Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NO game on MY tv

NO game on MY tv

Quote Originally Posted by JBconway View Post
    Hawks
    Damn. They must have the contract in your area. Its not right.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

NO game on MY tv

Quote Originally Posted by JBconway View Post
    I have direct tv
    Did you check 678?

Big Blue Nation to NOLA UKbluein850's Avatar
    I am in Pensacola. Have Cox Comm. had the game wednesday on channel that is FS FL (sun sports). I dont have todays game. No idea why. Now i am stuck w/ some Southern Methodist college soccer game. I dont get it. I am relying on NBA LP free preview to watch. NBAtv blacked out. Wish I had more clarity on the situation. At least I had CST when it was broadcast on that. Low quality but better than nothing. I understand it is better that Hornets games are now available to New Orleans, and this is better, but judging by the crowd tonight, the interest is still not there. Sad.
    You can take a man outta Kentucky...but you can't take the Kentucky outta a man!

DishTV has it on 447 tonight...440 last Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Did you check 678?
    Yep

NO game on MY tv

I feel bad for you guys not getting the games. Not fair. Hopefully it's get figured out soon. Looks like phone calls or emails will have to be made. Any answers 42?

Quote Originally Posted by UKbluein850 View Post
    I understand it is better that Hornets games are now available to New Orleans, and this is better, but judging by the crowd tonight, the interest is still not there. Sad.
    Wednesday night Halloween...Friday night High School football. It is what it is. Heck, it hasn't been a good week for me either. Next Wednesday should be good barameter.

Got my hopes up when there were press release talking about coverage all the way to near panama city (west of me) and especially when I got the game on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tip-Off View Post
    Wednesday night Halloween...Friday night High School football. It is what it is. Heck, it hasn't been a good week for me either. Next Wednesday should be good barameter.
    1.1 million in New Orleans metro. 2nd game of the season after getting the #1 pick. Friday night, great arena. Shouldnt have to beg for 17,000 people.

High School football should not be an excuse for poor NBA attendance, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet603 View Post
    High School football should not be an excuse for poor NBA attendance, imho.
    I agree, but it happens

It would be one thing if it was game #40, but it is the 2nd game...

Quote Originally Posted by UKbluein850 View Post
    1.1 million in New Orleans metro. 2nd game of the season after getting the #1 pick. Friday night, great arena. Shouldnt have to beg for 17,000 people.
    I agree, but man it looks really weak tonight.

Draft Pick
    Yep, I have DirectTV and called Wednesday and again tonight since I am not getting the feed. I live on the MS Gulf Coast. I've talked to 6 different agents and all are flabbergasted. They've elevated this issue so the engineers are "supposed" to be looking at it. I encourage anyone else having problems to call because the agents were looking to see if anyone else had experienced this and reported it. There is strength in numbers I guess.

Called Dish and they got my problem worked out. Only missed the first few minutes. They even took some money off my bill for my troubles.

NO game on MY tv

Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    Called Dish and they got my problem worked out. Only missed the first few minutes. They even took some money off my bill for my troubles.
    Nice!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    any idea what the problem was drake? maybe i'm missing the secret phrase to help my agents out.

Draft Pick
    No game for me either. I am thinking this is a Directv/Fox Sports issue. It seems that anyone in the FS South area is not getting the game due to FSNO being a sub off of FS southwest. I am 50mi from NOLA, I even get the NOLA local channels on Direct but no Hornets. Hopefully they get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by nughead View Post
    any idea what the problem was drake? maybe i'm missing the secret phrase to help my agents out.
    My problem was that I had a package that didn't have Fox Sports NO, but I had League Pass. League Pass blacked me out so they refunded my money for that and used it to set up a sports package that had FSNO. I think it was Americas Top 120+. He said it needed to be plus and not regular. So, League Pass was useless for watching them, even though they told me I was in MEM/ATL market (which doesn't make sense because I'm 90 minutes out of NO).

Draft Pick
    yeah, same thing for me bdot79. what's weird is I got Fox Sports SouthWest for the Mavericks game Wednesday and tonight I got the OKC game on FSOK. Afterward the games, the channels deactivate. It's like the in-market setting is hosed or something. Hopefully, they'll figure it out. I'm going to call every game till it's rectified.

Draft Pick
    yeah i am getting all the games but the hornets. I am on the line w/ direct right now. They are clueless.
    Last edited by bdot79; 11-02-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by nughead View Post
    Yep, I have DirectTV and called Wednesday and again tonight since I am not getting the feed. I live on the MS Gulf Coast. I've talked to 6 different agents and all are flabbergasted. They've elevated this issue so the engineers are "supposed" to be looking at it. I encourage anyone else having problems to call because the agents were looking to see if anyone else had experienced this and reported it. There is strength in numbers I guess.
    Call complete w/ Directv and still no resolution. They have escalated the issue up to the broadcast department b/c they think it is an invalid blackout. ??? The tech acted like this is the first they had heard of the problem when I know others (and myself) have called about this since Wednesday. I told her many others in MS are having the same problem. I wouldn't be surprised if I am not calling again tomorrow with the same issue. Keep calling people and maybe we will see a game by the All-star break.

A buddy of mine in Slidell with Charter told me he couldn't find the game...is that possible??? He said he found fox sports, but that it was fox sports southwest or houston.
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

NO game on MY tv

Quote Originally Posted by geaux View Post
    A buddy of mine in Slidell with Charter told me he couldn't find the game...is that possible??? He said he found fox sports, but that it was fox sports southwest or houston.
    The game should have been on that station. I have that station in Lake Charles and we get the games. The game was probably on that channel and he didn't check it since it wasn't updated on the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by geaux View Post
    Did he actually turn the channel on? Or did he just go by what his guide said?

Thread Information