Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rivers discussion

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I think Rivers has done well. Lots of room to grow and much to improve one, like shooting and being more comfortable with the ball and not having your head down so much.

Really liking his performance in Chicago against the Bulls on both ends of the floor. With his quick handles, if he can add that step back jumper to his game, he will be really dangerous, maybe Gordon-like ! Sure he's not as explosive as EG but he's 20 years old, he should improve his quickness, explosiveness and strength.
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Not really going to start worrying or giving any serious opinions until the kid has at least 40 or so games under his belt.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

The people who hate on Rivers don't understand that he wasn't drafted to be a contributor right away. Maybe you shouldn't draft projects in the lottery, but having two picks in the draft afforded us that luxury. I'm really happy with the decision still, and I have confidence he'll get better.

It's just incredible to see how many people outside of New Orleans hate him based on hype. For example, this NBA subreddit post on overrated rookies is FILLED with people hating on Rivers to the point where I don't get it. Is he really overrated? I don't think so because I don't think he's highly rated to begin with.

Rivers isn't overrated. Maybe overhyped. I didn't expect him to contribute much right now and so far he hasn't much right now. He's been solid defensively, but that's about it.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Personally, I don't expect Rivers to develop into a star, or even a solid starter, like most of you. But, the potential is there for him to prove me wrong. However, anyone who came into this season legitimately expecting him to perform at a high level either is an absolute homer with a complete disregard for reality or knows nothing about rookies. If he grows into a stud, it will take at least 3 years of learning the position and getting used to the speed of the NBA. Patience is key with this kid.

Thread Information