.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 206

Thread: Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

  1. #151
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Well i mean thats on the player i think. For example Kobe Bryant didn't HAVE to play a whole season with a torn ligament in his hand or on a bad foot but he does/did?

    Yeah. It's on the player. Monty said he wish he would've listened to people when they told him to sit out because it probably cost him 4 or 5 years of his career. Torn ligaments in hands are bad, but I don't think they're as bad as knees and backs. It's easier to play with a torn ligament in a hand than it is in a knee. The foot, that depends on the injury and player too I guess.

    I'm ready for the next game thread/game. Who's making it? CP3? j_bones?

  2. #152
    If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Enough is enough with this clown. People need to stop defending him.
    But...but....he said nice things about us!

  3. #153
    ...we get to go McDonalds
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,399
    I'm conflicted. I want to win and for that to happen, Eric Gordon needs to be on the floor. However, from everything that has been said, there are 3 potential situations going on right now

    1. He doesn't want to play here.

    2. His knee is legitimately injured.

    3. His injury is in his head.

    Not one of these situations is good for us. If I had to rank, I'd rather him just not want to be here. At least that way we get something in return.

    However, for us to have any chance this year, he needs to be on the floor. Which brings me to the following fantasy proposition that will NEVER happen, but should.... give the Phoenix training staff 343 billion dollars to move to New Orleans.

  4. #154
    Starter Ryno_33 NOLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster
    I mean, I would gladly sit on a bench and wave a towel for a 1% of what Gordon makes.
    On that note, did anyone actually SEE Gordon stand up and cheer at any stage?

  5. #155
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    On that note, did anyone actually SEE Gordon stand up and cheer at any stage?
    not sure but he definitely looked interested in the game. Especially towards the end.

  6. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    On that note, did anyone actually SEE Gordon stand up and cheer at any stage?
    That's not his personality but he looked like he was into the game from what I could tell.

  7. #157
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,304
    He does not hate the team stop that! Maybe hes whining maybe hes not but he wants his team to win. Yall are acting as if we traded for Adolf.

  8. #158
    Get well soon EJ! Can't wait to see you on the court! - said no one

  9. #159
    RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York (if I see one more effing Nets hat)
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    not sure but he definitely looked interested in the game. Especially towards the end.
    When we lost...... LMAO!!!

  10. #160
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    When we lost...... LMAO!!!
    Haha yeah kinda surspicious hmmm?

  11. #161
    Enjoys Waffles P Raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In The Building
    Posts
    1,394
    I'm already tired of hearing about Eric Gordon. And his knee.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

    @ThePraff

  12. #162
    You also said Austin River would be ROY. Win some, lose some.

  13. #163

    Re: Eric Gordon Press Conference???/Quotes from Gordon

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrios View Post
    Get well soon EJ! Can't wait to see you on the court! - said no one
    Um...I'd say that. Why wouldn't you say that?!

    Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #164
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Haha yeah kinda surspicious hmmm?
    more like when the team had a chance to win late in the game.

  15. #165
    I know that we all are frustrated (as we should be) but what does he gain by sitting out and faking an injury? He gets paid regardless, I understand that but if he really wants to be traded, how does faking an injury make him a tradable commodity? Also, if this is an act, he's killing his marketability and a very unwise decision. If anything, he should BOOC (ball out of control) and then request a trade. It would make him easier to move. I don't buy into "he's faking because he doesn't want to be here" theory. It's just not smart. Lastly, if anyone here has played competitive sports, you know that the last thing that you want to do is watch someone else play. Sitting on the bench is like torture. Is the pain unbearable? I don't know and it's not my call but I do believe that something is fishy about his knee. Sidebar: think about how awkward and uncomfortable It must for EG in the locker room. No one would purposely welcome that. IMO
    I'm somewhere listening to Organized Konfusion

  16. #166
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I know that we all are frustrated (as we should be) but what does he gain by sitting out and faking an injury? He gets paid regardless, I understand that but if he really wants to be traded, how does faking an injury make him a tradable commodity? Also, if this is an act, he's killing his marketability and a very unwise decision. If anything, he should BOOC (ball out of control) and then request a trade. It would make him easier to move. I don't buy into "he's faking because he doesn't want to be here" theory. It's just not smart. Lastly, if anyone here has played competitive sports, you know that the last thing that you want to do is watch someone else play. Sitting on the bench is like torture. Is the pain unbearable? I don't know and it's not my call but I do believe that something is fishy about his knee. Sidebar: think about how awkward and uncomfortable It must for EG in the locker room. No one would purposely welcome that. IMO

    Now, frame your thoughts on someone with a screw loose or two. Or maybe a child who refuses to eat dinner for 3 days straight because they want ice cream.

