Pelicans Report

Thread: Austin Rivers prediction thread

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar

Austin Rivers prediction thread

Now we know that our very own rookie 10th pick will be starting tonight at home in the Hive, what do you guys think he puts up?

Predict his line

I say 6/13, 14 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 0 blocks, 3 TO's
    Wherehappens.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    With the way he has shot in preseason and SL, I would love it if he shot 46%

Tonight?

I say 4/11, 13 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

It would surprised me if he all of a sudden was able to turn it on... and do it against a very good team at that. I don't think he'll do any better than he's been doing in preseason and summer-league. His shot is unreliable and him finishing at the basket has been below average. His best attribute right now is getting to the line. I just don't think he's ready right now.

2/10, 7 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assist

3/11, 11 points, 4 assists, 1 TO, 2 steals
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    With the way he has shot in preseason and SL, I would love it if he shot 46%
    All layups I kid but I'd bet most of that line would be close to the bucket. 3-4 points on foul shots. So not too far fetched.

Rivers just doesnt have the body type to be a full-time 2 atm. I hope Gordons "injury" wont affect Rivers health too drastically.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    16 points 5 assist 3 turnovers

3/9 FG (0/1 3 pt)
    4/7 FT

10 points 4 assists 3 rebounds 1 steal 0 blocks 3 turnovers 3 fouls 32 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Rivers just doesnt have the body type to be a full-time 2 atm. I hope Gordons "injury" wont affect Rivers health too drastically.
    Lined up with GV, he'll basically be the PG anyway. Tonight I expect him to primarily guard and be guarded by Tony Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Lined up with GV, he'll basically be the PG anyway. Tonight I expect him to primarily guard and be guarded by Tony Parker.
    Why would Parker guard him? The Spurs don't switch up players unless they are a defensive stopper.

Because GV is bigger than Rivers. The matchup that makes most sense to me is Parker on Rivers & Vasquez on Green based on size/speed/quickness of those players. But then again I'm not Williams or Popovich, so we'll see.

24/27 67 points, 17 assists, 22 rebounds, 1 TO
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

He is getting plenty of shots off. Sooner or later he will find his range and settle in. I am going to say he rises to occasion and balls out in his first real nba game. 23 points 5 Rebounds 3 Asst. He is going to make us forget about Gordon tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    2/10, 7 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assist
    Ended up 1/9, 7 points, 1 board 2 assist

Gets to the line like we expected but can't finish and has no shot right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Ended up 1/9, 7 points, 1 board 2 assist

Gets to the line like we expected but can't finish and has no shot right now.
    Yeah he doesn't do much offensively. Even his ball-handling and vision weren't great. He looks down a lot when he dribbles. A great ball-handler should rarely look down.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Blah. Oh well, maybe it will come eventually.

He's a year away from being the effective player we envision him to be. Too small physically and too overwhelmed mentally right now. The only way for him to become better from tonight's showing is to continue to be thrown to the wolves.

Thread Information