Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I pretty much agree with this. Unless Gordon comes out and says that he will play Friday and he will give the Hornets their money back for every game he misses over the next 4 years, we will be upset.

But he put himself in this corner with his comments and his actions. I feel no sympathy. I just hope he becomes the player he can be, but I am not counting on it
    How about him saying for each game he misses he will donate the paycheck to good causes around NOLA. Like fixing up courts or school programs. That is a good way to win back the community.

The truth.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The truth.
    What, in your opinion, would be the truth? That he doesn't want to be here?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This is beyond ridiculous. Im tired of seeing this bull****. I was hoping he shaped up after we matched but hes not doing anything.

Just man the **** up. Kobe Bryant plays through fractures and torn ligaments every day. This press conference better have him say hes gonna play next game.

Im EXPECTING him to say something immature about the city booing him, and how he may be out long but he is not sure when he would return.

This guy way of thinking is coming off non-logical and selfish though. Im really expecting something negative from him about the city and his future with the team..
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Does anyone know if EJ did anything basketball related at practice today? If he didn't, that would mean the team is shutting him down for a week or two, or he is having knee scoped, and would be out for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    What, in your opinion, would be the truth? That he doesn't want to be here?
    I don't know what the truth is. the only "proof" we have that this is about not being here was a post that didnt claim he had inside information and clues. If he's injured, what's going on? Why not come out and say I want to be in New Orleans to the public? That'd be healing enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Im EXPECTING him to say something immature about the city booing him, and how he may be out long but he is not sure when he would return.

This guy way of thinking is coming off non-logical and selfish though. Im really expecting something negative from him about the city and his future with the team..
    This would sadly be consistent with how he's presented himself through the media in the past.

Whining and being obscure about the extent of his knee "injury".

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I don't know what the truth is. the only "proof" we have that this is about not being here was a post that didnt claim he had inside information and clues. If he's injured, what's going on? Why not come out and say I want to be in New Orleans to the public? That'd be healing enough for me.
    If he came out and said that today would you wholeheartedly believe him?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Gordon: "don't rule out missin entire season"

@SteveGellerWWL: Eric Gordon update...he says no timetable for his return AND wouldn't rule out missing entire season

@GerrityJoe: Eric gordon said It has been very frustrating as a player not to do your job every day.

@GerrityJoe: Gordon said its very painful. He said he doesnt know "at all" when or if he'll be be back this season.

@GerrityJoe: Gordon contradicted himself. he said there is no damage, but there is damage. Very odd. Video soon.

@GerrityJoe: @GerrityJoe: He "sorta" experienced a setback between vegas and camp. There is nothing structurally wrong. Hes had mri's recently

So what is everyone hoping to hear or get out of this 'availability' today?
    Honestly it seems like most just want to add fuel to the fire....

The only way this gets better is if he starts playing. So I really could care less about him addressing the media today.

At the end of the day, nothing but being on the court and playing with the team will silence his critics.

If he came out and said that today would you wholeheartedly believe him?
    I'd wholeheartedly believe he's comitted for the next 4 years because he's taking a step towards repairing a broken relationship. JNust like any damaged relationship, one statement or one action never repairs everything. Make a statement, come out and play ball the way we know he can, and in a couple of years all will be forgiven. Hell, when we make the playoffs all will be forgiven. Will he ever be embraced the way CP3 or The Brow was/will be? Nope, but that's his own doing.

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    The season? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Honestly it seems like most just want to add fuel to the fire....

The only way this gets better is if he starts playing. So I really could care less about him addressing the media today.
    I agree right here. It only gets better if he starts playing or is traded. Anything else.....

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    @SteveGellerWWL: Eric Gordon update...he says no timetable for his return AND wouldn't rule out missing entire season

@GerrityJoe: Eric gordon said It has been very frustrating as a player not to do your job every day.

@GerrityJoe: Gordon said its very painful. He said he doesnt know "at all" when or if he'll be be back this season.

@GerrityJoe: Gordon contradicted himself. he said there is no damage, but there is damage. Very odd. Video soon.

@GerrityJoe: @GerrityJoe: He "sorta" experienced a setback between vegas and camp. There is nothing structurally wrong. Hes had mri's recently
    Terrible news. How can a set back make you miss the WHOLE season?

You have got to be kidding me.

Send his *** to Dr James Andrews or force retirement. I am tired of this. Puddin'....smdh

Jimmy Smith ‏@JimmySmithtp
    @TheofficialEG10 says latest MRI might have indicated some undetermined damage to painful right knee. More to come.

Well there it is. Wouldn't rule out the year is almost like saying he is out for the year with the way we have handled his injuries. In my opinion.

Who is defending him now? Seriously.. How can anyone defend him at this point?

Jimmy Smith ‏@JimmySmithtp
    @TheofficialEG10 says latest MRI might have indicated some undetermined damage to painful right knee. More to come.
    This is where the Hornets need to call his bluff and threaten legal actions.

I'm laughing.

Geesh does he have a Willis Mcgahee injury?

Thread Information