  17. #167
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    2,446
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I know that we all are frustrated (as we should be) but what does he gain by sitting out and faking an injury? He gets paid regardless, I understand that but if he really wants to be traded, how does faking an injury make him a tradable commodity? Also, if this is an act, he's killing his marketability and a very unwise decision. If anything, he should BOOC (ball out of control) and then request a trade. It would make him easier to move. I don't buy into "he's faking because he doesn't want to be here" theory. It's just not smart. Lastly, if anyone here has played competitive sports, you know that the last thing that you want to do is watch someone else play. Sitting on the bench is like torture. Is the pain unbearable? I don't know and it's not my call but I do believe that something is fishy about his knee. Sidebar: think about how awkward and uncomfortable It must for EG in the locker room. No one would purposely welcome that. IMO
    I totally agree with this and I don't think for a moment that he is faking an injury....nonetheless, we have 3 situations to look at involving this whole thing.....1.) the now: deal with the present as best we can when it comes to manning the 2 in his absence.... 2.) the future: he comes back at some point in time and plays like he is capable of playing.... 3.) the future: he comes back and still has injury issues or we run out of patience waiting for a healthy Gordon to return.... it is what it is and it will be what it will be....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  18. #168
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,483
    I'll go ahead and put myself firmly in the "not sure yet" column. It's hard for me to believe that Gordon wants out just because Snowlaw said it. Also, he can't be traded for a while and if you watch the interview.. He didn't say anything about wanting to be traded. And he certainly hasn't been shy about that in the past when he felt the need to leave. He's getting paid and it seemed like thats all he wanted.

    So really open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

  19. #169
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,459
    Eric Gordon: I only played nine games last year and I haven't played a game this year. I haven't played any preseason games. So it's been very frustrating watching the guys play and me not being a part of it. I know from the fans perspective, it's frustrating for them. But for a player, it's most frustrating for me and this organization. I wanted to put it out there. I know it's tough. But it's almost all on me. This is an injury I'm battling with. It's just a tough time right now for me, and I'm just going through it. "This is a great city and a great organization and I definitely want to be a part of it. But being a part of it, for me, is about playing. What's (keeping) me from playing is having this injury. I'll just go on from there." New Orleans Times-Picayune
    ..

  20. #170
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,511
    From what he said it looks like he thinks he has damage even though the Docs say otherwise. If he is hurting truly then it's a reason why he wanted to go to Phoenix other than just playing there. The thing about this though, it's hard for someone not to think this may not be power move or whatever.
    Last edited by wuggie; 11-01-2012 at 08:22 PM.

    "I want ONLY 9 eyebrows in the starting lineup for the Hornets next year." I typed this before the draft lottery

  21. #171
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    His attitude is irrelevant at this point. My question for the people still going with a wait and see approach is this: How much longer can this team afford to pay a guy who played eight games last year and might not play a game this year $15 million? Seriously, at what point do you conclude that taking up so much cap space on a guy who simply doesn't play a bad idea? And why on Earth does anyone think he's going to have some turnaround and start playing 70+ games on a consistent basis? I don't even care if they get nothing in exchange -- that money is better spent on players who, you know, actually contribute.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  22. #172
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    His attitude is irrelevant at this point. My question for the people still going with a wait and see approach is this: How much longer can this team afford to pay a guy who played eight games last year and might not play a game this year $15 million? Seriously, at what point do you conclude that taking up so much cap space on a guy who simply doesn't play a bad idea? And why on Earth does anyone think he's going to have some turnaround and start playing 70+ games on a consistent basis? I don't even care if they get nothing in exchange -- that money is better spent on players who, you know, actually contribute.
    He gets extra time because of how talented he is
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  23. #173
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,812
    You can deal with players that aren't the nicest of people. If Gordon was a brash, prone to dumb spontaneous things kinda guy like Rasheed Wallace or JaVale McGee, he'd be easier to deal with. But this? It's like having a weed head as your best player.

    *cough* Beasley *cough*
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  24. #174
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    The question is how long will the team go with the wait and see approach because we fans surely can't do anything about it. Of course we don't like it but what are we going to do about it?

  25. #175
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    His attitude is irrelevant at this point. My question for the people still going with a wait and see approach is this: How much longer can this team afford to pay a guy who played eight games last year and might not play a game this year $15 million? Seriously, at what point do you conclude that taking up so much cap space on a guy who simply doesn't play a bad idea? And why on Earth does anyone think he's going to have some turnaround and start playing 70+ games on a consistent basis? I don't even care if they get nothing in exchange -- that money is better spent on players who, you know, actually contribute.
    I'm not really sure who's going to take him off our hands. There was a point where no one would take Roy, who was much more accomplished at this point, off the Blazers hands after his slew of injuries for the salary he was making (Until he was amnestied and was able to be gotten off the Blazers' dime). I don't know who at this point would defend him with conviction, but we have to hope he comes back and plays enough so someone will take a risk on him. I'm not so sure it's people giving it a wait and see approach more than, we HAVE to wait and see with the guy because we're literally stuck with him until he proves it.
    #PELICANSFANMODOFTHE YEAR



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •