.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: The uncomfortable tone of Eric Gordon's situation

  1. #26
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Then they should have let him walk (not like he'd be able to, though).
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Then they should have let him walk (not like he'd be able to, though).
    But thats the thing he opted for the scope and everything was going fine. Even for him to tryout for team USA. And still no structural damage is seen so what did they have to go on to let him walk when it seemed he was recovering well? I'm not saying they arent partly to blame but i can see why they went ahead and matched with the info they had at the time.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    The Saints biggest crime was stupidity. After being warned by the NFL to stop whatever it was they were doing they continued. And, yes, fans need to let it go because nothing is going to change. It is time to move on.
    Scooter, is that you? Were the Saints stupid? yes. Does the punishment fit the crime? hell no. Should the players and fans accept unfair punishment and false accusations for a common practice amongst many teams in the NFL. No. If you don't believe bounty/pay-per-performance programs and tough ra-ra brutal speeches were commonplace in the NFL before this biased witch-hunting scandal, you are a fool.

  4. #29
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Scooter, is that you? Were the Saints stupid? yes. Does the punishment fit the crime? hell no. Should the players and fans accept unfair punishment and false accusations for a common practice amongst many teams in the NFL. No. If you don't believe bounty/pay-per-performance programs and tough ra-ra brutal speeches were commonplace in the NFL before this biased witch-hunting scandal, you are a fool.
    Only fools are the people who think they can change the result. As I said, time to move on.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Only fools are the people who think they can change the result. As I said, time to move on.
    Reread your quote. Um - really?

    If people did not fight for what they believed in, and did not believe they could change the result.... where would we be now?

    Perhaps when you are faced with unjust consequences based on heresay, you simply crumble and do as your told, with your tail between your legs. I, for one, am glad that our country is full of people who don't.

    If someone wasn't "foolish enough to believe they could change it"...... the world would still be flat.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Reread your quote. Um - really?

    If people did not fight for what they believed in, and did not believe they could change the result.... where would we be now?

    Perhaps when you are faced with unjust consequences based on heresay, you simply crumble and do as your told, with your tail between your legs. I, for one, am glad that our country is full of people who don't.

    If someone wasn't "foolish enough to believe they could change it"...... the world would still be flat.
    ^^This...

  7. #32
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Reread your quote. Um - really?

    If people did not fight for what they believed in, and did not believe they could change the result.... where would we be now?

    Perhaps when you are faced with unjust consequences based on heresay, you simply crumble and do as your told, with your tail between your legs. I, for one, am glad that our country is full of people who don't.

    If someone wasn't "foolish enough to believe they could change it"...... the world would still be flat.
    That's a very moving argument that amounts to a bunch of rhetorical nonsense. Fans being bitter over a decision by the NFL commissioner is in no way near comparable to the grand achievements of mankind you invoke. Get some perspective.

  8. #33

  9. #34
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,459
    And why couldn't this "stringent rehabilitation work" be done while he was doing nothing during the preseason?

  10. #35
    Why couldn't he come out and say he suffered a setback and be done with it?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •