.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60

Thread: Source: Eric Gordon has not requested a trade

  1. #26
    All-Star cjjr72984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Orleans East
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    But people defending him make me sick.. Tell me one good thing he has done for our basketball team? Was it the 9 games he played last year? Was it him begging to go to Phoenix? Was it him publicly trashing our management for hesitating to offer such an injury prone player a $58 million contract? How about the criticism for drafting Rivers? His petty insecurity? Was it maybe his avoidance of the media yesterday? What about the fact that he does NOT want to be here?

    People here him say "I love the city" etc.. Funny how he didn't say that until he was locked into a contract, and funny how he needed 24 hours to prepare a statement regarding that for today.

    It's been said before, he either doesn't want to be here, or he's too soft to be anything of worth to this franchise. Oh yeah, and he is no 'leader' either.

    #countingdowntoGordontrade
    Agreed. So over this dude and his drama

  2. #27
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    The problem his injury issues were documented before his latest 4 year max deal. Do you feel it is OK to give him 14 million this year if he doesn't play a single game?
    Yes, if the problem gets resolved.

    That being said, he had better get surgery. This rest thing just ain't cutting it. The longer he goes without getting this fixed right, the more speculation will grow on him faking it. If he actually gets it fixed and plays ( even if its next year) then he will be worth it. I'm not that worried about this year, I've said before that we don't want to get too good too fast.

    I think the biggest thing that is getting people angry are his comments before the contract. The ones about what "caliber of player he is". He really messed up and overplayed his hand while trying to get paid. And that's all it was about, trying to get paid. I honestly think he doesn't care where he plays for as long as he sees the $$$$$$. Obviously he's not gonna earn it this year, but I don't mind as long as this gets done right and he can have a chance to earn it next year. And by that point, he will have plenty of pressure to do so.

    *this statement only applies if he gets surgery.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 11-02-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year


  3. #28
    Like I've said before...I'm not going to care about what this dude does until he has the balls to play with the pain or he gets traded for whatever we can get. And just cuz he hasn't requested it doesn't mean that management is not thinking about it.... Especially if they get these tests back saying there's still nothing wrong with the bone or ligaments or anything else in his knee that is preventing him from actually playing. If this guy is going to sit out most of the season because of soreness....not actual damage...but soreness...he's never going to be anything in this league and we need to move on.

    We have guys on this team right now that are playing through soreness. I'd rather focus on the guys that are on the court from now on. If he does play its whatever....if he doesn't play...its still whatever. Its just the first big financial mistake this current management has made in its short time here....thats the life of a NBA front office. We'll get over it because we have a good young up and coming team. We can still grow even with his salary on the books. Remember this isn't the Harden deal of 80mil....

  4. #29
    Who cares if he loves the city. Who cares if he wanted to go somewhere else. None of that matters.

    He said he will have answers after this weekend. Let's wait and see what they are?

    If you wake up every morning and you have blurred vision, and the Dr explains to you why that is, and that you will have to tough it out... that is one thing.

    If you wake up every morning and the Dr says "I dunno, you should not be having blurred vision, lets run some more tests"..... it's entirely different. I hope we call all agree on that.

    He is scared right now IMO. He doesn't know why his knee hurts, and nobody can explain why. This is not the same thing as toughing it out through a sprained ankle like Rivers. I truly doubt any of you internet tough guys would act any differently.

    Is EG a tough guy? It doesn't seem like it. Does being tough have a direct correlation with NBA success?? Not last time I checked.

    "His heart is in Phoenix"......I could care less what he wants. He is here and signed for 4 years. We have the control. Reggie Bush didn't want to come to New Orleans either. HE CHANGED HIS MIND. He did more for this city than most in history have ever done. Not bad for someone who didn't want to come here IMO.

    We will have answers after this weekend. I, for one, will save my judgement until then. I would still rather him miss the first 2 weeks of the season, get fixed, and play out the rest of his contract. Then have him come back too early, do permanent damage and be lost for his career.

  5. #30
    If he was on the Suns and wasn't ready to play it'd say they were taking precautions to make sure he's 100 percent but because he's here people want to speculate nonsense.

    You don't see sixers media in an uproar because Bynum isn't playing yet do you?

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    If he was on the Suns and wasn't ready to play it'd say they were taking precautions to make sure he's 100 percent but because he's here people want to speculate nonsense.

    You don't see sixers media in an uproar because Bynum isn't playing yet do you?

    Thats because Bynum has always been clear that he truly doesn't give a ****......I mean look at him... LOL


  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    Thats because Bynum has always been clear that he truly doesn't give a ****......I mean look at him... LOL

    Lmfao, best response I've seen in a while.

    That homeless haircut of his just adds to the illusion.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  8. #33
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! da ThRONe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,926
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    If he was on the Suns and wasn't ready to play it'd say they were taking precautions to make sure he's 100 percent but because he's here people want to speculate nonsense.

    You don't see sixers media in an uproar because Bynum isn't playing yet do you?
    I don't agree with the overreacting however Gordon has brought this on himself. His attitude about being on this team has been poor occasionally. So to make the connection isn't a stretch.

