Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ESPN ROY forecast

ESPN ROY forecast

Banned
    I don't think it will be that big of a gap in year one because there are some good players, but ultimately I believe he wins. My other favorites are Lillard, Barnes and MKG.

I was thinking T.Rob

I keep forgetting about Beal.

I think its between AD and Lilliard
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    I agree.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    If only Lillard had went to a bigger school, it'd instead be between Lillard and AD.

But enough of that, dude could have a huge rookie year.

Lillard looks pretty amazing. I'll admit. After just watching him one half in the nba, he looks like the real deal.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Lillard will be overrated throughout the season. He will score at times, but won't be that great at distributing or playing defense. Davis should runaway with the ROY. No one else in this class is in his league and I don't think there are any other guaranteed All-Stars from this class.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Lillard has been pretty good with distributing though. I'm not really sure how his defense is.

I was taking a look around at box scores to see what a few other rookies did in their debuts and I haven't found any worth mentioning yet. Lillard will likely have a double double tonight.

Youre clearly not watching this game. Distrubuting isnt his problem. Defense and turnovers, but he seems to have a ton of penertration ability (TWSS), pulls the D and kicks.

He's also playing against a Lakers team that doesn't have guys who defend PGs well. Steve Blake is a joke on defense. Lillard will put up nice numbers this season, but no way will he come close to having a good rookie season as Davis.

If you say so.. this kid is good man.

Have you actually watched Lillard play?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    He's also playing against a Lakers team that doesn't have guys who defend PGs well. Steve Blake is a joke on defense. Lillard will put up nice numbers this season, but no way will he come close to having a good rookie season as Davis.
    Point guards pretty much always have their way with the Lakers. Both Steve Blake AND Nash are jokes on defense. Lakers will likely go 0-2 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    If you say so.. this kid is good man.

Have you actually watched Lillard play?
    Yeah. I'm pressed with his offense, especially his scoring and shooting. He will put up numbers, but at times will take a ton of shots and turn the ball over. He's a good one on one player and can play off the ball as well. I'd be surprised still if he makes an All-Star team.

Oh wow he had a double double. Think Portland would take our starting 5 for him?

The problem with Lillard is that, while he may put up a lot of points, he'll only shoot around 40% from the field because he is such a volume guy. That isn't efficient, and that isn't what I want from my PG.

Lillard reminds me of a young Chauncey perhaps? Very good 3 And midrange shooter. Exceptional finisher with defenders hanging on him

Lillard Oct 31
    23 points / 1 stl / 11 ast / 3 reb / 1 3pm / 7 of 17 from the field / 8/8 from the line.

looks pretty good to me (he is on my fantasy team )

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Lillard Oct 31
    23 points / 1 stl / 11 ast / 3 reb / 1 3pm / 7 of 17 from the field / 8/8 from the line.

looks pretty good to me (he is on my fantasy team )
    Exactly. He's a fantasy player. Stat line guy. Like Slim said, not what I'm looking for in my PG.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Lillard just has that unquantifiable ability. He's going to be a terror for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    Exactly. He's a fantasy player. Stat line guy. Like Slim said, not what I'm looking for in my PG.
    He's exactly what we're looking for from a PG. 11 Dimes, breaks down the D, Has range. Sure his % wasn't great but it was his first game. I WAS AN ANTI LILLARD GUY until i watched him in the NBA. He belongs.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    LOL really? We don't want a guy who shot 41% from the field, 11 dimes and perfect from the stripe? Well I must be dumb for wanting that kind of production from a PG. Or for having liked CP3 as our PG (20-10 guy)

Thread Information