Pelicans Report

Thread: Spurs-Hornets Advanced Box Score

Spurs-Hornets Advanced Box Score

Man, that was a fun game to watch. Liked how Monty increased the pace. This team will struggle in a halfcourt game most of the team. Also will struggle late in games unless someone steps up. It was a tough loss and hopefully the team can avoid blowing late leads. Let's go to it.

Offensive Rating (Team - 101.6)

Smith - 154
    Davis - 144
    Mason - 118
    Vasquez - 113
    Anderson - 100
    Aminu - 86
    Lopez - 86
    Miller - 77
    Rivers - 58

Aminu's scorer seemed too low for me. I think the turnovers brought him down and maybe having a total shooting of 50% mainly because he shot so many two-pointers and didn't make any threes and just one FT. Still, I thought he was solid offensively, but maybe he's just gonna have to get to the FT line more since 17 points on 16 shots is not great. Davis didnt turn the ball over, made 9/9 from FTs which made his total shooting really high. Smith was really efficient as well with his 83% from the field. Rivers not only had the lowest rating, but also the highest usage. A bad combination for the offense. That's why the team would be better off going starting Mason at SG for now. Doesn't demand the ball as much, better shooter, and not any worse defensively.

Defensive Rating (Team - 105)

Miller - 96
    Aminu - 98
    Smith - 99
    Lopez - 105
    Davis - 105
    Vasquez - 107
    Anderson - 109
    Rivers - 112
    Mason - 112

Aminu will always be a stellar defender. Long arms, athletic, can rebound, and get steals. I was really happy with his performance last night. I'm still over thrilled right now. If Jason Smith continues to have games like this, he will demand more PT. He awas pretty much flawless last night. Vasquez's 107 wasn't that bad considering he went up against an elite, unstoppable Tony Parker. Just one block from Unibrow? That won't happen too often. Watch for his rating to improve once he blocks more shots.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...210310NOH.html

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    AD didn't get a lot of rebounds either. It's what happens when he has to guard bigs that like to shoot from outside.

It can also happen when you play less than a half an hour. I was expecting to see at least 32-33 minutes from AD last night. Lopez managed to grab 9 though in less time than that.

Who will he be matched up with tomorrow night? Favors? Kanter? Jefferson? Millsap?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    It can also happen when you play less than a half an hour. I was expecting to see at least 32-33 minutes from AD last night. Lopez managed to grab 9 though in less time than that.

Who will he be matched up with tomorrow night? Favors? Kanter? Jefferson? Millsap?
    Lopez will be on Jefferson for sure. Davis should do well against Millsap if he avoids the pump fakes. Otherwise his length should really bother Millsap. I think Smith and Anderson will do solid against Kanter and Favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    AD didn't get a lot of rebounds either. It's what happens when he has to guard bigs that like to shoot from outside.
    Great point about the rebounding and guarding perimeter bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I think Smith and Anderson will do solid against Kanter and Favors.
    The Utah radio guy agrees
    David Locke ‏@Lockedonsports
    Watching Hornets v. Spurs on flight to NO - Hornets 2nd team bigs Anderson and Smith stretch the floor going to be tough for DF and EK
    And thanks for doing these posts. I enjoyed them last season.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    *sniff* We can create matchup problems that work FOR us now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Lopez will be on Jefferson for sure. Davis should do well against Millsap if he avoids the pump fakes. Otherwise his length should really bother Millsap. I think Smith and Anderson will do solid against Kanter and Favors.
    Uh oh. I'm getting excited again. LOL.

Thread Information