Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NO game on MY tv

NO game on MY tv

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Did he actually put the channel on? Or did he just go by what his guide said?
    That's what I'm thinking. The guide wasn't updated so he didn't check it.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I was able to watch the game again tonight on Dish Network on a Sports Alternate channel, but I still don't have Fox Sports New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Said he checked it
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

This link has some channel info, Dish included:

http://www.hornets247.com/2012/10/30...rter-and-more/

For those with Dish who don't think they have `the channel', think again. It's not a `the channel'. It's a collection of feeds, and different distributors handle that differently. Some have all the feeds seemlessly going to one `spot' (say, 38). Others keep them separated.

For those having issues, let me try to help here. Consolidate your issues into one post each. Include your provider, zip code, and what your issue is (not what you think it is).

Example, Cox, 70001. I go to channel 38 and don't see the game.

Non-example: I have LUS and I get the games but not FSNO.

I'll see what I can do to either advise or call these people on your behalf and tear them a new one.

Draft Pick
    DirectTv, 39574, (Saucier, MS): go to channel 678 FSNO and do not see the game

Side note: opening night - received the Dallas game on FSSW; friday night - received the OKC game on FSOK.
    Last edited by nughead; 11-03-2012 at 09:10 AM.

This seems to be a DirecTV issue over there. I'll be informing a few people about this and more.

Thanks.

Others?

Well I am a League Pass subscriber and it was on last night. It is finally so nice to watch a Hornets game and not have to listen to the other teams announcer. Now that the Hornets have a tv deal.

Direct tv . Opening nigjt the game was blacked out on nba tv. Also the 678 and 679-1 listed as Fox NO said I was not subscribed . I got all nba games on all the fox channels since Nba league pass is free right now. Just no hornets games anywhere on both games

Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35401. Comcast. Searched the guide multiple times for FSNO and it didn't show, even went channel by channel through all of the FS networks. To top things off, my roomate is a bandwagon celtics fan and ordered league pass.Told him i would pay for half if FSNO wasn't available.. Both TV and broadband has every Hornets game blackedout. REALLY UPSET

Tuscaloosa may not be in the target area. You may get soem games on other FS things on an ad hoc basis. I'll ask, but I think it's a Gulf Coast + Louisiana focus.

I have Dish and live in Slidell. I go to "menu" and search for "hornets". The channels numbers are different for the various upcoming Hornets games. Hornets are on my "Regional Sports Networks, 84 channels" - ch 412. Tonights game against the Bulls is on 412-36 and the games seem to vary between 412-35 to 412-38 so far. These are all Sports Alternate channels. They only go live at game time. I also still get FOXSW and that is also on the same tier at 412-06. Nothing is labeled as FOXNO. The hi-def coverage for last nights game was great!
    I can also just key in 41236 and go directly to the channel. Not an easy channel to find by accident.

Sounds like they really should have done the soft launch even if they couldn't show pre-season games. Having to search for various channels every night sounds crappy. Imagine the older, not so techy fans having to do this.

One dedicated channel Fox. Get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Tuscaloosa may not be in the target area. You may get soem games on other FS things on an ad hoc basis. I'll ask, but I think it's a Gulf Coast + Louisiana focus.
    I see now it says "parts of Alabama". Still don't get why league pass is blacked out

Pregame is "not subscribed" on direct tv 678&678-1 Fox NO right now. Guess
    I'm not following the hornets this season

Draft Pick
    Directv 39525 Diamondhead, MS. Channel not subscribed for 678, 677, & 676.
    I will be calling Directv again tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Sounds like they really should have done the soft launch even if they couldn't show pre-season games. Having to search for various channels every night sounds crappy. Imagine the older, not so techy fans having to do this.

One dedicated channel Fox. Get it together.
    They did what they called a soft launch. They didn't do what you think a soft launch was.

It's the distributors choice of how to depoy the signals, but there is a gross misconception about about FS RSN's work. They all share programming, and many are assuming FSSW just turns into FSNO for a little while and turns back. Rather, FSNO is broadcasting their feed, or FS Soccer for those who left the TV going after the Jazz game and postgame.

Some distributors just keep all the feeds separate, so the `logos' make sense, but the business model involves porting over content.

The fanbase must adapt, as it is this exact mechanism that will allow Hornets games across much of the South on some occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by geauxbama View Post
    I see now it says "parts of Alabama". Still don't get why league pass is blacked out
    I don't get that either. You aren't 75 miles from an NBA home city, for sure.

We'll, in Muscle Shoals they have the Stompers . . . do they count?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I have charter in slidell, and the channel has still not changed channel names or guide information, but all the games are on it. It's on the FSH (houston?) channel on the guide. But whenever you tune to it, it appears it is a 24/7 FSNO as the logo on the top right is always showing Fox New Orleans. Or at least everytime I've flipped to it, even when it was showing some replay of soccer from the fox soccer channel over the weekend. I.e. checking more than when just Hornets are playing.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    I don't get that either. You aren't 75 miles from an NBA home city, for sure.

We'll, in Muscle Shoals they have the Stompers . . . do they count?
    42, I live in Tuscaloosa as well, and have noticed the same problem. I have bought league pass, and now its blacked out, but we don't even get the games here. Do you have any idea who we could contact to find out about this? At worst, do you think the NBA would refund me?

EDIT:

Well according to this, the NBA has decided that Birmingham/Tuscaloosa is a home market for ALL 3 of Hornets, Hawks, and Grizzles. So we are blacked out for all 3, unless they decide to carry them on the RSN.

http://www.tsq.com/alerts%5CNBA%20Le...012%202013.pdf
    Last edited by pjk481; 11-05-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    One interesting tidbit about Eatel, it looks like we switched to Fox Sport South. Our channel is now called FSS7 and when it's not on FSNO the label in the top right corner says Fox Sports South.. If the Braves are on FSS that would be logical since the Astros and any content we care about here are no longer on Fox Sports South West.

In response to the most common questions. If you question is still unaddressed, repeat it below.

If you don't believe me, give me the number of the Fox Sports New Orleans executive you talked to or tell me which game you couldn't find / get once you miss it.

Mississippi: Hornets games will be on Fox Sports South or SportSouth, depending. They will pick up the FSNO feed, so you will see FSNO logo, broadcasters, etc. After the game, you'll see your regular channel. FSNO people will see FSSW for the time being. This content sharing is part of what makes the FSNO deal so appealing. Just keep in mind that you don't have to get FSNO to get some of the content, particularly Hornets games. Here are the markets that make up "Mississippi" for the purposes of this conversation: Biloxi+Gulfport, Jackson, Meridian, Hattiesburg, Mobile.

Dish: Dish will carry every Hornets game that FSNO covers in the Hornets territory. They will be carried in their `alternate channels', usually around 450. Wednesday's game is on ESPN, but Friday's game is on 450, per http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/ and likely your channel guide. The games will be on different channels each time, potentially, but they will all be on. You will see the FSNO broadcast, etc. This does NOT expire when the NBA League Pass Trial expires for those in the Hornets market per the terms of this deal.

Those not in the markets, your best option is NBA League Pass. Contact your provider for details.

If you are in the market and don't know how to find games, let us know or contact your provider. If your providers doesn't carry the games, complain, then inquire about changing providers.

This is per a FSNO executive. I'm just reporting back the answers from your questions.

Thanks for asking on behalf of everyone who this information is helping.

NO game on MY tv

Is Mobile the only Alabama city in the Hornets market?

The question was about Mississippi... no idea.

Al people, check those othe Fox affiliated RSN's and let us know what you see Friday and veyond.

NO game on MY tv

The question was about Mississippi... no idea.

Al people, check those othe Fox affiliated RSN's and let us know what you see Friday and veyond.
    You mentioned Mobile

He did.

That's why I had "Mississippi" in the response.

I'll catch panhandle and the rest of AL next time. We have at least some of East Texas, over I-20 to Meridian, then... we'll see.

Thread Information