.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 72 of 72

Thread: What a difference (FSNO) {merged}

  1. #51
    Charter Member Southpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metro New Orleans
    Posts
    5,579
    FSNO is a "subfeed" of FS Southwest...basically a subsidiary or division. When there is no original NOLA programming scheduled, the channel shows whatever is on FSSW. On DirecTV, we get all of the subfeeds on a different channel number with the main FSSW feed on one. So, when there is no FSNO original programming on, 678 and 678-1 are basically "off air" with all programming on 676 which is the main FSSW feed.

    Kind of confusing, but you get the hang of it after a while. It was the same way with FS Houston and is with FS Oklahoma.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

    It can't fix levees.

    Or rebuild houses.

    But it can let a city know...

    That it's a city once again.

    Welcome back, New Orleans.



  2. #52
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Exactly, and well put. Some people get all the programming funneled together. Some people see the `jumps' since the feed turn on and off.

    It's a choice of the distributor.
    __________
    "Aime la vérité, mais pardonne à l'erreur." - François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

  3. #53
    Hall of Famer takezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Barcelona (Catalonia)
    Posts
    580
    the quality of the broadcast was pretty bad on NBA League Pass compared with other matches like the Bulls. It was not HD (3000kbps) by no means.

  4. #54
    Hall of Famer Ceedee M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Down da bayou
    Posts
    914
    I thought the quality was horrible. At one point I really was about the turn the game off because it was hurting my eyes. I never had a problem with CST picture quality. I never really understood the complaints last year. I do like that Joel guy or whatever his name is. Wesley is okay. I will miss Gil and his corny jokes, but I will not miss those Captain Obvious comments like "you have to make that shot". Hopefully Wesley can bring some humor into the game. I'm not looking for standup material, but just someone like Reggie Miller who gives good analysis sprinkled with some playful commentary .

  5. #55
    The Witch Doctor NemesisKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ask Your Wife
    Posts
    935
    I don't know it all works myself, but my question is will it basically be up to individual entities, professional teams, colleges, high schools and conferences to work out deals for their programing to air on the channel? Programming like coaches' shows, weekly update shows, rap up show, conference or league shows could fill space, so that dead air for FSNO doesn't automatically revert to FSSW and fans in the region won't have to watch random poker shows and texas programming along with B12 crap.

    Meaning that program relative to the region that's going to be picking up the hornets games can enjoy other stuff, the full benefit of a new channel in the area.

    Will there actually be Saints shows, SEC shows, LSU, Miss, Alabama etc., all the shows that could fill out out most daily and weekly time slots. Of course games will fill out the weekend, Live and probably replays on sunday, but will hit be SEC, local Conference USA or will it be minor B12 games?

  6. #56
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,260
    Yeah I'm not feelin the bull riding, Texas Aggie, Big 12 crap. I don't see why all areas east of and including Lafayette don't just get FSS.

  7. #57
    Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ascension Parish
    Posts
    2,526
    NBA League pass is a separate issue, however on the actual channel FSNO it was in HD and it looked good. The graphics were good high quality graphics. Everything about it was soo much better. Last year, CST, the couple of HD games they had looked decent but the problem was majority of the games were not in HD. This year every single game will be in SD. Whether NBA League Pass or your cable provider decides to display the HD feed if you are out of market is completely up to them and not the issue of FSNO.

  8. #58
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,902
    I also love that second camera they cut too after baskets. Sometimes they show plays in slow motion and it just look amazing.

    Makes CST look like a joke.
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  9. #59
    Starter DarkHornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Yeah I'm not feelin the bull riding, Texas Aggie, Big 12 crap. I don't see why all areas east of and including Lafayette don't just get FSS.
    I second that. I'd think South Louisiana would be much more a Fox Sports South market than Southwest.

  10. #60
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Give them time get their programming. Much of the programming that has been actually shown is has been different than what was on the guide.

    Soft launch.

  11. #61
    People are really impatient. It is going to take time for them to put together a package that tailors to their new audience. There's going to be some trial and error. What you're seeing today should not be what you see by summer imo.

  12. #62
    Why is it so hard for other tv stations to broadcast like NBC does for Sunday Night Football...They have THE best by FAAAARRRR in terms of quality of HD and camera angles when it comes to sports imo

  13. #63
    Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ascension Parish
    Posts
    2,526
    I just love how pixelated nbc is. ESPN or ABC is the best.

