Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis Being Tested For Concussion/Monty rips concussion policy

I hate that the kid is out, but his health has to be priority #1. Not to mention these games aren't going to be nearly as important as ones in which he'll play in years to come.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

These concussions are weird how they happen. Earnhardt Jr. had to set out 2 races here recently for a concussion. The wreck he was involved in took out a bunch of cars, but didn't look bad at all from inside Earnhardts Jrs car. He gave Jimmy Johnson a ride back to his pits. Jr. looked like he got the least contact of any of the drivers, but he was the only one it hurt. He said he knew something was wrong immediately. Started with the headache. I hated to see something slow Davis down like this. He was playing really well. I think this team is a solid playoff contender if everyone can get healthy.

Monday Night Game??

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    I think him sitting out the next game is good tho. After Chicago we don't play again until Monday night. Hopefully with 4-5 days of rest he will feel better.
    I can't find any scheduled game for Monday although they repeated it several times during last nights broadcast.

I don't know where they could've been getting that from. Next game after today is Wednesday at home against Philly. On ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by omalakas View Post
    I can't find any scheduled game for Monday although they repeated it several times during last nights broadcast.
    Sorry...meant Wed.

Yeah you have got be careful with his health. Especially in a couple years I think he is a no doubt top 10 NBA player.

I love Monty, but I have to disagree with him here. Davis' long-term brain health is more important than the third game in his rookie year. Make sure he's ready to return.

I hope it's just because he is torn between wanting his players to be safe and wanting them to get on the floor so they can win some damn games.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I love Monty, but I have to disagree with him here. Davis' long-term brain health is more important than the third game in his rookie year. Make sure he's ready to return.
    I really think he was referencing the NBA not allowing Davis to take the trip to Chicago (his hometown) rather than him playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I hope it's just because he is torn between wanting his players to be safe and wanting them to get on the floor so they can win some damn games.
    Maybe. Because he say's he's not saying he doesn't like the policy and that he knows we have to protect the players but he thinks the players should have some say so in how they feel. If a player says they feel alright and there's this policy saying you MUST miss 5 games then that's what I don't think Monty would agree with. I don't know. Just my thought.

While I agree with Williams, I don't agree with the delivery. He could have put it in a more sensitive tone.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    It's kind of weird really. Not knocking Coach, I just find it funny that Gordon's situation he thinks the doctor is the one who needs to be listened too, and in Davis's situation he thinks Davis is the one who needs to be listened too. Kind of telling. I'd also say his "ripping" of the system proves good for Brows health, I think he plays Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    While I agree with Williams, I don't agree with the delivery. He could have put it in a more sensitive tone.
    That was my thought too. I thought the white gloves and pink draws were kind of funny though.

Coach Williams Angry at NBA Concussion Rules

On AD23 not making the Chicago trip-
    "It's a man's game," Williams said. "They're treating these guys like they're 5 years old. He desperately wanted to come (to Chicago), but he couldn't make it.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/11/0...oncussion.html

AD23 seems really tough, but its good that NBA rules prevent him from re-injury.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Im pretty sure Ad wanted to play really badly. Probably had Family & friends coming(They showed a women with a Anthony Davis jersey).
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

I can't stop laughing at "white gloves and pink drawers". Oh Monty.

"Now, they treat everybody like they have white gloves and pink drawers and it's getting old. It's just the way the league is now."
    LMBO!!

@ Monty. I expected those comments from a guy who played with a gimpy heart. But hey, that's the way professional leagues are now. They're taking head/brain injuries very serious and I can't say I object. I'm sure AD will play Wednesday.

Monty will be getting a call from the Commish.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Rather have AD miss a few games then take even a remote risk of his getting screwed up for life.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Rather have AD miss a few games then take even a remote risk of his getting screwed up for life.
    I've seen Soccer players get carded for a similar sort of thing.

Was very, very, very soft.

that answers me a question, i didnt know from that rule, guess also from many other rules .

is that rule also to find in the NFL ? guess on that game they have to rotated all the time

I have a man-crush on this guy...Old School

Thread Information