.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 45 of 45

Thread: So when can Gordon be traded?

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Was he predicting the meltdown on hornetsreport?

  2. #27
    I love h247.com and the guys working there are doing an amazing job, people need to lay off on criticizing them. The old people that ran this sit cough**Harvey Hornet**cough**Say-what**cough were arrogant, pessimistic hornets haters, hr247 people actually love this team and this city and work hard to provide us fans with extensive coverage.

    Quick question though, what happened to the guy who originally ran hr247, Nialls I think?? He was funny and I miss his commentary and his more light hearted view of things.

  3. #28
    All-Star cmac81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He's already signed off on any and all trades.
    Well played sir

  4. #29
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez    Contributor   
    IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    8,858
    Thing is Granger has been reported to be injured (knee) and out indefinitely as well. That's why they are saying don't trade for Granger.

    http://www.examiner.com/article/dann...d-indefinitely
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

    1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day






  5. #30
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Exactly. I don't know why people keep saying but "Granger is hurt".

    Granger has proven to be a lot more durable of a player than Gordon has over his career.

    Is he better? Technically, because Gordon can't do anything for us in street clothes.
    They're saying Granger is hurt because Granger is hurt. Is he out indefinitely for another reason? Granger is hurt RIGHT NOW.

  6. #31
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,094
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    They're saying Granger is hurt because Granger is hurt. Is he out indefinitely for another reason? Granger is hurt RIGHT NOW.
    He means why are people using that as as excuse as to why we cant trade for him when we will be ineligible to trade gordon until dec 15th anyway.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    They're saying Granger is hurt because Granger is hurt. Is he out indefinitely for another reason? Granger is hurt RIGHT NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    He means why are people using that as as excuse as to why we cant trade for him when we will be ineligible to trade gordon until dec 15th anyway.
    What RaisingTheBrow said. We wouldn't even be able to trade for Granger until December 15th. So why refer to an injury Granger has now as a significant, deciding factor in regards to making a Gordon-Granger swap?

    That's the reason I don't care about his injury at the moment. Now if it becomes a lingering issue, that's another story.

    Additionally, comparing Granger's injury (singular) to Gordon's series of injuries (plural) is nonsensical. Danny is still by far the more durable player if you look at his entire track record.

    Those were the only points I was trying to make.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-31-2012 at 03:00 PM.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  8. #33
    Even if Granger were to never play in the NBA again, I would trade Gordon for Granger. Think of it in terms of worst case scenario:

    Granger- Never plays in the NBA again. Is a huge expiring contract next year to trade or fall off the books in 2014.

    Gordon- In and out, in and out. Out more than in. Picks up his player option and doesnt come off the books until 2016.

    I dont care about Granger's knee. If he comes back and plays well, that is icing on the cake. I want Gordon's contract off our books and for this officially to be AD's team- the way it should have been all along
    @mcnamara247

  9. #34
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    I love h247.com and the guys working there are doing an amazing job, people need to lay off on criticizing them. The old people that ran this sit cough**Harvey Hornet**cough**Say-what**cough were arrogant, pessimistic hornets haters, hr247 people actually love this team and this city and work hard to provide us fans with extensive coverage.

    Quick question though, what happened to the guy who originally ran hr247, Nialls I think?? He was funny and I miss his commentary and his more light hearted view of things.
    I'll get you some knee pads.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  10. #35
    What is more frustrating than not having our best player on the court because he's out for an unidentified medical reason ?

    Being that player... Especially when you are Eric Gordon. I wish he recovers from that quickly !!!
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

  11. #36
    Think the clippers would take Gordon, Aminu, Warrick and a 2nd for Cp3

  12. #37
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Think the clippers would take Gordon, Aminu, Warrick and a 2nd for Cp3
    Ahh good question! No.

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Ahh good question! No.
    i know...just trying to lighten the mood. i'm pretty bummed about puddin being such a D-bag

  14. #39
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Even if Granger were to never play in the NBA again, I would trade Gordon for Granger. Think of it in terms of worst case scenario:

    Granger- Never plays in the NBA again. Is a huge expiring contract next year to trade or fall off the books in 2014.

    Gordon- In and out, in and out. Out more than in. Picks up his player option and doesnt come off the books until 2016.

    I dont care about Granger's knee. If he comes back and plays well, that is icing on the cake. I want Gordon's contract off our books and for this officially to be AD's team- the way it should have been all along
    If we got a different trade and didn't get Gordon, we might not even HAVE Davis. Robinson's team?
    Wherehappens.

  15. #40
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    i know...just trying to lighten the mood. i'm pretty bummed about puddin being such a D-bag
    Lol i wasnt bein a d bag i can see how it seemed that way. Sorry lol. Just jokin im not a hostile person trust me

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Lol i wasnt bein a d bag i can see how it seemed that way. Sorry lol. Just jokin im not a hostile person trust me
    oh yea i know. no worries. Puddin' is my name for Gordon.

  17. #42
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    oh yea i know. no worries. Puddin' is my name for Gordon.
    Yeah i read the comment wrong. Cool now i have a new name for gordon

  18. #43
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! fullcourtpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,442
    heck id trade em for martell webster and emeka okafor
    or john hurt hensonand salary /terrance ross and salary/ barnes/lamb and salary ect.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Think the clippers would take Gordon, Aminu, Warrick and a 2nd for Cp3
    Actually, I do think this trade would work (tried it in the trade machine):

    Gordon

    for

    Bledsoe
    Fat Blob Odom (expiring, doesn't have to play)
    Thompkins (a young pf with 2 years at 500k and no shot of seeing the floor in LA)

    What do you think of this? At least it would be an exit strategy.

    Not sure at all that the Clippers would take him back though the way he is acting up.

    The other team I keep thinking about is Boston. They are arrogant enough to think they can fix him. And they love risky one-sided trades like this. Something like:

    Gordon

    for

    Jeff Green
    Courtney Lee

    I bet they would go for it. They got the personnel to handle him and we do have a relationship with them (ie, Doc Rivers, clear some time for your son to play here).
    Last edited by sfernald; 10-31-2012 at 05:41 PM.

  20. #45
    U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Monroe, LA
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    If we got a different trade and didn't get Gordon, we might not even HAVE Davis. Robinson's team?
    I think he's talking about during the offseason when we could have cut ties with Gordon. Draft position not dependent.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •