Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NO game on MY tv

Did you look at sportsouth or an alternate for it?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Did you look at sportsouth or an alternate for it?
    yep. no luck

Nothing back from FS yet.

It does seem like the only issues are with DirecTV on the coast. At least those viewers are no worse off.

Others?

Draft Pick
    No game for me either. I am being blacked out of all RSN channel NBA games (Hornets, Hawks, etc.) The only NBA games I can view are the national broadcast (TNT, ESPN & non Hornet games on NBA TV).

Ah, so not just Hornets. Good to know.

More data.

DirecTV having issues... guess it wasn't all Shinn or CST.

DISH Channel - Thunder at Hornets on Friday night: 412-35 and 412-37 are both listed in my online DVR guide (empty Alt channel in between). Listed as FOXSW Alt in both cases(channel info button). Each channel number is for both hi-def and low-def. For earlier Hornets games the low-def and hi-def channels were different numbers. The actual game will likely be on only one of these and won't know until -gametime. Makes it guess-work to record unless I record both since I will be at the game. I have not seen any reference to FOXNO in my DISH guide so far. Hopefully the FOXNO channel will eventually stabilize and there will be additional local programming on it. Pregame and postgame shows haven't been very impressive.

Draft Pick
    11/17/ NO vs OKC: called Directv because again I could not get the channel.

The representative that I spoke with tried really hard and eventually went up the chain with it. The response coming back was that Directv does not currently carry that channel. So, then I responded with "so nobody with Directv can view this channel?". And she said yes. So, is anyone watching ch. 678 on directv? Maybe they are not carrying the channel on the outer reaches of the market? I don't know. I'm think I'm done with Directv.

I think that is the wrong question, but it seems like there is some issue with DirecTV in outlying areas.

All-Star Contributor biloxi-hornet's Avatar
    The Gulfport/Biloxi DirecTv issue is crazy! I have DirecTv in Biloxi, I get the games. My sister and brother-in-law's house 5 miles west of me (they have DirecTV) get the games. Hornets games were blacked out in this area on League Pass with DTV (because no CST). This is one messed up situation! DirecTv's csr's suck! I once (no kidding) had a csr tell me I knew more about them about a tech issue! In fact I figured out the problem for them!
    Last edited by biloxi-hornet; 11-17-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Good info. So it seems like the games are on in parts of the market, not others.

It's an outlying area thing for DirecTV, but seemingly not for others like Dish.

Any more counter-examples to this?

In any case, it seems to basically be an increase in coverage from the old deal to the new.

If this bears out, we'll see what sort of things are going on that we can get involved with to give the concerns maximum voice.

NO game on MY tv

Basically it sounds like move to Dish

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    we are in ascension parish, zip code 70769. We are considering moving to directv. Does anyone know if we'll be ok or have issues catching hornets games?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by biloxi-hornet View Post
    The Gulfport/Biloxi DirecTv issue is crazy! I have DirecTv in Biloxi, I get the games. My sister and brother-in-law's house 5 miles west of me (they have DirecTV) get the games. Hornets games were blacked out in this area on League Pass with DTV (because no CST). This is one messed up situation! DirecTv's csr's suck! I once (no kidding) had a csr tell me I knew more about them about a tech issue! In fact I figured out the problem for them!
    Are you saying you are viewing the games on Directv ch 678 in Biloxi/Gulfport. If so how long have they been on? What DTV package do you have & do you have the sports package that includes all the RSN channels (FS Southwest, etc.). I am in Diamondhead on the choice Xtra (no sports pack) & I have been blacked out of all the games except the ESPN game.

YES, we get the games on 678, since the Spurs game! I DO have the sports package. My Sister DOES NOT and gets the games! This is messed up!

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    You guys gotta ditch those satellite dishes -- what is this, the 80's?
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

DISH channels in Slidell for Hornets at Bucks: 412-30 (41230) or 412-35 (41235). Should be on one of these channels.

Still "not subscribed" on 678 on my direct tv in gulf shores. I'm done looking . It's a joke. Not following the nba this season. Was so expected about this channel but now I'm highly turned off

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    we are in ascension parish, zip code 70769. We are considering moving to directv. Does anyone know if we'll be ok or have issues catching hornets games?
    I have heard no reports of issues there. I have not spoken to someone there specifically, but other people have been commenting on their inability.

YES, we get the games on 678, since the Spurs game! I DO have the sports package. My Sister DOES NOT and gets the games! This is messed up!
    So are you in town? like south of I-10?

Quote Originally Posted by JBconway View Post
    Still "not subscribed" on 678 on my direct tv in gulf shores. I'm done looking . It's a joke. Not following the nba this season. Was so expected about this channel but now I'm highly turned off
    As far as I can tell, you should not be subscribed to 678. You should get the games through another means, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    So are you in town? like south of I-10?
    This is VERY wrong on my part! My sister and brother in law have DirecTV and they do not have the sports pack and they get FSNOLA. YES, we live south of I-10!

I was at someone's house in New Orleans with DirecTV, and it said not subscribed on the screen. Yet, I know they get the games. So, Biloxi Hornet, did you check during the game? This isn't clear.

Draft Pick
    This is VERY wrong on my part! My sister and brother in law have DirecTV and they do not have the sports pack and they get FSNOLA. YES, we live south of I-10!
    Does your sister get Fox Sports Southwest channel 676 even when there is no game on? I am assuming that you get 676 since you have the sports pack.

Draft Pick
    Directv people in MS and AL I have found a fix so that you can watch the Hornets games on ch 678 by adding the Sports Pack. It appears that once you get access to 676 it will open up 678. You must call directv during a game and tell them that you are not receiving ch 676 Fox Sports Southwest and 678 for the Hornets. Have them add the Sports Pack and tell them this fixed the issue even though you will probably be told this shouldn't work but it does. I was offered the sports pack free for two months while they work out the problem. They also encorage everyone having this issue to call and have this escalated to the enginners.

Good work.

So it's a customer service issue and the reps don't have full knowledge.

Let us know if this works for the rest of you.

Thread Information