Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

BOB LICHT ‏@hortonhomers
    Question for #theofficialEG10. If MRIs come back negative w/no structural damage, and u get medical clearance to play...will u play w/pain?
    Who here would play with pain? Mind you we all have different pain thresholds but would you play with pain? HAVE you played with pain?

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Lol damn im really on the spot now huh? If hes injured we will see. If nothing is wrong ill just become apathetic about him. I am tired of the drama like everyone here lol
    Haha! I hear you JJack.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Who here would play with pain? Mind you we all have different pain thresholds but would you play with pain? HAVE you played with pain?
    Yes, I have. I've nearly broken my finger, partially dislocated my shoulder playing throw up tackle, all kinds of scraps and asphalt burns cuz diving for passes in the middle of the street makes sense when you're 12. But I kept going.

It's not impossible. But if the pain is THAT debilitatting and there's no physical cause for it...only way I can figure is he's got a pinched nerve ending somewhere.

To me, I feel like I'm starting to catch a drift of what might be going on.

I think he is bizarre behavior can be explained if in fact his knee was messed up before he signed his big contract and he tried/is trying to cover it up. That's why the injury is so mysterious, there is, no there isn't structural damage. Maybe he thought he could cover it up and it would be fine by the time the season started.

The problem is if he signed that contract knowing he had a bum knee, there will no doubt be a huge lawsuit and the hornets will try to make his contract null and void. If there was any sort of funny business going on with him being deceitful, they might have a case. It's funny how 58 million dollars will make you do funny things. He has to be careful what he says in his interviews lest he implicate himself.

So maybe our best case is that we are able to get out of this contract and throw this guy out on his ***.

Haha i unknowingly played soccer with a torn Calf muscle granted i couldnt kick for crap. It was extremely painful but im insane lol it was not smart to play on it. I also had a lingering knee issue and my knee would give out after maybe 45 minutes. It was not particularly painful but it limited me alot (should have let it heal). If hes genuinly injured i can forgive him- its a huge disapointment but injuries happen and we took the risk on him.

Those giving him the benefit of the doubt - Why do you think his coach isn't? There is more here than meets the eye. Monty is not just winging it. He is fed up with the prima donna act.

Pain needs to be more clearly defined. What's his pain threshold? It certainly seems like it's not very high. If the doctors tell him he's fine and there's no increased risk of further injury, then he should try to play. He's being paid 13+ million a year to push himself as hard as he can athletically.

He seems like Marcus Dupree to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Those giving him the benefit of the doubt - Why do you think his coach isn't? There is more here than meets the eye. Monty is not just winging it. He is fed up with the prima donna act.
    I believe what i believe. You believe what you believe. We believe what we believe... which brings me to ask the question: Why cant we be friends?

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Not only that Monty is old school. He played in college with a heart condition. I believe i also remember him saying he played a whole season with bone spurs in his ankle or knee issue or something like that...played through a lot of pain in other words. Soooo yea i can see why he'd be a little aggravated with it.

I believe what i believe. You believe what you believe. We believe what we believe... which brings me to ask the question: Why cant we be friends?
    We're all friends (i would hope..we're all for the same team) I think everyone is just frustrated and understandably so.

Who here would play with pain?
    It depends on how much pain and how much I trust the doctor's diagnosis. Gordon refusing to play could be completely reasonable from his end, but if the pain is too much to play and the doctors can't fix it then medical retirement is where this would be headed.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    If I collected my $15 million regardless? I'd probably just take my comfy seat on the bench.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Not only that Monty is old school. He played in college with a heart condition. I believe i also remember him saying he played a whole season with bone spurs in his ankle or knee issue or something like that...played through a lot of pain in other words. Soooo yea i can see why he'd be a little aggravated with it.
    He also said something about playing with an injury when he really shouldn't have too didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    If I collected my $15 million regardless? I'd probably just take my comfy seat on the bench.
    Now you understand Gordon's mentality...

i played a whole football game with a torn mcl.... not knwoing what is was my stupid coach told me to touch it out because i had been injured my previous 2 years with ankles....i was an idiot shoud've never played couldnt walk straight no drive...at half time it stiffened up on and had to warm it up early, end all be all dumb decision should have not listened

He also said something about playing with an injury when he really shouldn't have too didn't he?
    Well i mean thats on the player i think. For example Kobe Bryant didn't HAVE to play a whole season with a torn ligament in his hand or on a bad foot but he does/did?

I told you people this was a bad idea to match that offer.
    Ballin

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Exactly. He has zero incentive to play. He got his big fat contract. He can just sit and collect money for the next few years and maybe risk playing in 2015 when he's in another contract year. I mean, I would gladly sit on a bench and wave a towel for a 1% of what Gordon makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post

Do we have the authority to make him a cyborg? We paid 58 mil and we have the technology

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gonna be that guy, huh?

Do we have the authority to make him a cyborg? We paid 58 mil and we have the technology

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Awesome

Draft Pick
    The only doctor he needs is a psychiatrist. I spent a lot of time watching him on the bench last night...dude doesn't wanna be anywhere near a basketball court; as a fan or a player. Didn't seem like other players gave a lick about him either.

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

Thread Information