  9. #34
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,687
    Again, I'm done worrying about it. If he plays, bonus. If not, let's watch our team give it their all and cheer them on.
    Wherehappens.

  10. #35
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,846
    To quote the great Kobe -"Everyone shut up..."
    True Love

  11. #36
    The big problem is that he was supposed to be healing this entire off season... But HE decided to go and tryout for the olympic team, phoenix, and all of the other suitors instead of healing properly. It's entirely this guy's fault as to why he's STILL not ready to play, all he had to do was relax and let himself heal but he was too busy trying to get away from the Hornets and gain recognition other places.

  12. #37
    You don't have to request a trade to show other teams you're available. Pretty sure teams know if they want him he's there now. Not to mention why would you formally request a trade before Dec 14/15th? I'm sure he's getting enough slack without formally welcoming it.

  13. #38
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,487
    The trade stuff doesn't matter anyway, no one is going to take on his max contract at the moment.

  14. #39
    #CauseImAsFreeAsABirdNow    Contributor   
    IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    8,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    The trade stuff doesn't matter anyway, no one is going to take on his max contract at the moment.
    This. We can wish to trade him all we want; but if the guy is hurt, no one will trade for a max hurt.
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

    1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day










  15. #40
    I'm just going to watch the team we have now, no point in getting upset about things beyond your control.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    Starting to think everyone who believes he's actually hurt read his interview transcript and didn't watch the actual video. If you watched the video, especially the end, and you still defend him, you're probably the type that is willing to ignore the last four years and vote for Obama again too.
    Go away.

  16. #41
    Starter CarnbY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    You don't see sixers media in an uproar because Bynum isn't playing yet do you?
    Have you been following this situation at all? Comparing him to Bynum is just nonsense!

  17. #42
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,817
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    If he was on the Suns and wasn't ready to play it'd say they were taking precautions to make sure he's 100 percent but because he's here people want to speculate nonsense.

    You don't see sixers media in an uproar because Bynum isn't playing yet do you?
    Bynum never told the the Sixers his heart was back in LA or in Phoenix. Granted if we treat the timeline as similar, he's in his first season. We'll see where the fans are if Bynum only plays 9 games and was a resticted free agent.

    Anywho. It's done with. He's officially not even on the team, IMO. We're gonna roll with our team.
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  18. #43
    He can't be traded until Dec. 15th so why would he ask for one now?

  19. #44
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,817
    Quote Originally Posted by smittywerb View Post
    He can't be traded until Dec. 15th so why would he ask for one now?
    You can lay the ground work for a trade a month and two weeks away by making other moves to clear or gain cap space. If he wants to go elsewhere, the sooner the better.

    But yeah, not worrying about his committment to New Orleans or whatever. It's his mindset about his ownself that's the issue.

  20. #45
    EG burnt up all his good will as far as I'm concerned when he publicly took us to task for drafting Austin rivers and not drafting a center and of course the whole Phx bit.

    I'm not saying I don't believe the man about his injury but if he feels something is wrong he and the organization need to be proactive and get him to a specialist.

  21. #46
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! da ThRONe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I'm just going to watch the team we have now, no point in getting upset about things beyond your control.

    Go away.
    Everything is out of our control as far as the way this team is ran.

  22. #47

    Source: Eric Gordon has not requested a trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I'm just going to vote for the president we have now, no point in trying to change things beyond your control.
    Totally a joke, and you bit. But again... fixed.

  23. #48
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,680
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    This. We can wish to trade him all we want; but if the guy is hurt, no one will trade for a max hurt.
    you can wish and one hand and crap in the other. Let me know which one fills up first.

  24. #49
    The Witch Doctor NemesisKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ask Your Wife
    Posts
    934
    Watching the video... i've never felt like i've seen somebody lying like that and trying to keep his story straight, before in my life.

    "Chris Paul has never asked for a trade"

    "Eric Gordon has never asked for a trade"

    I say if he did, trade him along with the hornets name to the Bobcats, i read that Michael Jordan called the Thunder a couple of times to find out if they could get Harden, i'm sure he would take gordon, make it a 3 way deal with the Bucks and bring Brandon Jennings here to play next to Austin Rivers and keep him at the 2.
    Last edited by NemesisKING; 11-02-2012 at 01:06 PM.

  25. #50
    Devouring the West supermati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Strawberry Fields
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    Starting to think everyone who believes he's actually hurt read his interview transcript and didn't watch the actual video. If you watched the video, especially the end, and you still defend him, you're probably the type that is willing to ignore the last four years and vote for Obama again too.

    When someone asks you if you think you'll see the court this year. And it's pain you have and no structural damage. You say, "Oh yeah I'm playing this year. It's just a matter of when." Put Kobe in this situation and even if the doc said it was unlikely he'd get back for 3 months he'd lie and say he's comin back. Sorry for the anger but man some of you guys are so gullible and you're not helping the situation by taking his side and I want to invite you all over for poker night at my house..
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    Totally a joke, and you bit. But again... fixed.

    Sorry but there was no need to mix this discussion with politics.
    Last edited by supermati; 11-02-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •