Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Maybe his knee is in Phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    As far as knowing how a person is feeling, no one truly knows.
    There are medical conditions that exist where you experience pain for no apparent reason. I don't think the orthopedic surgeons will be of much help for Gordon if this is the case.

Gluten Intolerance Symptoms
    Because celiac disease inhibits the absorption of nutrients, the symptoms vary. Common symptoms affect the digestive tract and include abdominal pain, chronic diarrhea, vomiting and constipation; they can lead to weight loss and fatigue. Celiac disease can also affect other parts of the body, causing joint pain and tenderness like that of fibromyalgia. PubMed Health reports that patients with gluten intolerance may also suffer from other autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, which also resembles fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia Symptoms
    The most common symptom of fibromyalgia is chronic pain that occurs without any known cause. It might be a stabbing or shooting pain or a dull ache deep within the muscles and joints. Patients often complain of neurological symptoms including numbness or tingling usually felt in the hands. Fibromyalgia causes sleep disturbances that lead to fatigue and extreme exhaustion. Patients with fibromyalgia may develop other conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, migraines, restless leg syndrome, anxiety and depression.

Connection
    Research published in the "World Journal of Gastroenterology" states that diseases of the digestive system, like inflammatory bowel disease, produce musculoskeletal complications. This research suggests a link between digestive conditions and rheumatic diseases. This means that gluten intolerance not only shares symptoms similar to fibromyalgia but that there may be a common link. Because of this link, the research published in the "British Medical Journal" states that patients with fibromyalgia should be screened for gluten intolerance and that doctors should suggest the patient switch to a gluten-free diet to help relieve symptoms.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/48...-fibromyalgia/

The Hornets should look into this if there is no structural reason for him to be experiencing pain.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    just annoys me that this is gonna delay Austin's transition to PG
    Or accelerated his development at SG

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    They did, there's nothing wrong.
    So we got shiested in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ10Hornets View Post
    I am the biggest Eric Gordon fan, and even I am getting tired of this. I really don't know what to say. So many conflicting reports. Now all we can do is take a wait and see approach, and cheer for the Hornet's players that are playing.
    From the article, team Drs don't see a damned thing. So, whatever pain he feels is probably the type of pain you can play through. It might even get better with activity as his body learns to cope.

Yo boy is a clown. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    From the article, team Drs don't see a damned thing. So, whatever pain he feels is probably the type of pain you can play through. It might even get better with activity as his body learns to cope.

Yo boy is a clown. IMO.
    PUDDIN'

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Austin will play plenty point guard once Parker strips Vasquez on 3 straight possessions.

Just let the season play out, get another lottery pick and a lot of cap room. This is just a learning season for both the players and the fans. Getting upset about losses or Eric Gordon will just drive you crazy. Enjoy the young guys and brush everything else off your shoulders.
    very solid point. classic GV

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

I trust my instincts. And my first reaction to this news?

Man, BLANK, Eric Gordon and his lil' BLANK knee. And and a preemptive BLANK anyone with the audacity to go "I told you so."

He can take his fat head to Germany for all I care.

Edit: Hell, indefinitely? That's not the kinda thing you hear unless major reconstructive surgey is involved. I bet Monty shares my sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Who is gonna take on a max contract for a player that sits for 2 months because of a runny nose?
    don't forget about his 15% trade kicker

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Austin will play plenty point guard once Parker strips Vasquez on 3 straight possessions.

Just let the season play out, get another lottery pick and a lot of cap room. This is just a learning season for both the players and the fans. Getting upset about losses or Eric Gordon will just drive you crazy. Enjoy the young guys and brush everything else off your shoulders.
    Exactly. Im too stubborn to admit i was wrong but i probably am. This season was about growth. Next season we will deal with gordon whether he stays or not. The only way playoffs were possible this season is with gordon playing and hes not so w/e im not gonna dwell on this BS.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    There are medical conditions that exist where you experience pain for no apparent reason. I don't think the orthopedic surgeons will be of much help for Gordon if this is the case.
    My comment about that was about each individual. In my case, I wasn't feeling pain for no apparent reason. I was getting a tooth extracted. Perhaps she didn't deaden it enough or whatever. She could have no possible way to know what I was feeling. It was my mouth. Just because she didn't THINK I should be feeling pain she brushed it off as me feeling pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Exactly. Im too stubborn to admit i was wrong but i probably am. This season was about growth. Next season we will deal with gordon whether he stays or not. The only way playoffs were possible this season is with gordon playing and hes not so w/e im not gonna dwell on this BS.
    The tank is back on.

