Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: For those of you who wanted to after a PG in FA.....

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And according to Bucks people in our TrueHoop Network, Jennings final counter to Bucks was 4 years and 39 million and they turned him down, want to keep options open. So this myth that he only wants to play in a small market is just that, a myth.

Once they start off season poorly, they will be looking to move him and I would do it if that was his asking price
    They turned down 4 yrs/39m?!

I would have taken that contract in a heartbeat if I was Milwaukee.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Just one thing I want people to keep in mind about Jennings is how much they "know"

Do you really know he has a bad attitude? Is there really evidence out there that he is large market or bust? Have you watched dozens of Bucks games over the past few years and read multiple unbiased articles or are we all going off of a generalization based on one or two things we heard somewhere or read in one article?

I remember his Italian coach praising him for being so mature for his age. I have read multiple articles in which he said he just wanted to win and the size of the market has nothing to do with it. And even if he is some of what the whispers say, is that a deal breaker? I have seen Stephen Jackson labeled as a terror in Charlotte, but become the ultimate team player in San Antonio. Guys dont want to play the right way on crappy teams that are going nowhere, but they get their act together when they could be a part of something great.

Just keep in mind that we hate when our players are painted with such a thin brush nationally (Jason Smith is a thug, for instance). Let's not do that with another guy- we are better than that.

When it comes to Jennings, what do you really "know"?
    Cosign EVERY WORD of this post....

Just one thing I want people to keep in mind about Jennings is how much they "know"

Do you really know he has a bad attitude? Is there really evidence out there that he is large market or bust? Have you watched dozens of Bucks games over the past few years and read multiple unbiased articles or are we all going off of a generalization based on one or two things we heard somewhere or read in one article?

I remember his Italian coach praising him for being so mature for his age. I have read multiple articles in which he said he just wanted to win and the size of the market has nothing to do with it. And even if he is some of what the whispers say, is that a deal breaker? I have seen Stephen Jackson labeled as a terror in Charlotte, but become the ultimate team player in San Antonio. Guys dont want to play the right way on crappy teams that are going nowhere, but they get their act together when they could be a part of something great.

Just keep in mind that we hate when our players are painted with such a thin brush nationally (Jason Smith is a thug, for instance). Let's not do that with another guy- we are better than that.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=7560912

This is where the large market hysteria came from.

A direct quote of his.

I hate to compare it to this, but it's in a much lesser degree. When I play ball and i have guys on my team and we're winning I wont complain about bad shots, ball hogging etc. I'll grind, play D, pass, and shoot when wide open. When My team is losing and people are doing stupid crap, thats when i get pissed and say something. I imagine it's much like this in the NBA, except i pay to play, and they get paid (a lot) to play lol.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=7560912

This is where the large market hysteria came from.

A direct quote of his.
    And i think that when that questioned was asked, it was right in the middle of all the stars teaming up in those markets. It was a total set up question, there was no reason to ask him in the first place, he had rest of that season and 2 years after that left to play before he was unrestricted.

He didn't come out and just say he wanted to play in a big market, the question was specific and he was asked about it.

Sorry, but when I hear quotes like this:

"When you start seeing other players like Dwight Howard or CP3, you start thinking'' and "It's just that I'm understanding the business of basketball now", it seems pretty clear that large-market teams were something that he was interested in joining and something he considered regardless of whether he was asked a direct question or not.

Just my two cents. Take it for what you will.

Regardless, I don't want him on our team anyways.

"When you start seeing other players like Dwight Howard or CP3, you start thinking'' and "It's just that I'm understanding the business of basketball now", it seems pretty clear that large-market teams were something that he was interested in joining and something he considered regardless of whether he was asked a direct question or not.

And THAT is what you "KNOW" right?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    And THAT is what you "KNOW" right?
    Hahaha, yup. I can say with complete certainty that I do not want him rocking a teal jersey.

See, I read that as: The players who effect winning go to larger markets, perhaps that is where I have to go in order to get a ring.

Either way, I don't think he is by any means a locker room cancer, nor is he a guy who will demand a trade, as evidenced by his willingness to re-sign w/ Milwaukee.

Now if people don't like his game, that I understand. The rest is just heresay IMO
    @mcnamara247

See, I read that as: The players who effect winning go to larger markets, perhaps that is where I have to go in order to get a ring.

Either way, I don't think he is by any means a locker room cancer, nor is he a guy who will demand a trade, as evidenced by his willingness to re-sign w/ Milwaukee.

Now if people don't like his game, that I understand. The rest is just heresay IMO
    Either way, Jennings would be expressing a preference for larger-market teams.

But as you pointed out, his willingness to resign with Milwaukee is encouraging for smaller-market teams looking to add him.

I wasn't aware of the contract negotiations that took place between Milwaukee and Jennings until you bought up the TrueHoop scoop.

I think it would just be more wise to go after Iggy or Jefferson and let Rivers develop for 1-2 more years.

Thread Information