Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    And just as a side note, if Gordon tried to fake an injury in order to sit out a few games, or even a season, that is a breach of contract, and he would have all sorts of legal issues to deal with. That isn't even to mention the black mark he would have from every team in the league stating that they can't trust this player with a big contract. I can't imagine he is stupid enough to pull such a stunt. More than that, Gordon is a pure basketball player, and he loves to play the game. You can tell he has a true passion for the game, and those kinds of players won't sit out a full year pretending to have an injury. You guys all need to get your heads out of your you-know-whats, let go of the conspiracy theories, and just accept the fact that Gordon is an injury prone player, and we will likely have to deal with this for the next 3-4 years. It is what it is, but concocting all of this "he's faking" nonsense is just making everything worse.
    I totally agree.
    I have my doubts if Gordon wants to be in NOLA, but I have no doubt that he is injury prone.
    He is injured that is why he isn't playing. I couldn't imagine many players in the league delibrately faking an injury just because he doesn't want to play in New Orleans. These guys love basketball they dont know much else.

Why the hell wouldn't he want to be part of this core team with the potential they have?
    By not playing he isn't doing himself any favours for future trades.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    So you think our training staff took a club to his knee, and that's why he is sitting out? The guy is injury prone. These things happen. Nobody knows the severity of it, and for all we know, he could be suiting up and playing in a week.

Injuries happen. No medical staff can sprinkle some magical fairy dust and make a player stay healthy. Monty said the staff did wonders for his knee, and Gordon is the only player injured on our team right now. JSmith got hurt, and he was ready to play last night. Rivers sprained the same ankle twice in one week, and he still played last night.

I would say our training staff is definitely not the problem here. Again, Gordon is an injury prone player, but he is still one of the best in the league at his position. Demps knew what he was signing up for, so hopefully it isn't as bad as people, who are purely speculating (by the way), are making it out to be.

And just as a side note, if Gordon tried to fake an injury in order to sit out a few games, or even a season, that is a breach of contract, and he would have all sorts of legal issues to deal with. That isn't even to mention the black mark he would have from every team in the league stating that they can't trust this player with a big contract. I can't imagine he is stupid enough to pull such a stunt. More than that, Gordon is a pure basketball player, and he loves to play the game. You can tell he has a true passion for the game, and those kinds of players won't sit out a full year pretending to have an injury. You guys all need to get your heads out of your you-know-whats, let go of the conspiracy theories, and just accept the fact that Gordon is an injury prone player, and we will likely have to deal with this for the next 3-4 years. It is what it is, but concocting all of this "he's faking" nonsense is just making everything worse.
    I totally agree, but the way the Hornets and Gordon have handled this leads to all the conspiracy theories.

-Gordon not being with the team last year while he was injured.
    -Gordon stating that his heart was in Phoenix and that he would be disappointed if the Hornets matched the offer.
    -The Hornets not letting Gordon address the media yesterday
    -Monty's comments about how the doctors have cleared him and how he seemed to be holding back from throwing him under the bus
    -The lack of a specific diagnosis
    -Demp's comments yesterday
    -Gordon contradicting himself today

I think if it didn't seem like the Hornets and Gordon were holding things back and not being completely honest with the fan base then we would be more understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    I totally agree, but the way the Hornets and Gordon have handled this leads to all the conspiracy theories.

-Gordon not being with the team last year while he was injured.
    -Gordon stating that his heart was in Phoenix and that he would be disappointed if the Hornets matched the offer.
    -The Hornets not letting Gordon address the media yesterday
    -Monty's comments about how the doctors have cleared him and how he seemed to be holding back from throwing him under the bus
    -The lack of a specific diagnosis
    -Demp's comments yesterday
    -Gordon contradicting himself today

I think if it didn't seem like the Hornets and Gordon were holding things back and not being completely honest with the fan base then we would be more understanding.
    This is from the article you just posted in another thread (nice find, by the way):

This is yet another of the odd contradictions in the Gordon saga; it doesn't fit with his actions. When the team gathered for voluntary workouts in August, Gordon was there -- was there early, in fact. When last season ended -- a season in which Gordon played only nine of 66 games -- Gordon spent the majority of the time working out in New Orleans before heading to Las Vegas with Team USA.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...uested-a-trade

Gordon's actions, post-Suns debacle, have done nothing but suggest he is 100% "in" with the Hornets. The guy was one of the first to show up for voluntary workouts, spent a good portion of the off season working out here in NOLA, and he also has come out and said many times that he ready to move on from the off season/Phoenix thing and focus on winning here in New Orleans.

People, and I'm not suggesting you fall in this category, but most people want blood from him, almost as if they, themselves, shelled out $58 million for him. It's hysterical, and it's sad at the same time. I don't feel bad for Gordon, because he cause a lot of this mess by his little Phoenix tirade, but fans are now inventing stories about him faking injuries, not wanting to be here, not trying hard to come back from injuries, etc... It's ridiculous, and until more information comes out, people just need to shut the **** up about the nonsensical speculation.

Let's just all take a breather and wait to see what the prognosis turns out to be this weekend.

No point in panicking just yet.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Let's just all take a breather and wait to see what the prognosis turns out to be this weekend.

Precisely. If information comes out that Gordon is bulling a Baron Davis, then I'll quit defending him. Until then, there is no need for all the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post

Some ppl on here act like we are gunning for a title.
    If the guy isn't right i'd rather he sit out then @#$% himself for the next 3 years and beyond.

Thread Information