Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lets get a head start

Lets get a head start

Just in case things do head sour, http://nbadraft.net
    what's our biggest position of need.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Stop it. It's opening friggin day don't do this.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    I was waiting for a draft thread to show up!

*Smoove autontune haha*
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-31-2012 at 11:29 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

James McAdoo. I have been looking into all of these guys for my weekly piece, and I am telling you, cross your fingers for James McAdoo
    @mcnamara247

That's who i got in NBA 2k , i also traded Gordon because of his terrible shot type.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Stop it. It's opening friggin day don't do this.
    Obviously I'm not hoping for a tank, or insinuating we will tank. I do think we are not a play off team now, of course you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    I was waiting for a draft thread to show up!

*Smoove autontune baha*
    lol!!!

To hell with it. I'll play. I also would like McAdoo as of now.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    McAdoo/Anderson/Davis ohhhh man.

HAHAHAHAHAh

Shabazz is also promising but I need to see him play some this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Shabazz is also promising but I need to see him play some this year.
    Woah, I hope we're not that bad isn't he supposed to be #1?

Woah, I hope we're not that bad isn't he supposed to be #1?
    Zeller is considered number one at the moment but I expect Shabazz to move in that spot if he plays well. I really don't see us being better than last year if we don't have Gordan.... And well we ended up with the number 1 last year.

SF. Tony Mitchell or Shabazz.

then C... Isiah Austin

Zeller is considered number one at the moment but I expect Shabazz to move in that spot if he plays well. I really don't see us being better than last year if we don't have Gordan.... And well we ended up with the number 1 last year.
    Not really, dude.

Look at Walter's 2013 NBA Mock Draft Database. Shabazz and Noel are listed a lot more times at 1 then Zeller is. Plus, lets not forget the fact Zeller is white. I hate to bring it about, but can you recall the last American-born Cacausian that was picked #1? I'll help you. 1989. His name was Pelvi....I mean Pervis Ellision.

Yeah, I've never heard of him either.

EDIT: Pervis was actually a African-American. I apologize for that mistake; he doesn't have too many relevant pictures on Google Images. This only makes my point stronger, however, because the last American-born Caucasian to go 1 (any position, not just big men)...........1977, Kent Benson.

Being considered the best, most polished (term often associated with white athletes) does not, in any way, guarantee that your going first in the draft. Just telling it how it is.

In regards to who I'm looking at, there are a few intriguing prospects that catch my interest.

Shabazz (who will go first unfortunately)
    McAdoo (won't slip past #4)
    Zeller (won't slip past #5)
    Mitchell (top 10 pick)
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-31-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I don't know how people can STILL misspell his name. GordOn. Not GordAn. Yikes

Not really, dude.

Look at Walter's 2013 NBA Mock Draft Database. Shabazz and Noel are listed a lot more times at 1 then Zeller is. Plus, lets not forget the fact Zeller is white. I hate to bring it about, but can you recall the last American-born Cacausian that was picked #1? I'll help you. 1989. His name was Pelvi....I mean Pervis Ellision.

Being considered the best, most polished (term often associated with white athletes) does not, in any way, guarantee that your going first in the draft. Just telling it how it is.

In regards to who I'm looking at, there are a few intriguing prospects that catch my interest.

Mitchell (top 10 pick)

You can't be serious with this. Who cares at this point. And your White comment is ridiculous.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Shooting guard.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    That's offensive in that it's an insult to handicap(able) people -- at least they try, unlike Gordon!

You can't be serious with this. Who cares at this point. And your White comment is ridiculous.
    No, it's the truth. And you're apparently too blind to see what's in front of you. This has been addressed plenty of times. I didn't say Zeller wasn't worthy of being the #1 pick. All I said was that looking at the way past drafts have gone, I'd be pleasantly surprised if Zeller goes 1.

And this does matter because if he doesn't go 1, we may have a shot at getting him being that I think we'll end up with one of the five worst records in the league.

I gave you the facts. I'll let you decide why you think such a disparity may exist. I'm just excited at the prospect of possibly landing him. Zeller and Davis would make such a nasty frontcourt duo.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-31-2012 at 01:01 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I don't know how people can STILL misspell his name. GordOn. Not GordAn. Yikes
    Gordon Freeman was studying in his was studying labrotoried.

Not really, dude.

Mitchell (top 10 pick)
    Bwahaha Pervis. Haha that is quite possibly one of the greatest names I've ever heard. Sign him up!

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Bwahaha Pervis. Haha that is quite possibly one of the greatest names I've ever heard. Sign him up!
    I felt so immature for laughing at his name hahaha.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Nerlens Noel was born to play here. It's almost his first name for crying out loud.

Thread Information