Yours truly,
    Eric "flake" Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post

http://www.livestrong.com/article/48...-fibromyalgia/

The Hornets should look into this if there is no structural reason for him to be experiencing pain.
    I doubt its any sort of chronic pain... But i hope this is genuine and its not him faking it. Monty's comments can be taken two ways, but i just don't know anymore.

So Gordon has his knee arthroscopically cleaned out in February and can't get on the court.

Funny how Adrian Peterson blows out his knee and is back on an NFL field taking real hits less than a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The tank is back on.

Yours truly,
    Eric "flake" Gordon
    Only tank I endorse is one used to run over Baby Gordon.

Does this count as a flop according to the new league rules

Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    Does this count as a flop according to the new league rules
    I literally LOL'd!

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Dell Demps comments are painting a clearer picture. Sounds as if they are processing the information, and will come up with a plan that allows EJ to play in the near future, but at the same time restricts his minutes.

Regarding EJ being out indefinitely "I don't anticipate it to be a long time, like an extended period of time," Demps said

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    Thank you for all the work, we really do appreciate it. That said, I remember you fiercely defending David Stern and what he did to the hornets when he prevented a trade from happening. You believed the Hornets got the better deal, because of Stern. Do you now see that, just like you put 150 hours a week into your understanding of the Hornets and its players, the people who work for the Hornets, who lined up that rockets/lakers trade, actually put considerably more time into getting us the best deal. IF that deal goes through, we don't have Eric Gordon, who will never play. We don't have Kaman, who we gave up for nothing. We don't have Aminu, who may or may not even play for this team. Can you admit that what Stern did for this team was not in the best interest for this team?
    Heck no he can't because that Lakers trade would have netted us NOTHING. The whole point of the Clippers deal was for us to rebuild and load up on young players. Not to get a quality player back in return. Getting Gordon was almost a bonus actually, but unfortunately it's not yet worked out. Oh well. Anthony Davis will soon be THE man for us anyway. Rivers has potential if he pans out. Had we went with Demps horrible trade we'd have hovered around the 8th seed in a meaningless season, got a middle round pick, and what? Be stuck with Dragic as the face of the franchise....had Dragic even bothered to re-sign?!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn(ets) View Post
    Heck no he can't because that Lakers trade would have netted us NOTHING. The whole point of the Clippers deal was for us to rebuild and load up on young players. Not to get a quality player back in return. Getting Gordon was almost a bonus actually, but unfortunately it's not yet worked out. Oh well. Anthony Davis will soon be THE man for us anyway. Rivers has potential if he pans out. Had we went with Demps horrible trade we'd have hovered around the 8th seed in a meaningless season, got a middle round pick, and what? Be stuck with Dragic as the face of the franchise....had Dragic even bothered to re-sign?!
    With the way Martin played last year and Odom pouting like a *****cat, do you honestly even think we'd be a #8 seed? We'd have been probably later lottery than we were.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That's an insult to a-holes.

Ugh. I need to blow off steam. Where's my copy of ACIII at, Gamefly?
    You can pick up a copy at GameStop... just know if you return it you'll only get $9.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Well, didn't take long for my prediction about less than 60 games to be right. This is pathetic.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    You can pick up a copy at GameStop... just know if you return it you'll only get $9.
    I'm broke like a joke. I only have Gamefly right now because the next month is free. Tried to cancel and they pretty much said "No, don't do that. We'll give you a free month, no catch!"

So I said? "Word? Aight." Probably is gonna be a catch somewhere like a hiked price, but whatever. I'll cancel it then.

make him play let the whole league see him fake it

Happy tank here we come

Thread Information