Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis Being Tested For Concussion/Monty rips concussion policy

Blog Entries

Anthony Davis Being Tested For Concussion/Monty rips concussion policy

Figured this deserves it's own thread.

Here's where we're updating as info comes into Hornets247. If you hear anything, let's hear it!

http://www.hornets247.com/2012/11/02...-a-concussion/
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Really didnt look like anything bad, would be highly surprised if hes not playing next game.

daldridgetnt: Hornets say Davis will undergo further tests in New Orleans Saturday, will not play in Chicago against the Bulls, listed as day to day.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Wow. Crap.
    Wherehappens.

Is a normal for concussion test to take this long in sports?

Will he live?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

are we tanking again?

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    are we tanking again?
    I honestly don't think we are bad enough to tank. With Anderson, Lopez, Greivis, and Rivers....well finishing with last years record would be unpossible.

lamest concussion I've ever seen

cue signatures with pictures of tanks in them

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    are we tanking again?
    Tanking while winning.

He won't be cleared to play until he can pass all the NBA concussion tests successfully. Since its mild maybe a week at the most. But everyone's different...maybe earlier than that or it maybe longer. Just depends how long it takes for him to recover.

Sucks...I know everyone is ragging on Rivers about the hit but he was just trying to help on D...it was an accident lets not crucify the guy.

Funny. This news of him not playing is just breaking on ESPN, while it has been here for near 10 min.

Well the news just keeps getting better...when I purchased tickets 11 rows behind the Hornets bench for the Nov 3rd game at the United Center vs the Bulls, I knew Derrick Rose would be out, but I didn't care. I was purchasing the tickets to see Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, and the new look Hornets...well now I get to see the new look Hornets. I can't help but laugh. Terrible luck on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ10Hornets View Post
    Well the news just keeps getting better...when I purchased tickets 11 rows behind the Hornets bench for the Nov 3rd game at the United Center vs the Bulls, I knew Derrick Rose would be out, but I didn't care. I was purchasing the tickets to see Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, and the new look Hornets...well now I get to see the new look Hornets. I can't help but laugh. Terrible luck on my part.
    Yeah that sucks...but the way their playing at least you're pretty much guaranteed to see an exciting game.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ10Hornets View Post
    You should know better than to assume that Eric Gordon will actually pull on a Hornets jersey at any time this year.

The hornets are playing like somebody stuck a Roman candle up their backside. They are really fun to watch, and unlike last year and the year before we got CP3, we are a bunch of nobodies (minus Gordon and Davis), that play hard and give it 110% and have a chance to win.

smith was out a long time last yr with a concussion

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    Symptoms are different for every person. Lets just wait & see.

I believe he was out at least a month. AD's sister tweeted he has a headache.

If i remember correctly, Smith concussion was on a pretty hard fall.

Davis contact with Rivers wasn't that big (video on nba.com) and they are just doing what you are supposed to do with a possible concussion.

HERE'S PIERRE!!

I think him sitting out the next game is good tho. After Chicago we don't play again until Monday night. Hopefully with 4-5 days of rest he will feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Millán View Post
    If i remember correctly, Smith concussion was on a pretty hard fall.

Davis contact with Rivers wasn't that big (video on nba.com) and they are just doing what you are supposed to do with a possible concussion.
    Yeah didn't his head hit the floor?

They are calling it a mild concussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

http://www.nba.com/games/20120204/NOHDET/gameinfo.html

Jason Smith left the game in the fourth quarter after being floored by two separate shots to the head in the second half.
    He missed about 20 games. I don't know for certain if all of them were due to the concussion or because we were in full tank mode but yeah, he was out a pretty good while.

Thread Information