Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

I see alot of one-siddedness on here, im frustrated that he isnt playing as well but if your going to tell the whole story tell it.

Gordon-- "It's an honor and a priviledge just to be part of this organization as a player."

Gordon: "I only played 9 games last year. I haven't played any this year. It's been frustrating to watch guys play and not be a part of it.

"Gordon said he will receive update from doctors this weekend on knee. "I'm looking forward to see what the doctors say."

"I've been injured since I've been here. It's tough as a player... It has been very frustrating not to be able to do your job."

Dr James Andrews or retire

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    POSTED ON NOLA.COM
    if we can just get rid of him without it having a big impact on the Hornets' salary cap then I'm fine

Quote Originally Posted by lancebrou68 View Post
    I see alot of one-siddedness on here, im frustrated that he isnt playing as well but if your going to tell the whole story tell it.

Gordon-- "It's an honor and a priviledge just to be part of this organization as a player."

Gordon: "I only played 9 games last year. I haven't played any this year. It's been frustrating to watch guys play and not be a part of it.

"Gordon said he will receive update from doctors this weekend on knee. "I'm looking forward to see what the doctors say."

"I've been injured since I've been here. It's tough as a player... It has been very frustrating not to be able to do your job."
    Repost because I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Is that in an article or comments?
    That was a comment.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    POSTED ON NOLA.COM
    I think that the only problem would be proving that he is good to go...How can someone tell someone that one is "fit" to play? Even if nothing structurally may be wrong, it could possibly be a mental thing. In such case the player still wouldn't be the same. So how do lawyers attack that?

I don't think it is the training staff. When CP3 had knee issues...they fixed it and brought him along slowly until he was able to go full speed. And I think it was the same scope type surgery CP3 had. And CP played...

He's saying that he suffered a setback between the Olympic tryouts and Voluntary workouts with the team. WTF was he doing between then?!?!?

I'm sorry but to me...just after analyzing the comments from both sides...it seems like maybe he didn't tell them what was going on. Or this is just a mental thing. I just can't sit here a believe that if this problem was really a major problem they wouldn't have taken care of it right away.....
    Last edited by Miss_318; 11-01-2012 at 01:22 PM.

When CP3 had a serious injury he went to Dr. James Andrews. Chris Paul had the torn part of his meniscus removed. Don't think it was the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    I don't think it is the training staff. When CP3 had knee issues...they fixed it and brought him along slowly until he was able to go full speed. And I think it was the same scope type surgery CP3 had. And CP played...

He's saying that he suffered a setback between the Olympic tryouts and Voluntary workouts with the team. WTF was he doing between then?!?!?

Running on the beach with tires on his back for one.

But on a serious note. There could have been more damage that the doctors missed.

When CP3 had a serious injury he went to Dr. James Andrews. Chris Paul had the torn part of his meniscus removed. Don't think it was the same thing.
    When basically ANY athlete has a serious knee problem they go to James Andrews...
    There is a reason he is the only sports doctors name i know....

Clearly MRI and doctor assessments from hornets staff showed no structural damages to Gordon's knee. Monty and Dell expect Gordon to play.

Gordons now being a ***** and complaining that his knee hurts (we all know this means he wants out)

To get out of being liable for breaching his contract terms, Gordons team is asking for more tests on the basis that his knee still hurts. They will probably get one of their doctors to go through the MRI thoroughly until he finds the smallest little inconstancy that could possibly explain some type of knee pain. Gordon's team will go the Hornets and say trade him now and until you do so he is sitting and you can't sue us because here are the doctors results.

This is worst case scenario.

If I were the Hornets I would say screw it, let Gordon sit for 4 years ruin his legacy and reputation and fight him tooth and nail in court so all of his sponsors back away from him and he wastes all his money on legal bills

Best case scenario: He is legitimately hurt and he is a whiny little *****.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    When basically ANY athlete has a serious knee problem they go to James Andrews...
    There is a reason he is the only sports doctors name i know....
    Is this Dr. Montgomery a Hornets doctor?

Look man, you can't expect a guy to play if they think they are injured. This same thing ruined Grant Hill career because he was playing on a foot that the doctors could not find the problem and continually cleared to play.

I'm not defending the guy by any means. I think if Austin Rivers has that same injury he's playing, whether he has a Grant Hill like injury arc or not. You just can't say the guy is trying to get traded because anyone who sat in that arena and saw the potential of this team last night can't be stupid enough to want out.

Is this Dr. Montgomery a Hornets doctor?
    Dr. Scott Montgomery is the team’s physician

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock24 View Post
    Look man, you can't expect a guy to play if they think they are injured. This same thing ruined Grant Hill career because he was playing on a foot that the doctors could not find the problem and continually cleared to play.

I'm not defending the guy by any means. I think if Austin Rivers has that same injury he's playing, whether he has a Grant Hill like injury arc or not. You just can't say the guy is trying to get traded because anyone who sat in that arena and saw the potential of this team last night can't be stupid enough to want out.

This is all true. But hard to take.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Dr. Scott Montgomery is the team’s physician
    Thanks. Any idea how long he's been with the organization?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Guys I am legitimately depressed about something Hornets related for the first time in a loooong time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feels-Bad-Man-Feels-Bad.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	4399  

After watching the video of his comments posted on H247, I am less pessimistic about the man. The video comments come off a lot better than the quotes we were receiving. Always tough to tell if someone is being genuine, but maybe, just maybe we should still give the guy a chance. I admit I flip flopped big time since my earlier post but I do try to have faith in the good heartedness of people and I, like a lot of people, was reacting in the moment as the tweets came in. Here's to hoping one day we get to see a healthy Eric Gordon in a Hornets uniform and that he finds health and peace here because we know the talent he possesses. If not, so be it.

Thanks. Any idea how long he's been with the organization?
    http://www.ochsner.org/find_a_doctor...tt_montgomery/

I do have to admit that after watching the video, I'm back where I started: wondering what is really going on. He made the effort to say nice things about the city and the team, that's worth something at least. Folks on the board have been hoping to hear stuff like that. But overall this situation is still weird.

Quote Originally Posted by LVprivateer View Post
    After watching the video of his comments posted on H247, I am less pessimistic about the man. The video comments come off a lot better than the quotes we were receiving. Always tough to tell if someone is being genuine, but maybe, just maybe we should still give the guy a chance. I admit I flip flopped big time since my earlier post but I do try to have faith in the good heartedness of people and I, like a lot of people, was reacting in the moment as the tweets came in. Here's to hoping one day we get to see a healthy Eric Gordon in a Hornets uniform and that he finds health and peace here because we know the talent he possesses. If not, so be it.
    Well it didn't help that the person who posted the tweets only posted the worst quotes.

Adrian Peterson, Jammal Charles and Rashard Mendenhall all blew out their acl's last year and came back to perform at a high level in a sport that is more physically punishing than basketball.
    "I am sorry if what I say hurts your feelings....Wait, no I'm not!"

Thread Information