Hornets vs. Bulls Game Thread

VS.

11/3/2012
    7:00PM ET

PROJECTED LINE-UP

Vasquez-Rivers-Aminu-Anderson-Lopez

Projected line up if Davis did not travel with the team

Hinrich-Hamilton-Deng-Boozer-Noah

kinda just noticed this one is scheduled at the same time as the bama game.

Do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    kinda just noticed this one is scheduled at the same time as the bama game.

Do not like.
    yeah this aggravated me when I saw it earlier in the week. I really wanted to watch this game live b/c I'm normally at work during most Hornets games (making me really dislike the evening/night shift)... but sorry... LSU game against Alabama will win my viewership this night... I'll be flipping to the Hornets game during lulls in the LSU game though... and I'll be cheering on both the Hornets and Tigers.

def watch the Hornets replay at midnight though

edit: going to be a tough 1 w/o AD23... but it'll be next man up... buckle down and fight for it
    Last edited by rt0307; 11-03-2012 at 01:17 AM.

Is Davis 100% out for the game? If we can win this one.. ill be almost as happy as when eric gordon hit the game winner against phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Is Davis 100% out for the game? If we can win this one.. ill be almost as happy as when eric gordon hit the game winner against phoenix.
    yes... he's out... from the Jazz/Hornets game recap

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400277741

The team said after the game that Davis had a mild concussion and would not accompany the team to Chicago for Saturday night's game and listed him as day to day.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    yes... he's out... from the Jazz/Hornets game recap

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400277741
    That's crap.....who could have visited his family while he was in Chicago.

I think Monty sticks with bringing Anderson off the bench and gives Smith the start. That second unit is just miserable offensively, so Ryan Anderson has to give it a boost. Either way, I think Anderson gets a ton of minutes because he is the only real offensive mismatch we have in this game. If he's not on, this game could get ugly quick.
    @mcnamara247

Anderson will definitely start in my opinion. Without him, the first unit will get leveled pretty hard.

Also, Monty needs to bench Rivers and go with Mason like he did last night late in the game. Rivers seems better at the PG spot and doesn't bring any offense at the SG. Let Mason start and at least give the team some shooting and let Rivers run the backup point.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

7pm CT.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'm taking these threads back Wednesday, just so you know.

I don't know if Monty Williams or Anderson told Reid this or if he's simply just speculating but....

New Orleans Hornets forward Ryan Anderson is expected to earn his first start Saturday night against the Chicago Bulls, replacing rookie Anthony Davis in the lineup.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

92-91 hornets in another nail biter afa continues to be great lopez dominates Noah and rivers has his best game yet

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    92-91 hornets in another nail biter afa continues to be great lopez dominates Noah and rivers has his best game yet
    Rivers with his best game yet.. with 2/17 fgs?

damn no AD... that sucks.

Thank goodness for DVRs.

As long as we were able to put last night's win out of our minds and move forward, we should continue to compete. I think we match up pretty well with the Roseless bulls.

But I am worried about Rip having a ton of open looks as Rivers is still learning how to fight through screens

Anderson started in the second half, so it's mostly he will start tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Wednesday's isn't up yet?! Jk.

Can anyone guarantee this will be on Direct TV? Watching at a friend's house.

Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    Wednesday's isn't up yet?! Jk.

Can anyone guarantee this will be on Direct TV? Watching at a friend's house.
    678 / 678-1(HD)

but he needs to have the sports package

Thanks brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Anderson will definitely start in my opinion. Without him, the first unit will get leveled pretty hard.

Also, Monty needs to bench Rivers and go with Mason like he did last night late in the game. Rivers seems better at the PG spot and doesn't bring any offense at the SG. Let Mason start and at least give the team some shooting and let Rivers run the backup point.
    This for sure. The guy is a creator for himself and for others. He was doing some real nice things offensively last night. As soon as his shot starts falling, he'll be fine. I also noticed that he was working a lot on his floater before the game yesterday. Looks real natural, and that should be a bread and butter shot for him.

Hornets defense and rebounding will be the key yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    This for sure. The guy is a creator for himself and for others. He was doing some real nice things offensively last night. As soon as his shot starts falling, he'll be fine. I also noticed that he was working a lot on his floater before the game yesterday. Looks real natural, and that should be a bread and butter shot for him.
    I agree. Right now, Rivers doesn't excel as well off the ball so playing him at SG next to Vasquez doesn't help him. Put the ball in his hands, let him create. Plus, he's showing he can defend on the ball well. Eventually his shots will improve and maybe in time develop into a SG, but right now his game is much more suited to running the point since he feels more naturally at creating for others and himself. He got 6 assists for a reason in limited. Also I noticed his defense being much better guarding the PGs since he has very quick feet and is not physically developed yet to chase bigger SGs.

Im so glad aminu is showing us what he can be. Ppl hopefully will stop doubting him, and maybe he will lock up SF. Miller seems like a good player to come off the bench. Very impressed with him too.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    You should.

Hard to do when he puts stuff up at like 2:20 am the day of
    Wherehappens.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    As for this game, after two games I'm confident that we can handle their front court with Smith/Anderson/Lopez. Limit turnovers and hit your shots.

We can do this, but big road test for a young team. Lucky to be catching them without Rose, have to take advantage.

Thread Information