Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NO game on MY tv

I have Dish in Slidell 70461 area and the game on Friday vs Bobcats is scheduled on the "Sports Alt" channels: 412-38 (or 41238) and 412-39 (41239) which are the low def and the high def feeds, respectively.

My 450 was based on my zip.

When I pop in your zip, I get the same answer from the gamefinder:

Fri 11/9 7:30 PM Bobcats at Hornets X ALT 450 - AT120+

That last bit is the subscription required.

Do you get the same thing?

http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/

The Dish feed in 70461 area code for Saturday's Bull's game was on 412-36 (41236). I do a search from the menu function on my dish hopper for "hornets" and it gives me the dish channels for the upcoming games. Also shows correctly tomorrows 76ers game on ESPN ch 140. These channels have been correct so far and the hi def has been good. Again, they only go to a live feed during the Hornets broadcast.

I get the same 450 channel as you do from the www.mydish.com/gamefinder. However that channel does not exist on my "all channels" for dish. 455 is the first PPV Sports channels. The gamefinder info for hornets in my zip code is totally erroneous. AT120 means Americas Top 120 Dish package - this includes espn and the regional sports networks. Gamefinder did give the correct channel 140 for espn for Wednesday game though.

450 may mean "we don't know." Let's keep an eye on it.

Counting you, brah.

I will try to remember to post the Dish channels for upcoming games.

Draft Pick

Tech

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    In response to the most common questions. If you question is still unaddressed, repeat it below.

If you don't believe me, give me the number of the Fox Sports New Orleans executive you talked to or tell me which game you couldn't find / get once you miss it.

Mississippi: Hornets games will be on Fox Sports South or SportSouth, depending. They will pick up the FSNO feed, so you will see FSNO logo, broadcasters, etc. After the game, you'll see your regular channel. FSNO people will see FSSW for the time being. This content sharing is part of what makes the FSNO deal so appealing. Just keep in mind that you don't have to get FSNO to get some of the content, particularly Hornets games. Here are the markets that make up "Mississippi" for the purposes of this conversation: Biloxi+Gulfport, Jackson, Meridian, Hattiesburg, Mobile.

Dish: Dish will carry every Hornets game that FSNO covers in the Hornets territory. They will be carried in their `alternate channels', usually around 450. Wednesday's game is on ESPN, but Friday's game is on 450, per http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/ and likely your channel guide. The games will be on different channels each time, potentially, but they will all be on. You will see the FSNO broadcast, etc. This does NOT expire when the NBA League Pass Trial expires for those in the Hornets market per the terms of this deal.

Those not in the markets, your best option is NBA League Pass. Contact your provider for details.

If you are in the market and don't know how to find games, let us know or contact your provider. If your providers doesn't carry the games, complain, then inquire about changing providers.

This is per a FSNO executive. I'm just reporting back the answers from your questions.

Thanks for asking on behalf of everyone who this information is helping.

Just to clarify, for MS with DirectTv, even though there is a FSNO (ch. 678), the Hornets games will come on 646 (Fox Sports South) or 649 (SportsSouth) or any alternate feed off of those?. Has this been happening all along and I've just been checking the wrong channel?

Thanks in advance.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by nughead View Post

Just to clarify, for MS with DirectTv, even though there is a FSNO (ch. 678), the Hornets games will come on 646 (Fox Sports South) or 649 (SportsSouth) or any alternate feed off of those?. Has this been happening all along and I've just been checking the wrong channel?

Thanks in advance.
    Same for me: Directv 39525 Diamondhead, MS. Might be new b/c I checked all the 600's and 700's and no Hornets game. Not sure the specifics but I believe the Hawks, Grizzs, and Bobcats have been on 646 and 649. But there are plenty of alt channels to accommodate the Hornets. Thanks for all the info 42.

Hall of Famer Contributor Hopeful Hugo's Avatar
    In Diamondhead we have ALT Sports South on channel 61 for cable one. The Bulls game was shown on the menu, but they showed the Fox SSW game Dallas vs Charlotte. Not sure whats up??? Its a shame that we cant watch a game and we live 50 miles to the arena.
    Geaux Pells!

Quote Originally Posted by nughead View Post

Thanks in advance.
    For DirecTV, the Hornets/Bobcats game is listed for SportsSouth+ ch 650 (SD) and 650-1 (HD)

I did not see it on any of the Fox South alternates and I'm not sure this is the Fox NOLA feed.

I have Cox and today is the first day my guide actually says 'FSNNO'. From the beginning of the season until yesterday it said FSS7.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by say-what View Post
    For DirecTV, the Hornets/Bobcats game is listed for SportsSouth+ ch 650 (SD) and 650-1 (HD)

I did not see it on any of the Fox South alternates and I'm not sure this is the Fox NOLA feed.
    This is the channel the Bobcat games have been on so this would be the Bobcat feed.

I'm fully expecting the game on espn to be blacked out in gulf shores. If so, I'm done with the nba

Quote Originally Posted by JBconway View Post
    I'm fully expecting the game on espn to be blacked out in gulf shores. If so, I'm done with the nba
    Is it?

MS folks: Check out what say-what says, then check every channel during the game and check multiple times (in case it's in commercial). I can't tell you what will happen. I can tell you what the FSNO guys say is supposed to happen. If you tell me quite clearly that it doesn't happen and the pertinant info, then I can tell them. They will care since they want to be able to show ads to you guys.

So, check, do research, report, and remain calm.

And you HAVE to quit thinking of "this is not the right station since it's only part-time this" or "that's the other team's station" that. FS RSN's share content. You have to GET OVER the little logo differences. Ignore the guides that are controlled by distributors that really don't care about you. Just find the content.

It was not blacked out on espn. Lets hope the next game shows up in my foxNO

You may want to

Read this thread

Do some searches for Hornets on your guide at the right time that day

Check Fox Sports South and SportSouth to see if they are picking up the FSNO content

DISH
    Hornets are listed in my guide for Friday's Hornets vs Bobcats on 412-38 (41238) or 412-39 (41239). The game will be on one of these channels but likely not both.

42: Perhaps you can start a game day thread that will list the various provider channels for the game.

I'll sort something out.

In the end, I'm not about checking people's guides for them. This reporting.you're doing is great, and the gamefinder shows me what you see now. It adds that exactly one channel is blacked out, exactly one is not.

This should help people find their game day of.

Draft Pick
    I got the game on ESPN last night on Directv in MS. We'll see if this FSNO, FSS, SportsSouth thing gets worked out for Friday's game.

42- I created this thread and have read every post. The games have not been on any of my description tv channels. I've checked every game . That's my issue

Trusting the guide? Or watching each channel during game time through a set of commercials?

Sounds like you are relying on the guide.

I turned it to each fox station

Then when it doesn't show up, list the stations here.

I'll send a communication that night.

ETA: I need your zip, too. Don't forget SportSouth.
    Last edited by 42; 11-08-2012 at 09:36 PM.

There may be something else at work here with DirecTV. From reading the following threads on a satellite discussion board, it seems like DirecTV is opting not to pay full freight for the NBA broadcasts of teams in outlying areas of certain team's broad television market. For example, some folks in Iowa, which is in the Timberwolves footprint are no longer getting the games even though they have the channel.

It's a complex issue and reading through these threads may confuse more than help. But at the core, it seems as if DirecTV is making a financial decision to negotiate a cheaper price for some of these RSN's by blacking out pro sports content for outlying areas.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=210222

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.ph...09#post3127809

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=209807

I don't know for a fact that is what is happening here with the Alabama fans (especially if they don't have DirecTV), but I found it very similar to some of the complaints mentioned in this thread and worth bringing to the table.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Draft Pick
    vs Bobcats: Once again, 678 (FSNO) says "Not subscribed" on Directv (Saucier, MS 39574)

Fox Sports South and SportsSouth are not showing the game either.

Thread Information