Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lets get a head start

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I thought this was going to be an EJ trade idea thread, preparing for December 15th.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It could be that too.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I thought this was going to be an EJ trade idea thread, preparing for December 15th.
    Nope its a petition to sign Pervis Ellington page. Lolololololololllolololololll

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Nope its a petition to sign Pervis Ellington page. Lolololololololllolololololll
    I was actually wrong. I edited my original post.

Last American-born Caucasian that went first in the draft was Kent Benson, 1977.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Tank!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Shabazz is so nice.

Some decent footage of Mitchell. There's barely any videos of him on YouTube.......

Nice breakdown of Zeller's game.

Short compilation of McAdoo highlights (only high school). Another player with very few videos on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    No, it's the truth. And you're apparently too blind to see what's in front of you. This has been addressed plenty of times. I didn't say Zeller wasn't worthy of being the #1 pick. All I said was that looking at the way past drafts have gone, I'd be pleasantly surprised if Zeller goes 1.

And this does matter because if he doesn't go 1, we may have a shot at getting him being that I think we'll end up with one of the five worst records in the league.

I gave you the facts. I'll let you decide why you think such a disparity may exist. I'm just excited at the prospect of possibly landing him. Zeller and Davis would make such a nasty frontcourt duo.

My feelings are more that the reason we haven't had a white guy go number one is because we haven't had one that was talented enough to go number 1. Zeller is talented enough to go number 1.

Not so much that it's a racial stigma.

Best player available regardless of position. In their primes, Anthony Davis can play the 4 or 5 IMO and Rivers can play the 1 or 2. Gordon can play the 1 or 2 as well, but who knows about his future health. At this point, I'd assume he won't be on the team when Davis & Rivers get new contracts. Since they're not limited to any specific position, you can draft anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    My feelings are more that the reason we haven't had a white guy go number one is because we haven't had one that was talented enough to go number 1. Zeller is talented enough to go number 1.

Not so much that it's a racial stigma.
    You don't think there's been one American-born Caucasian college basketball player talented enough to go #1 in the past 35 years? Really? Fair enough. I'm done talking about this here, at least.

I think the more important point is that we both agree that Zeller would make a great addition to our team. I only bought the "race" thing up in order to convince you and others that we don't necessarily need the #1 pick to have an opportunity to snag him.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Best player available regardless of position. In their primes, Anthony Davis can play the 4 or 5 IMO and Rivers can play the 1 or 2. Gordon can play the 1 or 2 as well, but who knows about his future health. At this point, I'd assume he won't be on the team when Davis & Rivers get new contracts. Since they're not limited to any specific position, you can draft anyone.
    It just so happens that next year's draft is pretty deep with 3s and 5s, arguably our weakest positions.

(I'm not counting PG b/c Monty and Demps have that spot "filled" long-term with Rivers).
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-31-2012 at 01:47 PM.

You don't think there's been one American-born Caucasian college basketball player talented enough to go #1 in the past 35 years? Really? Fair enough. I'm done talking about this here, at least.

I think the more important point is that we both agree that Zeller would make a great addition to our team. I just bought the "race" thing up in order to convince you and others that we don't need the #1 pick to have an opportunity to snag him.

No there hasn't been, at least not in the last 15 years of my memory. Don't feel like looking back. Point out the one that was snubbed. From a drafting point of view and not from his career.

No there hasn't been, at least not in the last 15 years of my memory. Don't feel like looking back. Point out the one that was snubbed. From a drafting point of view and not from his career.
    That would take way too long to go back year by year and come up with each and every snubbed American-born Caucasian player.

Logic dictates that thirty-five years is way too large of a sample size to conclude otherwise; there must be an explanation for such a disparity. Race is the most transparent one.

But like I said, I'm done talking about this. You can believe what you want. The facts clearly say otherwise.

That would take way too long to go back year by year and come up with each and every snubbed American-born Caucasian player.

Logic dictates that thirty-five years is way too large of a sample size to conclude otherwise; there must be an explanation for such a disparity. Race is the most transparent one.

But like I said, I'm done talking about this. You can believe what you want. The facts clearly say otherwise.

Or it could be the fact that blacks are naturally better ball players because of their athleticism. That is a fact. And there is science that will prove that and not theory.
    Last edited by Luke's Pelicans; 10-31-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    What about CP next year

Too early for the talk of the TANK. Besides the Saints are using it right now.... Not enough tanks to go around in this city.

Short compilation of McAdoo highlights (only high school). Another player with very few videos on YouTube.

Does not jump out at me athetically at all even against high school competition. Maybe its the video not showing it. He looks solid all around but this made me like him less.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Larry bird was 30ish years ago, but no not many white players have lived up to billing in awhile. Love is a flawed star. This is coming from a white guy.

Or it could be the fact that blacks are naturally better ball players because of their athleticism. That is a fact. And there is science that will prove that and not theory.
    'Blacks'

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Larry bird was 30ish years ago, but no not many white players have lived up to billing in awhile. Love is a flawed star. This is coming from a white guy.

Lol I am a white guy also. Larry Bird and Kevin Love. Neither were very athletic and without hindsight would be hard to take number 1. Obviously they both are worth 1st pick after seeing how good they are/were. But the top spot in the draft is so potential based.

Edit: My point is I think Zeller has a shot at number one, He is way more "talented" than a Kevin Love was coming out.
    Last edited by Luke's Pelicans; 10-31-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Lol I am a white guy also. Larry Bird and Kevin Love. Neither were very athletic and without hindsight would be hard to take number 1. Obviously they both are worth 1st pick after seeing how good they are/where. But the top spot in the draft is so potential based.

Edit: My point is I think Zeller has a shot at number one, He is way more "talented" than a Kevin Love was coming out.
    Not really for Love who had question marks of atheticism and height; plus that was the Derek Rose draft. Bird should have gone #1, but he had question marks as well coming from a small college. I'm not sure Zellar will have the ceiling that a Noel or Shabazz have.

Not really for Love who had question marks of atheticism and height; plus that was the Derek Rose draft. Bird should have gone #1, but he had question marks as well coming from a small college. I'm not sure Zellar will have the ceiling that a Noel or Shabazz have.

We are agreeing. On all points. I wasn't really saying Love should have been number 1. I was saying what you are saying in that he had question marks.

As for Noel and Shabazz I agree with you. They have the higher ceiling but Zellers ceiling is really high too. We shall see.

We are agreeing. On all points. I wasn't really saying Love should have been number 1. I was saying what you are saying in that he had question marks.

As for Noel and Shabazz I agree with you. They have the higher ceiling but Zellers ceiling is really high too. We shall see.
    yeah, it'll matter who's drafting honestly. I think a guy like Zeller would be great next to Davis personally. But if Gordon stays injured we may need to grab another wing.

yeah, it'll matter who's drafting honestly. I think a guy like Zeller would be great next to Davis personally. But if Gordon stays injured we may need to grab another wing.
    I'd rather a wing player. I think Anderson-Davis will make up our starting frontcourt for years to come. We need a 2 and a 3 to grow alongside Rivers. If we could land a Shabazz/McAdoo/Mitchell and then sign Iggy, we'd be set. But if Zeller is available, and both Shabazz and McAdoo is gone, you have to seriously consider taking Zeller. It'll probably come down to need vs. talent at the end of the day, as it always does. This is all dictated on how we perform this season and where we end up in the lottery.

Thread Information