Pelicans Report

Thread: HORNET DEFENSE vs SPURS

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

HORNET DEFENSE vs SPURS

Remember the two previous posts I did with regards to 'what to observe' in the Spurs game? That was followed by an evaulation of how the Horents performed in those areas.

I wrote about the "slip cuts' 'off the ball alertness vs weak side slashers and dribble penetration.

A missed shot doesn't always mean that a team played good defense. ( difference between a pressured shot and the open shot)

During the game I saw ball and player penetration by the Spurs and commented to myself." ther're missing from close range".....the Spurs were 4-16 with shots from 5-9ft.....18-30 15 ft or less....they had 52 pts in the paint with over 40 shots from within the 5ft range!

While the game was a close one (except for that 17-5 killer Spurs run) the Spurs ball + player actions were finding all the space they need vs the Hornets. ( its still early in the learning process)

Tonight the Horents face a Utah team that got to the FT LINE 42 times vs Dallas...ball and player movement will be an issue to deal with tonight.

Another test for the team defense....its a back to back as the team plays in Chicago tomorrow night.
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

Re: HORNET DEFENSE vs SPURS

This will be a game between two strong frontcourts with differing styles. The backcourt for either team is nothing special, but Mo Gotti is probably the best one of the bunch.

I'm looking forward to seeing how our bigs man up against Utah's muscle.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Gerry, what are your thoughts on how Davis played defensively against SA (both within the team scheme as well as individually)?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information