we are top 5, we won't be missing out on much. 2014 is off limits though... That draft is going to be 03 all over again.

Ellis and Warwick won't land us ****.

Quit pipe dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

Quit pipe dreaming.
    ????

Dorell Wright is someone who Demps was very keen on.
    He too is on his last year of his contact.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Dorell Wright is someone who Demps was very keen on.
    He too is on his last year of his contact.
    He is certainly a guy I'm keeping my eye on.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

Quit pipe dreaming.
    Who is Ellis?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Who is Ellis?
    I suspect Perth Hornet was getting Xavier Henry confused with Xavier Ellis who plays Aussie football..
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Thread Information