  14. #64
    I still don't have Fox Sports New Orleans as an actual channel on Dish Network. I am able to see the games, but only by searching on the alternate sports channels. I have called Dish Network multiple times and the are totally unaware of Fox Sports New Orleans. Direct TV has Fox Sports New Orleans as a speraterate channel. Why is this so hard for Dish Network to accomplish?

  15. #65
    All-Star cjjr72984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Orleans East
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Direct TV has Fox Sports New Orleans as a separate channel.
    Good to hear since I'm getting DirecTV on Monday

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    People are really impatient. It is going to take time for them to put together a package that tailors to their new audience. There's going to be some trial and error. What you're seeing today should not be what you see by summer imo.
    I'm really interested in this. What if they find out more people in NOLA would rather see the Astros than the Rangers when it comes to baseball... I wonder if we'll be able to see more Dallas Stars hockey games (yes I do like hockey every now and then... and the Stars when I do)

    but more importantly... will they do more Saints and Hornets programming? more LHSAA? take over the VooDoo from Cox4? take over the Zephyrs contract and show more than 1 game a week (maybe even some road games)?

  17. #67
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    I still don't have Fox Sports New Orleans as an actual channel on Dish Network. I am able to see the games, but only by searching on the alternate sports channels. I have called Dish Network multiple times and the are totally unaware of Fox Sports New Orleans. Direct TV has Fox Sports New Orleans as a speraterate channel. Why is this so hard for Dish Network to accomplish?
    I think it's a bandwidth issue. As the volume of programming grows, hopefully it will get more stable.

    It's on my plate to look into.

  18. #68
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    I'm really interested in this. What if they find out more people in NOLA would rather see the Astros than the Rangers when it comes to baseball... I wonder if we'll be able to see more Dallas Stars hockey games (yes I do like hockey every now and then... and the Stars when I do)

    but more importantly... will they do more Saints and Hornets programming? more LHSAA? take over the VooDoo from Cox4? take over the Zephyrs contract and show more than 1 game a week (maybe even some road games)?
    You will see Hockey. They will do more Hornets programming (they call it `shoulder' programming) this season. They are working on Saints, LSU, etc. It's all on the table, and I specifically asked the VP of FSNO about those exact things. They have the LSHAA game of the week and want more.

    http://www.hornets247.com/2012/10/12...leans-details/

  19. #69
    I miss the futuristic CST intro and the late 80s looking broadcast overlays

  20. #70
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    I'm really interested in this. What if they find out more people in NOLA would rather see the Astros than the Rangers when it comes to baseball... I wonder if we'll be able to see more Dallas Stars hockey games (yes I do like hockey every now and then... and the Stars when I do)

    but more importantly... will they do more Saints and Hornets programming? more LHSAA? take over the VooDoo from Cox4? take over the Zephyrs contract and show more than 1 game a week (maybe even some road games)?
    The Astros signed a deal with Comcast, so they no longer broadcast on Fox Sports. Unless you subscribe to a cable/satellite provider that has Comcast, then you're stuck with the Rangers. Gotta say though...Rangers are far more entertaining to watch than the Triple-A team they have in Houston called the Astros.

  21. #71
    Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    I thought the quality was horrible. At one point I really was about the turn the game off because it was hurting my eyes. I never had a problem with CST picture quality. I never really understood the complaints last year. I do like that Joel guy or whatever his name is. Wesley is okay. I will miss Gil and his corny jokes, but I will not miss those Captain Obvious comments like "you have to make that shot". Hopefully Wesley can bring some humor into the game. I'm not looking for standup material, but just someone like Reggie Miller who gives good analysis sprinkled with some playful commentary .
    It sounds like you're watching the SD channel. On my 50" plasma, the SD channel is absolutely terrible (in a way that other Cox SD channels aren't). The lines on the court seem to do very strange things to the picture, warping it in places, and whites do this weird flashing/strobe-ing sort of thing. The picture on the HD channel, however, looks great.

  22. #72

    What a difference (FSNO) {merged}

    Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    I miss the futuristic CST intro and the late 80s looking broadcast overlays
    Yeah I miss homeboy goin all Minority Report on us in the beginning. Drawin up crazy plays from the future!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •