Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who wanted to after a PG in FA.....

For those of you who wanted to after a PG in FA.....

All the good ones are basically gone now......

Jrue 4/46
    Lawson 4/48
    Curry 4/44

Jennings didn't reach an agreement with the Bucks. No surprise there.

Teague, Collison, and Maynor are some other notable restricted free agents.

Billups, Moe, Jack, Calderon, Harris, and Augustin will all be unrestricted.

Any point guard free agent mentioned above, or no mentioned, seem intriguing?

Personally, I think we should continue to focus on developing Rivers. Our money could be better served addressing our wing depth and possibly big man rotation.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

CP3

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Patrick Mills.. most underrated player in the league.. wasting talent on the spurs bench

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Patrick Mills.. most underrated player in the league.. wasting talent on the spurs bench
    He's got a player option.

While I agree he's extremely talented, underused, and underrated, I don't think he necessarily would be a great fit on our roster.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    CP3
    Lmao.....there is a reason I completely ommitted him from my list. It is way too unrealistic.

We can dream, I guess!
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 11-01-2012 at 12:12 AM.

I like Augustine on that list. young pg who will hit the 3 & his free throws
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

I wonder what the chances are that we make a big run at Jennings.

I'm not his biggest fan, but supposedly Demps likes him a lot.

Given the shrinked market for PGs, I suspect he'll demand quite a bit.

I hope he demands more than we're willing to pay.

Jennings will never want to play here, and every person in our fan base would hate him. He is incredibly delusional about his own abilities, and I believe is on the record saying a player of his talent shouldn't have to play on Milwuakee. No way Monty would want to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    Jennings will never want to play here, and every person in our fan base would hate him. He is incredibly delusional about his own abilities, and I believe is on the record saying a player of his talent shouldn't have to play on Milwuakee. No way Monty would want to sign him.
    His attitude stinks. I also know that he's more interested in playing for a bigger market team.

I won't be sulking if we pass on him.

He is clearly the most talented PG available in FA, though.

The question that remains is: Does his attitude offset his talent/on court production?

Supposedly his career arc closely resembles that of Tony Parker statistically speaking.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 11-01-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    His attitude stinks. I also know that he's more interested in playing for a bigger market team.

I won't be sulking if we pass on him.

He is clearly the most talented PG available in FA, though.

The question that remains is: Does his attitude offset his talent/on court production?
    When that player can shoot over 48% and help his team out of the lottery. Then I can see some talk about taking on a bad attitude.

When that player can shoot over 48% and help his team out of the lottery. Then I can see some talk about taking on a bad attitude.
    The argument can be made that his statistics/inefficient play is a reflection of playing on a lottery bound team though.

After all, Milwaukee has never had a legitimate secondary option for Jennings until they traded for Ellis.

(Bogut was always hurt/banged up).

Just playing devil's advocate.

god damn! wanted Jrue...CP3 then

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    god damn! wanted Jrue...CP3 then
    CP3 was your backup plan?

Not sure if serious.....

The argument can be made that his statistics/inefficient play is a reflection of playing on a lottery bound team though.

After all, Milwaukee has never had a legitimate secondary option for Jennings until they traded for Ellis.

(Bogut was always hurt/banged up).

Just playing devil's advocate.
    Bucks weren't too far removed from the playoffs when they had that playoff season. In 09 under Skiles. Jennings showed restraint and had a good pg, but he let his team play fall apart to ensure he can get his big contract when his time comes. We don't need another egotistical player who sends mixed signals about his happiness here. Why even worry about a scoring point, when Rivers will eventually develop into that?

Bucks weren't too far removed from the playoffs when they had that playoff season. In 09 under Skiles. Jennings showed restraint and had a good pg, but he let his team play fall apart to ensure he can get his big contract when his time comes. We don't need another egotistical player who sends mixed signals about his happiness here. Why even worry about a scoring point, when Rivers will eventually develop into that?

Agree completely.

Personally, I think we should continue to focus on developing Rivers. Our money could be better served addressing our wing depth and possibly big man rotation.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Jeff Teague would be interesting if we're focused on upgrading SF more than anything else. Teague/Vasquez would be serviceable considering the PGs of past champions. I think Teague would play well with our players, but I don't think Atlanta lets him go unless we overpay him (which I wouldn't advise).

I have a feeling that Dell might use our cap space in a different manner than just signing free agents. With the new tax penalties, some teams might give up an asset such as a pick or prospect just to take on a bad contract. That's how OKC got Ibaka. They took on Kurt Thomas and in return got a pick the next year, which turned into Ibaka.

[/B]

Agree completely.
    After watching tonight, I see no reason why Rivers can't become a player comparable to Tony Parker, they practically look the same out there. That connection never hit me before.

My guard of choice is Mike Conley. Sucks Memphis was smart and realized him to be such an underrated player, because if he would have been let loose this FA period, he would be my main target at PG.

After watching tonight, I see no reason why Rivers can't become a player comparable to Tony Parker, they practically look the same out there. That connection never hit me before.

My guard of choice is Mike Conley. Sucks Memphis was smart and realized him to be such an underrated player, because if he would have been let loose this FA period, he would be my main target at PG.
    It's funny because both Dell and Monty kept throwing out Tony Parker as a good comparison. Hopefully, Rivers will be able to hit the 3 with more regularity that Parker though...

Monty has compared Rivers to Parker before. Rivers is going to have to develop that deadly floater that Parker has. That shot is pretty much unstoppable for Parker. I'm still disappointed that Rivers is still keeping his head down when he drives to the basket. He needs to get his head up earlier so he can get a good look at the basket. When he keeps his head down, he doesn't have good vision of the basket to make the shot, aware of the number of defenders waiting for him, and his #1 priority is usually seeking contact. He's asking for an injury playing that way.

Look at Parker in this video, you notice that he always keeps his head up and is aware of his surroundings. He's never seeking contact and is always looking to avoid it. He uses his deadly floater and has great range on it from 10ft in. Rivers desperately needs this shot in his repertoire. Hopefully, he'll develop a reliable shot as he can get into the paint at a very good rate.

At 31 years old and about 12 years in the league playing the position, I'd say he'd BETTER NOT have his head down. Rivers has a lot to learn.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I'm almost to the point where I feel this thread might be about the wrong guard position....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

That sounds like a quote, where did you get it? I think it all depends on Eric Gordon, if we move him, i think we make a run hard at Jennings and with the talent we're putting together and the lack of teams that could pay him anything at all or has a need for a PG could make it an easy sell.

Austin Rivers ends up starting at his natural SG position.
    Last edited by NemesisKING; 11-01-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    It's funny because both Dell and Monty kept throwing out Tony Parker as a good comparison. Hopefully, Rivers will be able to hit the 3 with more regularity that Parker though...
    Let's worry about any jump shot first.

Just one thing I want people to keep in mind about Jennings is how much they "know"

Do you really know he has a bad attitude? Is there really evidence out there that he is large market or bust? Have you watched dozens of Bucks games over the past few years and read multiple unbiased articles or are we all going off of a generalization based on one or two things we heard somewhere or read in one article?

I remember his Italian coach praising him for being so mature for his age. I have read multiple articles in which he said he just wanted to win and the size of the market has nothing to do with it. And even if he is some of what the whispers say, is that a deal breaker? I have seen Stephen Jackson labeled as a terror in Charlotte, but become the ultimate team player in San Antonio. Guys dont want to play the right way on crappy teams that are going nowhere, but they get their act together when they could be a part of something great.

Just keep in mind that we hate when our players are painted with such a thin brush nationally (Jason Smith is a thug, for instance). Let's not do that with another guy- we are better than that.

When it comes to Jennings, what do you really "know"?
    @mcnamara247

And according to Bucks people in our TrueHoop Network, Jennings final counter to Bucks was 4 years and 39 million and they turned him down, want to keep options open. So this myth that he only wants to play in a small market is just that, a myth.

Once they start off season poorly, they will be looking to move him and I would do it if that was his asking price

Thread Information