Pelicans Report

Thread: Stein's Power Rankings

Stein's Power Rankings

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/1

Hornets 20:
    Eventful start to the season with three games, all against 2012 playoff teams, going down to the final minute and two of them ending in victory for the young Hornets. Too eventful, actually, once you throw in The Unibrow's concussion scare and Gordon's latest knee setback.

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    How can we be 7 spots below a 1-2 team that we beat? and 14 spots below the Bulls, lol

Quote Originally Posted by wopester View Post
    How can we be 7 spots below a 1-2 team that we beat? and 14 spots below the Bulls, lol
    Unfortunately that's not how power rankings work.

Quote Originally Posted by wopester View Post
    I thought the same thing... We'll be moving on up throughout the season i think / hope.

Just for comparison, nba.com power rankings have the Hornets at 14:

Quote Originally Posted by NBA.com
    New Orleans (2-1)
    Pace: 93.2 (28), Off: 98.4 (19), Def: 94.4 (6)
    They had no Eric Gordon and no Anthony Davis after halftime on Friday, but the Hornets still picked up impressive wins against the Jazz and Bulls over the weekend, with Greivis Vasquez providing the heroics. Davis is the future of the franchise, but when he was replaced by Ryan Anderson, the Hornets had a lineup that outscored its opponents by 19 points in 25 minutes.
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Davis is the future of the franchise, but when he was replaced by Ryan Anderson, the Hornets had a lineup that outscored its opponents by 19 points in 25 minutes.
    I might be developing a man-crush on RANDERSON... That guy is sooo under-rated. Demps made it happen!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    It's one guys opinion..........

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    I might be developing a man-crush on RANDERSON... That guy is sooo under-rated. Demps made it happen!
    I'm really starting to appreciate RANDERSON's game as well, as you put it haha. He doesn't put himself in situations where he won't be successful unless he has no other choice, as evidenced in the Bulls game when he sought to provide in inside presence on offense. Really like the move made by Demps that made it happen.
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    I thought the same thing... We'll be moving on up throughout the season i think / hope.

R.I.P Sherman Hemsley
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    It's one guys opinion..........
    Agreed.

I could care less about Power Rankings.

This isn't a slight at the OP, as much as it is at people obsessing over where we are each week or experts "disrespecting us."

I'd imagine a 3-game sample won't be representative of how the power rankings will stack up once the regular season ends, anyways. In other words, I wouldn't put too much weight into Stein's opinion.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Rankings or not, I am just happy the season has started. It is great that they are 2-1, but I don't like this much time between games. Although it would be nice if that helps Davis get back on the court.

Stein is not going to show a seismic shift in his rankings off of the first week of games.

Now, if the Hornets keep putting up 2-1 amd 3-1 weeks, then you will see a shift.

Thread Information