Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

All-Star
    at this point I would rather see Dan Dickau in a hornets uniform over Eric Paperboy Gordon lol, I mean at least Dan gave the hornets effort unlike some people

Here ya go. Closest you'll ever get to that happening.

All-Star
    will this guy ever put on a Hornets jersey again? http://www.azcentral.com/i/C/0/5/PHP4EF7D6D92550C.jpg

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    He gets extra time because of how talented he is
    You could be Michael Jordan but if you don't play it doesn't matter. Giving him any more time is a mistake. Although as BSH points out: what team is going to take a $15 million year lemon off of your hands?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    The question is how long will the team go with the wait and see approach because we fans surely can't do anything about it. Of course we don't like it but what are we going to do about it?
    Rage about it on forums, of course!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    will this guy ever put on a Hornets jersey again? http://www.azcentral.com/i/C/0/5/PHP4EF7D6D92550C.jpg
    Maybe not but neither will Dickau.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Here ya go. Closest you'll ever get to that happening.

the Dan Dickau comment was just a joke lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    You could be Michael Jordan but if you don't play it doesn't matter. Giving him any more time is a mistake. Although as BSH points out: what team is going to take a $15 million year lemon off of your hands?

Rage about it on forums, of course!

All-Star
    I wonder what's more likely to happen, Santa Claus coming to your chimney or Eric Gordon playing 20 games for the hornets lol

Aonther question I have is if we can't dump him off on another team...how long do we have to wait to amnesty him? Because since him being soft as Charmin is obviously going to be a major problem it might be best to just chalk it up to a loss now, eat the contract, send him on his way and hope someone picks him up to lessen what we would have to pay out to him.

And the way I feel, yes..we see now that we shouldn't have matched but arent you glad we let the market set his price at 58mil instead of locking him into the max of 80mil like he wanted us to do in the first place. Remember his biggest complaint is that we didn't come at him with the super max deal as soon as we could. Instead letting the market set his minimum max value and matching that....which still leaves us with plenty of money this offseason to get a star or a few good pieces to add to the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    Aonther question I have is if we can't dump him off on another team...how long do we have to wait to amnesty him? Because since him being soft as Charmin is obviously going to be a major problem it might be best to just chalk it up to a loss now, eat the contract, send him on his way and hope someone picks him up to lessen what we would have to pay out to him.
    We can't amnesty him.

Quote Originally Posted by thechosenuno View Post
    We can't amnesty him.
    Well damn...lol. U mean this season or is there a time period we have to wait?

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Cant amnesty ever... only contracts that were signed before the new CBA of which the Hornets have exactly zero such contracts.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I don't think he meets the criteria to be amnestied....they (NBA) would have to change the "rules"....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie713 View Post
    Cant amnesty ever... only contracts that were signed before the new CBA of which the Hornets have exactly zero such contracts.
    Well that sucks

You could use stretch provision, which extends the salaries two times plus one year. Long story short, they can cut him using stretch and scatter the remaining 45 million over 7 years (6.4 per year).

Dead weight on the cap for the next seven years, but at a much smaller number.

man, just typing this as a possibility is so depressing. Gonna leave now and play some 2K13 with injuries off.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You could use stretch provision, which extends the salaries two times plus one year. Long story short, they can cut him using stretch and scatter the remaining 45 million over 7 years (6.4 per year).

Dead weight on the cap for the next seven years, but at a much smaller number.

man, just typing this as a possibility is so depressing. Gonna leave now and play some 2K13 with injuries off.

That makes it even more depressing IMO. LOL.

Eric Gordon wanted to come to PHX not because they're a good team but because of their training staff.

They have the best training staff in all of pro sports and Gordon wanted them to keep him healthy.(just ask guys like Nash, Hill, Shaq, Carter, O'Neal, A'mare)

Can anyone here actually blame him for that? For a guy wanting to stay healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Eric Gordon wanted to come to PHX not because they're a good team but because of their training staff.

They have the best training staff in all of pro sports and Gordon wanted them to keep him healthy.(just ask guys like Nash, Hill, Shaq, Carter, O'Neal, A'mare)

So, you think a player makes decisions, not based on money or potential to win games/championships, but because of a team's training staff? Am I getting this correct?

My good Lord....

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    So, you think a player makes decisions, not based on money or potential to win games/championships, but because of a team's training staff? Am I getting this correct?

My good Lord....
    Yea a player makes his decisions based on the chances of staying healthy and actually playing instead of sitting on the sideline wearing a suit.

Draft Pick

Are you taking a guess here or do you really somehow know this?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

I can't help but wonder if them being the only ones to offer them the max had anything to with it all......nah, training staff it is!

Yea a player makes his decisions based on the chances of staying healthy and actually playing instead of sitting on the sideline wearing a suit.
    So you think our training staff took a club to his knee, and that's why he is sitting out? The guy is injury prone. These things happen. Nobody knows the severity of it, and for all we know, he could be suiting up and playing in a week.

Injuries happen. No medical staff can sprinkle some magical fairy dust and make a player stay healthy. Monty said the staff did wonders for his knee, and Gordon is the only player injured on our team right now. JSmith got hurt, and he was ready to play last night. Rivers sprained the same ankle twice in one week, and he still played last night.

I would say our training staff is definitely not the problem here. Again, Gordon is an injury prone player, but he is still one of the best in the league at his position. Demps knew what he was signing up for, so hopefully it isn't as bad as people, who are purely speculating (by the way), are making it out to be.

And just as a side note, if Gordon tried to fake an injury in order to sit out a few games, or even a season, that is a breach of contract, and he would have all sorts of legal issues to deal with. That isn't even to mention the black mark he would have from every team in the league stating that they can't trust this player with a big contract. I can't imagine he is stupid enough to pull such a stunt. More than that, Gordon is a pure basketball player, and he loves to play the game. You can tell he has a true passion for the game, and those kinds of players won't sit out a full year pretending to have an injury. You guys all need to get your heads out of your you-know-whats, let go of the conspiracy theories, and just accept the fact that Gordon is an injury prone player, and we will likely have to deal with this for the next 3-4 years. It is what it is, but concocting all of this "he's faking" nonsense is just making everything worse.

You wouldn't happen to be chewing Skoal right now would you?

I do believe it's been debunked about Phoenix having a training staff so far ahead of others. I mean, the best treatment for most of these injuries is rest, and Gordon has gorged himself on that both with the Clippers and so far here too.

I think it was multiple reasons for Gordon wanting to play in Phoenix. They offered him the max unlike Demps which made him feel more wanted. Maybe the medical staff. Also, playing in a nice comfortable place. I really doubt the medical staff was the sole reason.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I think it was multiple reasons for Gordon wanting to play in Phoenix. They offered him the max unlike Demps which made him feel more wanted. Maybe the medical staff. Also, playing in a nice comfortable place. I really doubt the medical staff was the sole reason.
    His brother was playing for Arizona State and Phoenix was closer to where he was living when he was with the Clippers.

Thread Information