Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What a difference (FSNO) {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    David Wesley got better (more comfortable) as the game went on. Joel Meyers is as good as it gets. We're blessed to have him.
    What do you know.. a professional broadcast that dissects the game and give you insightful views and opinions...

Welp, I wondered if FSNO would re-air the games and I just found out that they are still re-airing the games as CST did. It's on now but I'm tired and don't want to watch a loss.

CST seems to be dying... Hornets gone... LHSAA programming is also on FSNOLA (this week's big HS football game... Church Point vs Eunice... is being shown on both FSNOLA and CST)... seems like the only thing they have left is LSU sports and even then they can only show replays of the biggest sport (football... and that won't attract nearly as many viewers as live... even big wins)

other than that... they have random college football games and other minor sports (will the Zephyrs stay on CST? VooDoo on Cox4?)

and before you say Saints preseason games... you think that'll stay there when the current contract runs out? I doubt it whole-heartedly

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Welp, I wondered if FSNO would re-air the games and I just found out that they are still re-airing the games as CST did. It's on now but I'm tired and don't want to watch a loss.
    yes I'm watching the midnight replay now... but what I'm not seeing is the noon replay the next day. both replays would be good for me... esp. since I work evenings/nights and miss most games live
    Last edited by rt0307; 11-01-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    CST seems to be dying... Hornets gone... LHSAA programming is also on FSNOLA (this week's big HS football game... Church Point vs Eunice... is being shown on both FSNOLA and CST)... seems like the only thing they have left is LSU sports and even then they can only show replays of the biggest sport (football... and that won't attract nearly as many viewers as live... even big wins)

other than that... they have random college football games and other minor sports (will the Zephyrs stay on CST? VooDoo on Cox4?)

and before you say Saints preseason games... you think that'll stay there when the current contract runs out? I doubt it whole-heartedly

yes I'm watching the midnight replay now... but what I'm not seeing is the noon replay the next day. both replays would be good for me... esp. since I work evenings/nights and miss most games live
    I'm going to have to check at noon or at 1 to actually see if they're re-airing the next day. My TIVO guide still doesn't even say FSNO. It didn't last night and it don't this morning. If I wouldn't have actually turned the channel on last night, I would've thought the MAVS game was on because my guide was lying to me.

Loved the broadcast last night.

I'm a DirecTV subscriber for the last four years, after having had Charter before that.

This was the first time I actually could sit down and enjoy a regular season Hornets broadcast without having to search for a poor quality illegal internet stream (with the exception of the YHT years when, ironically, they were broadcast on Charter's sports tier).

I thought the production quality was high (much higher than what little I saw of CST) an on par with other FSN broadcasts.

After the post-game show, the feed on 678-1 on DirecTV went dark and did not show the replay of the game later that night.

The guide for tonight does not show the LHSAA game.

So my question for anyone who can ask FSNO is whether we (DirecTV subscribers) will get other local content besides the live Hornets games. I'm not complaining - this is a HUGE upgrade over the CST contract.

But I'd like the replays and high school games, etc., in addition to the live broadcasts.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

I loved it. Kinda miss the old crew in some weird way but the new setup is totally better.

The only thing that slightly bothered me was the scoreboard being on the bottom center of the screen. It blocked a good bit of the court. CST had it in the top corner, right? That just blocked out fans in the stands. Kinda irked me.

But it still was a huge step up.

Its still not true HD.
    Its compressed up converted 480P

Kinda like watching a regular DVD upconverted to HD.
    The picture does not come close to ESPN or TNT.

But with that in mind its still a big improvement from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    I loved it. Kinda miss the old crew in some weird way but the new setup is totally better.

The only thing that slightly bothered me was the scoreboard being on the bottom center of the screen. It blocked a good bit of the court. CST had it in the top corner, right? That just blocked out fans in the stands. Kinda irked me.

But it still was a huge step up.
    the halftime show left a lot to be desired. I'd rather the pair that did the post-game show from LA or Houston or wherever breaking down the 1st half than just a re-run of Fox8's sports stories from the earlier newscasts

It was so much better to me and how about not seeing them Morris Bart commercials lol.

the halftime show left a lot to be desired. I'd rather the pair that did the post-game show from LA or Houston or wherever breaking down the 1st half than just a re-run of Fox8's sports stories from the earlier newscasts
    Yeah....I can totally see that. I don't really get to see that news stuff over here, so it was slightly interesting to me. I'm sure they'll eventually do a half time breakdown and that was just filler, though......right?

Wesley started off before the game nervous and stumbling over his words a bit but as soon as the game started he provided very good fluid sounding insight as to what was going on on the court...very happy with the 2 guys calling the game I would have hated if Wesley would have stayed nervous though he started out pretty rough but I expect Wesley to develop as an announcer/analyst just as our team developes

The HD could be better but it still looks better than Cox presentation by far and combine that upgrade with the player upgrades and we have a very fun season to look forward to watching fellas
    Last edited by Da_Beez_Neez; 11-01-2012 at 11:52 AM.

It doesn't look like we'll be getting the next day re-airs.

Thought it was a clear upgrade as well--especially meyers, who is head and shoulders above the previous team. a real pro. good hire. Wesley is a rook in the booth, so give him some time to grow. he could be solid. production values much higher as well. good broadcast all around.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Didn't care for the pre-game guy. Seemed a bit stiff.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Fox Sports has actual content to air at noon the next day, unlike CST they have more than the hornets, they have an actual tv line up. I'll take no noon replays on FSN versus going back to CST and the mickey mouse garbage we put up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slidell Hornet View Post
    Loved the broadcast last night.

I'm a DirecTV subscriber for the last four years, after having had Charter before that.

This was the first time I actually could sit down and enjoy a regular season Hornets broadcast without having to search for a poor quality illegal internet stream (with the exception of the YHT years when, ironically, they were broadcast on Charter's sports tier).

I thought the production quality was high (much higher than what little I saw of CST) an on par with other FSN broadcasts.

After the post-game show, the feed on 678-1 on DirecTV went dark and did not show the replay of the game later that night.

The guide for tonight does not show the LHSAA game.

So my question for anyone who can ask FSNO is whether we (DirecTV subscribers) will get other local content besides the live Hornets games. I'm not complaining - this is a HUGE upgrade over the CST contract.

But I'd like the replays and high school games, etc., in addition to the live broadcasts.

It is my understanding that you will get all that. I think you may not get all the FSNO stuff that is 'borrowed' at first, but I think it is supposed to be on your tv.

Alternatively, if you have other FSX's, check them. The 'borrowing' may be transparent to Cox folks but appear as true to you, so it's a 'jump'.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    It is my understanding that you will get all that. I think you may not get all the FSNO stuff that is 'borrowed' at first, but I think it is supposed to be on your tv.

Alternatively, if you have other FSX's, check them. The 'borrowing' may be transparent to Cox folks but appear as true to you, so it's a 'jump'.
    You are right. The LHSAA Game is on 678 tonight.

Good stuff!

I hope CST doesn't go away. Its always good to have options for the consumers. Competition will make both stations better.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The new Comcast thingy might grab them.

Reasoned speculation.

Astros and Rangers for the MLB fans in the room. Root for it.

The new Comcast thingy might grab them.

Reasoned speculation.

Astros and Rangers for the MLB fans in the room. Root for it.
    Yup and the Rockets too. Lake Charles is too close to Houston for us not to get the Rockets. Would be cool seeing Comcast grab CST and improving their coverage. Therefore for I could get to watch the Hornets, Rockets, Rangers, and Astros like before as well as many other things. I do like how FSNO has brought more SEC coverage to our Fox Sports SW.

Dish Network still doesn't show Fox Sports New Orleans. I still have Fox Sports Southwest instead and it hasn't switched yet. I was able to watch the game last night on one of the Sports Alternate channels. I asked Dish Network about the problem last night on Twitter and they seem totally unaware of Fox Sports New Orleans. They told me that they couldn't guarantee that they would carry any channel prior to it's launch. I told them that it was reported that Dish would carry Fox Sports New Orleans and I had to send them a link to a Nola.com article stating that it was already negotiated that they would carry Fox Sport New Orleans. They said they would check with their engineers to see why it wasn't available yet. I asked them again today on Twitter, but no response. Not a big deal since I was able to watch the game last night, but it's curious that they don't have it corrected yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Dish Network still doesn't show Fox Sports New Orleans. I still have Fox Sports Southwest instead and it hasn't switched yet. I was able to watch the game last night on one of the Sports Alternate channels. I asked Dish Network about the problem last night on Twitter and they seem totally unaware of Fox Sports New Orleans. They told me that they couldn't guarantee that they would carry any channel prior to it's launch. I told them that it was reported that Dish would carry Fox Sports New Orleans and I had to send them a link to a Nola.com article stating that it was already negotiated that they would carry Fox Sport New Orleans. They said they would check with their engineers to see why it wasn't available yet. I asked them again today on Twitter, but no response. Not a big deal since I was able to watch the game last night, but it's curious that they don't have it corrected yet.
    I don't have Dish... so I don't know your individual issue... but FSNOLA is still FSSouthwest when there is no NOLA programming (i.e. Hornets games or LHSAA stuff or whatever).

was the game not on that same FSSW channel Wed. night?

Dish people will see FSNO on multiple stations it seems. It's up to the carrier.

But stop assuming FSNO is a standalone station. It is not.

Dish people will see FSNO on multiple stations it seems. It's up to the carrier.

But stop assuming FSNO is a standalone station. It is not.
    What do you mean by standalone station? Shouldn't it be a seperate station?

Should is such a funny word.

Here's artcile about Fox Sports Oklahoma when it was created. It has details on how it related to Fox Sports Southwest.

See if there are any parallels for you.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...4_hFoxSp689568

Thread Information