Pelicans Report

Thread: Hollinger on Eric Gordon Situation

Hollinger on Eric Gordon Situation

Ryan (Houston)

This Eric Gordon situation stinks big time. Seems like he is refusing to play. Seems after all the good moves Dell Demps has made, this one is blowing up because he invested in a quitter

John Hollinger
    (12:12 PM)

Something isn't right there, that's for sure; it's extremely rare for a coach to basically say out loud that the doctors think the guy is OK but he still won't play, and Monty Williams isn't exactly Mr. Throw Em Under the Bus. But Gordon needs to realize he has absolutely zero leverage here.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/45921

When is Gordon supposed to address the media?

I hope someone puts him on the spot.

What the hell is going on? Being injured is one thing, but not playing after getting 58 mil?
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Just one other thing to keep in mind. Every Clippers writer told us at the time of the CP3 trade that Gordon was not a fan of all the spotlight Blake Griffin took off of him. He wanted Clippers to be "his team" more than he wanted to win and be 2nd/3rd fiddle

Now look around- AD is the present and the future. Notice that Gordon visited two teams- Houston and Phoenix; two teams where he would have been the star on a bad team.

Just something to keep in mind
    @mcnamara247

Anyone know if we can suspend him or fine him for this? Or are we forced to sit back and let him do nothing until he says hes okay while he makes 13 million.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If this is true, then he's thoroughly ****ed in the head. Ship his selfish *** to Lithuania. He'll be the best player there.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Just one other thing to keep in mind. Every Clippers writer told us at the time of the CP3 trade that Gordon was not a fan of all the spotlight Blake Griffin took off of him. He wanted Clippers to be "his team" more than he wanted to win and be 2nd/3rd fiddle

Now look around- AD is the present and the future. Notice that Gordon visited two teams- Houston and Phoenix; two teams where he would have been the star on a bad team.

He could be the leader and the future if he actually played. The dude is a monster when he actually steps onto the court. He would be second fiddle like Wade is second fiddle.

Gordon, Warrick, Henry, Thomas for Bargnani, Calderon???

I didnt check to see if that works salary wise, but I would do it if possible. I doubt Toronto would though.

I get that, but you can't be the star from the bench. I think even Gordon isn't dull enough to get that wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Dell Demps git err done!!!

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Demps and Williams have gone out of their way to proclaim him the star/leader of the team. Any player who thinks he is a star but is intimidated by a rookie is someone with very little confidence in himself.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Demps and Williams have gone out of their way to proclaim him the star/leader of the team. Any player who thinks he is a star but is intimidated by a rookie is someone with very little confidence in himself.
    Amen. This dude has serious abandonment issues. I don't think he's gotten over LA trading him to a small-market rebuilding team.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

If Gordon didn't want to be here then why not just sign the 1 year deal?

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    If Gordon didn't want to be here then why not just sign the 1 year deal?
    Well the theory is he wanted his money also. So he wanted to get paid and us not match.

My opinion is that he is either:
    A: Soft and a wimp
    B: Really injured and doctors haven't fixed him

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Well the theory is he wanted his money also. So he wanted to get paid and us not match.

My opinion is that he is either:
    A: Soft and a wimp
    B: Really injured and doctors haven't fixed him
    Combination of both. Our doctors suck, and Gordon is a paper mache. lol

Thread Information