Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: NO game on MY tv

Draft Pick
    It's definitely a technical issue. People in MS & AL are in FS South territory and FS New Orleans is an alternate of FS Southwest. So if we don't have access to FSSW we can't get access to FSNO, but adding the Sports Pack grants us access to FSSW therefor opening up the FSNO in the Hornets territory. Directv needs to modify the zip codes accordingly to allow MS/AL access to FSSW.

I must say that DirecTV customer service has been a pleasure dealing with. It is very refreshing to deal with a company that has not outsourced its customer service to save a buck.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by bdot79 View Post
    It's definitely a technical issue. People in MS & AL are in FS South territory and FS New Orleans is an alternate of FS Southwest. So if we don't have access to FSSW we can't get access to FSNO, but adding the Sports Pack grants us access to FSSW therefor opening up the FSNO in the Hornets territory. Directv needs to modify the zip codes accordingly to allow MS/AL access to FSSW.

I must say that DirecTV customer service has been a pleasure dealing with. It is very refreshing to deal with a company that has not outsourced its customer service to save a buck.
    On the suggestion from this board, I ordered the Sports Pack last night with directv through their automated system. I did pick up the channel for the first time. I then sent an email to Directv notifying them that I did get to see the channel since we have had a lengthy "back and forth" regarding this issue. To reiterate, I live in Saucier, MS (just north of Gulfport on the MS Gulf Coast). In the email, I stated that the last representative said that Directv didn't even offer the channel. Immediately, I got a call from directv wanting to get information.

The guy that called basically said one of two things are happening.
    1.) In the extended markets, sometimes negotiations stall and outlying areas within a market do not receive the games. He did say this is a rare occurence but possible.
    2.) The zip codes are simply not mapped correctly. This has happened before so hopefully this is the issue.
    They are crediting me 6 months of the Sports Pack free to cover the time that the issue is resolved. I would advise anybody who thinks they are in the market to take this route.

Dudes, this is awesome.

I hope this works for everyone.

If it does, pat yourselves on the backs.

Big Blue Nation to NOLA UKbluein850's Avatar
    Just an FYI so that my 2 cents is in. I have Cox Comm in Pensacola, FL (32504 zip). I have gotten maybe 2 games all year that were on FSNO. It was broadcasted on my FSFL (SunSports) channel. I check my guide and the actual broadcasts every game. I tune in to FSFL, NBAtv and even check ESPN just in case.
    Frustrating because I have CST and got every game when they were broadcasted there. So my FSN feed is to the Magic (about 7 hrs away) instead of Hornets (3 hrs away). Any suggestions?
    You can take a man outta Kentucky...but you can't take the Kentucky outta a man!

FSNO IS LIVE IN TUSCALOOSA!!!!

All interesting.

It sounds like things are getting resolved, or people are sorting out what to do on their end.

As far as broadcasts in FL, I think the game moving around is something that might happen, and you may just be getting coverage when it doesn't conflict with another game. Not sure.

Thread Information