Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Didn't Houston just get a SG?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Eric Gordon out vs. Spurs. Monty: "The way I understand it, he's going to be out indefinitely, until we get more clarity on what's going on"
    what the fffffff does that mean monty?

I've been an optimist this whole time, but damn. Now I'm reconsidering.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Who is gonna take on a max contract for a player that sits for 2 months because of a runny nose?
    Gordan has a runny nose?

This is comical. Tank is on early this year.

I wonder if there are any clauses in a contract to void the deal if a player is intentionally not playing. It sure sounds like the guy is dogging it. If not, he is the softest player in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    I thought the same thing. He sounds done with Gordon and his nonsense.
    Obviously the doctors and gordon disagree. Now who thinks he is healthy enough to play, and who thinks he isn't healthy enough to play? The Doctor or Gordon? That is the million dollar question.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I have been one of his biggest supporters. And I'm officially off the Gordon wagon. Man up.
    Same here. I've been very optimistic on Gordon since last season. Any and all my optimism flew out the window around 30 minutes ago.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I wonder if there are any clauses in a contract to void the deal if a player is intentionally not playing. It sure sounds like the guy is dogging it. If not, he is the softest player in the NBA.
    You would think teams would try to write something like that in, but it's not something concrete and I would totally understand why a player would refuse to sign a contract with a clause like that in it.

These are situations when I wish NBA contracts WEREN'T fully guaranteed. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Didn't Houston just get a SG?
    Yeah, that's why trading with them is no longer an option. They got their potential superstar at the 2 in Harden, and they gave up the better half of their assets to acquire him.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Didn't see a link so here ya go. Have a read.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Same here. I've been very optimistic on Gordon since last season. Any and all my optimism flew out the window around 30 minutes ago.
    Same thing here, guys. Same thing here......

This has gotten so old.

Never have I seen the word "indefinitely" associated with one player this often.

We never really know what's wrong with him, or even how long he's ever going to be out.

So frustrating.

Starter
    That nola article is something else. Obviously he simply doesn't want to play. They're going to have to get rid of him and trade him at some point. Max deal or not, the dude will be a PIA the rest of the time he's here.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Obviously the doctors and gordon disagree. Now who thinks he is healthy enough to play, and who thinks he isn't healthy enough to play? The Doctor or Gordon? That is the million dollar question.
    Comes back to the question of: "Why doesn't Monty know the status/situation?" This is one of your star players; he should be driving Gordon to the doctor and standing in on the diagnosis daily lol

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Except he did play for the Lakers last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOProblemsolver View Post
    Kobe did play last night..
    LOL! Sorry, fell asleep last night. Excuse my ignorance. Ya'll see the point I was trying to make though

One of the reasons why the NBA can be frustrating. The players have all the power. Guaranteed contracts will do that to ya.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Good point.

Monty sounded PISSED in his quotes. He might just go Spreewell or Bob Knight on the next reporter who asks him about Gordon.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Maybe he's out because every time he goes hard the knee acts up. It's frustrating, but let's just see what happens.

And the guy has played through injuries before, he isn't weak.

The Franchise
    No contract should be FULLY GUARANTEED in any pro sports. Anyway it's not like the guy said he wanted to play somewhere else......oh wait a minute he did. (eyes rolling)

I don't even care anymore to be honest. Austin Rivers is the future then. It just kind of sucks to be thin at SG now but whatever.

time to get your stripes austin.

Not letting this kill the opener for me i just will not do it.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post
    I'm curious to see if all the Gordon defenders will keep their heads in the sand.

"C'mon guys, Kobe didn't play for the Lakers last night. It happens. Just let his knee heal"
    I'm angry but I'm still a supporter. We'll see what is actually going on later after shoot around. I'm sure Monty is grilling him (or hope) for WHY he can't go.
    Wherehappens.

Monty all but called him a certain part of a woman's anatomy that no man wants to be referred to as. Monty sounds like a guy who is sick of defending a player who obviously doesn't love basketball.

After reading the article on NOLA.com, Monty sounds pissed!
    To me, it sounded like the doctors told him one thing and Mr. Flake keeps saying "ow ow ow".

I say they trade him for Simone Augustus straight up.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Maybe he's out because every time he goes hard the knee acts up. It's frustrating, but let's just see what happens.

And the guy has played through injuries before, he isn't weak.
    This is how I feel. I'm over it. I don't want him to push it if he thinks he's gonna get hurt further.

Rivers for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    That would be good, except Granger is out indefinitely too.

Damn, balls beat me to it.
    My point with Granger for Gordon was Granger has 2 years on his contract; Gordon has 3, possibly 4 if he envokes player option, which you know he will do if he is always hurt.

Get Granger and he is either an expiring you can use next year or he falls off the books in 2014. This is not a basketball trade, it is a financial one
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Comes back to the question of: "Why doesn't Monty know the status/situation?" This is one of your star players; he should be driving Gordon to the doctor and standing in on the diagnosis daily lol
    Did you read the article? He knows as much as he's going to know? He can't read a MRI. Doctor says he's fine. Gordon says he's not. What else do you want from a coach? I don't get it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Anyone else getting the feeling Gordon is working his way up to baron davis level cancer? Or is the guy really just damaged goods?

Thread Information