Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo: Gordon Back in 4-6 Weeks

Why wasn't the name listed in the article of the doctor that Gordon saw in Chicago? Why do we not have a specific diagnosis? Why does the mysterious doctor from Chicago say he needs 4-6 weeks and the Hornet's doctors say the knee is structurally fine?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Can be dealt in 6 weeks. Back by 6 weeks.

Two facts, as we understand them at present.
    I'm sure the two events are mutually exclusive though.

Yahoo: Gordon Back in 4-6 Weeks

Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up having some stress fractures or stress reaction in his knee. Sometimes those things don't show up on imaging studies.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I had a stress fracture. Hurt like hell, but the podiatrist was able to point it out clear as day after x-rays. I hope Gordon is going to a better foot doctor than me.

Gordon stinks. Total Makaveli. Dude is sketchy and best and suspect until he proves himself.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

who picked the doctor in Chicago? why wouldn't the team send him to Andrews or something? it was already ridiculous when he wasn't ready for the season opener, now this is just sad.

My question exactly.

What sports star doesn't go to James Andrews when they have a problem like this? He is the man. He was an athlete. He knows what you need to hear.

Gordon is listening to the wrong voices. I hope he gets traded.

Just because you know Andrews name doesn't mean he is the only competent doctor out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Just because you know Andrews name doesn't mean he is the only competent doctor out there.
    True...but Andrew's track record proves he's the best...star players seek the medical opinions of the best...

trade him, im done with this ****

Drew Brees, Steven Strausberg, and every name in sports that has been injured knows James Andrews. The fact that Gordon doesn't is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Drew Brees, Steven Strausberg, and every name in sports that has been injured knows James Andrews. The fact that Gordon doesn't is sad.
    With Benson's man Loomis kinda co GMing the Hornets while he's on suspension from. I wouldn't put it past Benson getting Loomis to make a call to Andrews and making Gordon go see him.

Wow, so much for "indefinitely". After, "4-6 weeks", Gordon better put up or shut up. But this smells rotten.

Can we force him into seeing somebody?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Aw man I swear this dude is becoming my fav hornets player....he's really akward, that's all folks lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Can we force him into seeing somebody?
    he's under contract....he'll go to whatever doctor we tell him to cuz the hornets pay his medical bills.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It never ceases to be nonsense. No matter how much I think on it.

I don't know what amount of work could he do in 6 weeks (ain't it funny that we don't even give him the under?) that he didn't get in the 6 months previous. I mean c'mon.

And yeah, it's a very interesting coincidence that 6 weeks is when we can ship him elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And yeah, it's a very interesting coincidence that 6 weeks is when we can ship him elsewhere.
    That thought definitely crossed my mind. Guess we'll see.

he'll come back 4-5 weeks so he can showcase(because he isn't actually hurt) and up his market value before he can be traded in 6

Name me one team that can take on Gordon's contact?
    Now tell me that Gordon is going to agree to go to that team.

We are stuck with him till 2013/14 season.
    We aint going to trade him to take on more bad salary.

BTW do the salaries need to match or if a team has cap room can they take on his contract?
    Ie. Indiana

Discuss!
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 11-03-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    I had a stress fracture. Hurt like hell, but the podiatrist was able to point it out clear as day after x-rays. I hope Gordon is going to a better foot doctor than me.
    Why would someone go to a podiatrist for a knee injury?

From the AP game recap:

Talking before the game, coach Monty Williams would not confirm a report by Yahoo! Sports that Gordon would miss 4-to-6 weeks. Said Williams: "We're still processing information. We haven't talked to any doctors. We certainly haven't talked to our doctors on a day we're getting ready for a game."
    That makes it sound even fishier.

Didn't he just say over the offseason that he had no long lasting injuries, just freak injuries that he has recovered from?

Didn't someone say that strengthening his knee is what resulted in the soreness? So now he's going to "strengthen" it again and be back in 4-6 weeks?

Do we even have a chance of getting some decent value for him in a trade at this point? Demps is too smart for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkaholic View Post
    Why would someone go to a podiatrist for a knee injury?
    My point was more, the x-ray was able to show as clear as day that I had a stress fracture.Why its believed that some stress fractures can't be found with the use of X-Ray is crazy.

This is soooooo boring..let's ban any "gordon thread" for the next month and a half, shall we?

My point was more, the x-ray was able to show as clear as day that I had a stress fracture.Why its believed that some stress fractures can't be found with the use of X-Ray is crazy.
    Not all stress fractures can be seen on X-rays. Sometimes a bone scan or MRI is needed and even then, they may not show stress reactions. So not all x-rays show stress fractures or stress reactions.

Thread Information