Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo: Gordon Back in 4-6 Weeks

Can be dealt in 6 weeks. Back by 6 weeks.

Two facts, as we understand them at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Ur_Gmas_Daughtr View Post
    So what is the problem? Hornets doctors clear him to play, Gordon says he's hurt doesn't rule out missing whole season, doctor in CHI says 4-6 weeks? What specifically is wrong with his knee? I have more questions than answers
    Supposedly his knee is structurally fine. The issue here is pain. Doctors can't explain the pain and Gordon pain threshold isn't high. I'm not sure what the Chicago doctors are seeing that the team's Doctors aren't. Still, we have no idea what the reason is for this setback and how the Chicago Doctors were able to give him a 4-6 week time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Well, at least for now he still has trade value. If Dell believes that microfracture surgery is inevitable, then he could end up shipping Gordon and get a lot more than he would've had Gordon needed the surgery.
    He isn't gonna get anything for Gordon. Nothing. Nada.

Until he can play for quite a few weeks without occourence, no one will take on his max contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Can be dealt in 6 weeks. Back by 6 weeks.

Two facts, as we understand them at present.
    At this point, I'd love to be able to deal him for nothing in return. The alternative, I fear, is his contract hindering our ability to build.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Supposedly his knee is structurally fine. The issue here is pain. Doctor's can't explain the pain and Gordon pain threshold isn't high. I'm not sure what the Chicago doctors are seeing that the team's Doctors aren't. Still, we have no idea what the reason for this setback why how the Chicago Doctors were able to give him a 4-6 week time frame.
    Gordon paid them to say 4-6 weeks... He knows he is a deep hole in New Orleans now. His pain threshold is low, and he needs 6 weeks before he can be traded.

If that's all this is, an excuse to get out of NOLA, I'm going to be pretty disgusted with him.

Banned
    This guy just doesn't want to play for this team. I question the front office for giving this guy a max contract to chill on the sideline. Should have let him go to Phoenix and moved on.

Rookie
    So this is the latest update and we can disregard the other about him *possibly* needing micro-fracture surgery?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Maybe this is a chance for us to get Raptors pick and Lamb or PJ3? I think this is a trade OKC accept as when Gordon is healthy there dominant. Great trade for both, what you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by CarwinLikeWhoa View Post
    So this is the latest update and we can disregard the other about him *possibly* needing micro-fracture surgery?
    Gordon will need surgery in 4-6 weeks, if I had to put my money on it.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Maybe this is a chance for us to get Raptors pick and Lamb or PJ3? I think this is a trade OKC accept as when Gordon is healthy there dominant. Great trade for both, what you guys think?
    Hornets aren't going to get anywhere near that in a Gordon trade. Maybe a first rounder at best. Even then, probably not.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

OKC isn't going to take Gordon with his contract.

Watch in six he come and said my heart is in for another team blah blah blah.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Weird timetable.

Yahoo: Gordon Back in 4-6 Weeks

Hey Eric, can I get that Dr.'s name from you? Something tells me the guy he went to slept in a Holiday Inn last night.
    Last edited by RhythmNathan; 11-02-2012 at 04:48 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Seems like we've heard this before.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He and Jahavid Best can hang out.
    LOL they both have the same clueless look on their faces... although Jahvid's probably just confused on how he got to where he is.

Baron davis all over again...

Why would okc trade a max player to those items then Trade for a max player with the items they received? They would have kept Harden if they wanted to do that.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    Baron davis all over again...
    You said it bruh...

He will be back in 6 weeks, play 1 game and drop 30 points, complain his knee hurts and be out another 3 months

Whatever, we'll see in six weeks. If he's not back then color me unsurprised.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Why would okc trade a max player to those items then Trade for a max player with the items they received? They would have kept Harden if they wanted to do that.
    Sorry I just seen saw that Harden gets paid 2 mill more than Gordon, some reason I figured Harden received 80 mill. Trippin

Sorry I just seen saw that Harden gets paid 2 mill more than Gordon, some reason I figured Harden received 80 mill. Trippin
    5 years, compared to 4 for EG. But OKC didn't want to pay Harden the amount we are paying Gordon so they traded him.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    He'll play another nine games this season, miss the rest, and the Gordon apologists will keep arguing he's worth his contract based on his potential to actually play fifty or so games.

Thread Information