Pelicans Report

Thread: Rivers showing flashes of belonging as a starter.

Rivers showing flashes of belonging as a starter.

Watching the Bulls game you can see how he will be effective in this league. He just needs to pick his spots. Hes great at driving between defenders on the P&R, hes pretty darn quick albeit not elite, but those shots he made tonight had him looking like he belongs.

Just has to cut down on the bad shots, get some more confidence (he did look a little humbled out there compared to his pre-draft swagger) and I'm sure it'll happen for him before the middle of the year. I think the kid will be a stud by the time we have to extend him, this draft was a success for the Hornets IMO. Rivers will turn out just as good as Beal / Waiters / Lamb.

I haven't watched the Bulls game yet, but I already know that Rivers belongs in this league. I saw the highlight clip, and I saw some of the things he was doing in college, so I know he is getting more comfortable in this league. I think he has the highest ceiling by far between him, Beal, Waiters, and Lamb. He has the potential to create with the best of them. I expect big things from Rivers.

Back then you guys would say he had the lowest ceiling between them
    Ballin

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Back then you guys would say he had the lowest ceiling between them
    I started the Rivers band wagon on this forum, so I don't know who "you guys" is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I haven't watched the Bulls game yet, but I already know that Rivers belongs in this league. I saw the highlight clip, and I saw some of the things he was doing in college, so I know he is getting more comfortable in this league. I think he has the highest ceiling by far between him, Beal, Waiters, and Lamb. He has the potential to create with the best of them. I expect big things from Rivers.
    I think Waiters has just as high of a ceiling.

Other than that, I agree.

Rivers is going to become a very good player for us.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I loved how he finally kept his head up, set up and pace his penetration some times with the off tempo dribble. He wasn't just dropping his head and trying to gore the rim or anybody in his way like he was the first 2 games.

I hope sticks to playing that way.

I would rather have Lamb as a SG over Rivers long-term because of his length, athleticism, shooting, and defense. He may not create his own shot as well as Rivers, but he will do most things better. However, I like Rivers as a PG since he doesn't score off the ball well and can create off the dribble. Plus, he has quick feet to defend PGs and not enough strength or length against SGs. I think Monty should start developing him as a PG now instead of getting minutes to Brian Roberts.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    Austin Rivers....44% of his scoring coming off ft's...44% in the paint.....willingness to attack to attack the lane/rim...needs to clean up his caring of the ball...time will help that area...
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    gerry what are your thoughts on AR as a long-term solution at the point?

Thread Information