.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: OT: Rookie Advanced Box Score

  1. #1
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,723

    OT: Rookie Advanced Box Score

    Here are some of the offensive/defensive ratings from rookies last night.

    1. Anthony Davis - 144/105 (beast!)
    3. Bradley Beal - 89/106 (shot poorlym couple of turnovers)
    4. Dion Waiters - 102/92 (high total shooting, steals help, turnovers hurt)
    5. Thomas Robinson - 41/100 (Shot poorly in 21 minutes)
    6. Damian Lillard - 108/115 (turnovers, extremely high usage hurt his offensive rating)
    7. Harrison Barnes - 130/98 (didn't shoot well, but low usage and solid play in 13 minutes)
    8. Terrence Ross - 0/106 (not much in 6 minutes)
    9. Andre Drummond - 47/94 (Defended well, but 2 turnovers in 12 minutes)
    10. Austin Rivers - 58/112 (Not as bad as TRob offensively)
    11. Meyers Leonard - 160/116 (efficient, low usage in 23 minutes)

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  2. #2
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,492
    I'm pretty sure TRob would be here if the ping pong balls hadn't bounced our way. So its interesting to see him struggle so far. Hope he turns it around, as I was legitimately excited about the guy for a while.

    Back to the Hornets, Davis is a beast fellas. He is the real deal. Rebounds, defends and scores way more than most expected. So fun to think that he will only get better is

  3. #3

    OT: Rookie Advanced Box Score

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I'm pretty sure TRob would be here if the ping pong balls hadn't bounced our way. So its interesting to see him struggle so far. Hope he turns it around, as I was legitimately excited about the guy for a while.

    Back to the Hornets, Davis is a beast fellas. He is the real deal. Rebounds, defends and scores way more than most expected. So fun to think that he will only get better is
    Unfortunately getting selected by the kings pretty much ruined his career.

  4. #4
    dumb question but i know the higher the # for offense the better, but on defense is it higher or lower = better?

  5. #5
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,723
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    dumb question but i know the higher the # for offense the better, but on defense is it higher or lower = better?
    Lower number is better for defense.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Here are some of the offensive/defensive ratings from rookies last night.

    1. Anthony Davis - 144/105 (beast!)
    3. Bradley Beal - 89/106 (shot poorlym couple of turnovers)
    4. Dion Waiters - 102/92 (high total shooting, steals help, turnovers hurt)
    5. Thomas Robinson - 41/100 (Shot poorly in 21 minutes)
    6. Damian Lillard - 108/115 (turnovers, extremely high usage hurt his offensive rating)
    7. Harrison Barnes - 130/98 (didn't shoot well, but low usage and solid play in 13 minutes)
    8. Terrence Ross - 0/106 (not much in 6 minutes)
    9. Andre Drummond - 47/94 (Defended well, but 2 turnovers in 12 minutes)
    10. Austin Rivers - 58/112 (Not as bad as TRob offensively)
    11. Meyers Leonard - 160/116 (efficient, low usage in 23 minutes)
    Where do you find those ratings?

  7. #7
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Where do you find those ratings?
    www.basketball-reference.com

    The offensive rating should always be higher than the defensive rating. Last year the average offensive/defensive rating was 104. So far this season its 101. Basically offensive rating above 101 is above average and a defensive rating above 101 is below average.

  8. #8
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    It says Davis has a def. rating of 103.

  9. #9
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,723
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    It says Davis has a def. rating of 103.
    I just noticed that. The Spurs-Hornets box score had him at 105 for the game. Wonder why its different now.

  10. #10
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! da ThRONe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,966
    I'm not going to make any drastic comments after one game either way. I've said this before stats are nice to get some perspective, but they don't tell the whole story not even advance stats.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •