Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lets get a head start

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Too early for the talk of the TANK. Besides the Saints are using it right now.... Not enough tanks to go around in this city.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    I'd rather a wing player. I think Anderson-Davis will make up our starting frontcourt for years to come. We need a 2 and a 3 to grow alongside Rivers. If we could land a Shabazz/McAdoo/Mitchell and then sign Iggy, we'd be set.
    Agreed, I think as of next year Davis and Anderson will be our starters (of course if Lopez continues to play well that might change things). But iirc iggy says he wants to stay in denver. So there went that dream of mine.

I like Iggy, i do, but i think he's too old for our plans.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Mitchell is like a more-athletic version of Beasley but a natural 3 instead of a tweener

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    Mitchell is like a more-athletic version of Beasley but a natural 3 instead of a tweener
    Latest Sports City mock (Hornets at 6) has us grabbing him: http://www.sportscity.com/nba/mock-d...ba-mock-draft/

As does My NBA draft (Hornets at 7): http://www.mynbadraft.com/2013-NBA-Mock-Draft

The performance of Aminu, however, completely shifts my draft philosophy (given that he performs near this level the entire season).

I kind of want to go all in on Shabazz if he plays at the elite level I think he is capable of this college basketball season.

Maybe a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, and future 1st rounder/asset to move up 5-6 spots?

Imagine a team with Rivers, Gordon, Aminu, Anderson, and Davis with Shabazz coming off the bench (a long with Vasquez, Miller, Smith, and Lopez). He'd also give you more leeway/incentive to ship Gordon out.

On top of that, we'd essentially have all our position of needs fulfilled (playmaking 1 is questionable, but I believe in Rivers) short-term and long-term with a ton of cap space to play with.

Otherwise, they are some talented 4/5's that could fall to the 6-10 pick range (where I imagine we'll be picking with no Gordon).
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 11-05-2012 at 05:00 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Lets get a head start

I don't get how after watching this team play. People can expect them to have a top 7 draft pick. I will be disappointed if we aren't in the 7-9th seed range in the playoff race

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    I don't get how after watching this team play. People can expect them to have a top 7 draft pick. I will be disappointed if we aren't in the 7-9th seed range in the playoff race
    Yeah, it's becoming harder to think this way given how well we played this week.

Again though, we only have a three-game sample to work with. I'm not willing to look at our team's prospects any differently until more games are played and they display a consistent pattern of smothering defense and average to above average offensive efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    You don't think there's been one American-born Caucasian college basketball player talented enough to go #1 in the past 35 years? Really? Fair enough. I'm done talking about this here, at least.
    The fact that you have to seperate "american born" caucasians from whatever other caucasians pretty much makes whatever point you are trying to make quite moot. Andrew Bogut is just as much a caucasian as Larry Bird. Caucasian is caucasian.

A thread like this is bad vibes. Nobody wants to look forward to having a lottery pick until it's quite obvious and necessary. I like Ws.

Out!

Thread Information