.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 206

Thread: Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Repost because I agree with you.
    appreciate that someone see's it this way too

  2. #102
    Look i think we can all agree we are frustrated. Frustration leads to saying things that may be incorrect or rush to judgement. We're fans. Thats what we're supposed to do.
    Bottom line is Eric AND the Hornets have had over a year to get this thing right.
    I don't blame anyone on here and i'm certainly not going to apologize.

    If he gets healthy and goes out and activates beast mode everyone will love him again.
    Such is the life of a sports fan.
    It's a "what have you done for me lately" world to quote the godfather of the whodat nation.. lol
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 11-01-2012 at 01:36 PM.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan90277 View Post
    Adrian Peterson, Jammal Charles and Rashard Mendenhall all blew out their acl's last year and came back to perform at a high level in a sport that is more physically punishing than basketball.
    So what. For every injury you post like that I could show you another that does not work out so well. Things are missed. Things don't work. Certain peoples bodies recover faster.

  4. #104
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Thanks.

  5. #105
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,560
    Eric Gordon is officially the biggest ***** in the NBA.

  6. #106
    I'm not falling for the PR okie doke....there is a REASON the media escorted him out yesterday and didn't let him speak until today. I'm done with it personally. We made a bad financial decision and every GM makes at least 1. I will give 2 ***** about dude until we get something for him or his balls finally drop and he plays. Until then my focus is on the guys on the court....
    Last edited by Miss_318; 11-01-2012 at 01:38 PM.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Well it didn't help that the person who posted the tweets only posted the worst quotes.
    exactly...

  8. #108
    Starter HornetsFan90277's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Posts
    172
    The way he started out the press conference with the organizational love was phony to me and he was obviously told to do that by his people. Yes we have been waiting for him to say something like that but it was forced and out of place here.
    "I am sorry if what I say hurts your feelings....Wait, no I'm not!"

  9. #109
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    See the whotes from twitter say one thing, this interview says another. I won't be so hard on him. He said things I wanted to hear.

  10. #110
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Enough is enough with this clown. People need to stop defending him.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  11. #111
    is it truly hard to understand that athletes get injured more than once, some more prone to others... i think the biggest thing everybody is looking for is clarity, truth, and honetsy which also falls on the team and not just eg

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan90277 View Post
    Adrian Peterson, Jammal Charles and Rashard Mendenhall all blew out their acl's last year and came back to perform at a high level in a sport that is more physically punishing than basketball.
    The thing is, he doesn't (apparently) have anything torn or structurally damaged. So if and when he can get past/get rid of this pain, he should hypothetically come back as good as ever.

    This is just a very frustrating situation.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    See the whotes from twitter say one thing, this interview says another. I won't be so hard on him. He said things I wanted to hear.
    Thats the problem for me. Thats the PR okie doke....at this point I don't want to hear about how much you "love and respect" this organization this city. Thats something you should have done the day you got here instead of looking like someone **** in your bed your entire first season here and claiming your heart with in Phoenix because they made you feel special by rolling out a orange carpet and throwing shiny tchotchkes at you. So miss me with that...

    At this point with him only playing 9 games he need to come out with the truth...even if that means he has to go through all the tests before you address the media. For better or worse I think most fans don't want to hear spin...we want to know what the **** is going on. And thats goes for the Hornets and Gordon. Stop being so guarded about the situation...the've invested the money but the fans have invested our hopes that this guy could play. So we are owed and ACTUAL explination.

    In my opinion I would have waited until he got all these tests done before even speaking on it. And it should have been done a long time ago instead of the day before the damn season started...

  14. #114
    All-Star cjjr72984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Orleans East
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    I'm not falling for the PR okie doke....there is a REASON the media escorted him out yesterday and didn't let him speak until today. I'm done with it personally. We made a bad financial decision and every GM makes at least 1. I will give 2 ***** about dude until we get something for him or his balls finally drop and he plays. Until then my focus is on the guys on the court....
    Agreed 100% on several points.

    1.) Dude doesn't speak until today in some rehearsed speech about how much of an honor and privilege it is to play for the Hornets AFTER he said his heart was in Phoenix. Not buying it. His agent and the Hornets probably told him to act appreciative and thankful so Gordon won't look like a child that wants out. At least Gordon's reputation won't be tarnished around the NBA, and the Hornets may get a better trade deal.

    2.) I also agree about your feeling going forward. I'm done with dude. Only worried about players that have embraced this organization and city and want to be here. From now on, win or lose, I'll be following the progress of Davis, Rivers, Anderson, and others. Don't have time for diva NBA players and their negativity. It's nothing but a drain on teammates and fans.


    This organization has been through enough with the Baron Davis silliness, JR Smith saga, the post 2008 seasons where we were strapped with bad contracts + lack of ownership stability. It's time for fans of this team to be able to watch these guys every night w/out a feeling of uneasiness. NO MORE! NO....MORE!
    Last edited by cjjr72984; 11-01-2012 at 02:05 PM.

  15. #115
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,859
    Bull. Crap. I don't wanna hear no mess about different people. Where's the statute of limitations? Cuz that's one slippery *** slope.
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  16. #116
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    He comes off as bipolar to me.

  17. #117
    Is this thing on?
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,347
    Not sure how to feel about this. I think the press conference didn't sound as bad as the quotes made it out to be. Also, I'm not a doctor and can't speak with authority on knee problems.

    But... It sure seems like the someone is hiding something. The way the Hornets hustle him out one day, and then the next day he's giving us the speech about how much he loves the city and organization. Something is just not right.

  18. #118
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,250
    Who is Eric Gordon and why should I care? #movingon

  19. #119
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012


    Unfortunate indeed but I will continue living and watching my team. GEAUX HORNETS!!

  20. #120
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,309
    He honestly seems humbled by this... But we'll see whenever he gets back if its real or an act. Ill give him five games.

  21. #121
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    He honestly seems humbled by this... But we'll see whenever he gets back if its real or an act. Ill give him five games.

    5 games for what?

  22. #122
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post
    Agreed 100% on several points.

    1.) Dude doesn't speak until today in some rehearsed speech about how much of an honor and privilege it is to play for the Hornets AFTER he said his heart was in Phoenix. Not buying it. His agent and the Hornets probably told him to act appreciative and thankful so Gordon won't look like a child that wants out. At least Gordon's reputation won't be tarnished around the NBA, and the Hornets may get a better trade deal.

    2.) I also agree about your feeling going forward. I'm done with dude. Only worried about players that have embraced this organization and city and want to be here. From now on, win or lose, I'll be following the progress of Davis, Rivers, Anderson, and others. Don't have time for diva NBA players and their negativity. It's nothing but a drain on teammates and fans.


    This organization has been through enough with the Baron Davis silliness, JR Smith saga, the post 2008 seasons where we were strapped with bad contracts + lack of ownership stability. It's time for fans of this team to be able to watch these guys every night w/out a feeling of uneasiness. NO MORE! NO....MORE!
    I do feel like too much drama is involved when we should be excited. Maybe he is injured but his past actions put him on a thin leash and everyone has had enough. I hope last night is just the beginning of a great season bc it was great to watch it really was.

  23. #123
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    5 games for what?
    Too get back and show us he wants to be here.

  24. #124
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Too get back and show us he wants to be here.
    What if he finds out he has to have surgery and actually has surgery you expect him back in 5 games?

  25. #125
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    What if he finds out he has to have surgery and actually has surgery you expect him back in 5 games?
    Lol damn im really on the spot now huh? If hes injured we will see. If nothing is wrong ill just become apathetic about him. I am tired of the drama like everyone here lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •