Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

If and only if this info is true, it really shows you how immature Gordon is. He could have a little class and play ball until trading him is a possibility. After the debacle in the summer, you'd think he grew up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlaw View Post
    I forgot to add this but it is my understanding that Eric Gordon will not be allowed on the Hornets bench for tonights game and that he will not be introduced as being part of the team.
    I guess we'll find out this part in a few hours.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    I guess we'll find out this part in a few hours.
    Indeed. It would show a lot if he's not on suited up on the bench.
    Wherehappens.

The move made by the front office today with respect to Eric Gordon was done for non-health related reasons. Mr. Gordon is trying to force a trade behind the scenes. Any speculation as to the health of his knee is pure poppycock and cover for the real fact that Gordon wants out but the organization doesn't want to burn Gordon's reputation if he has a last second change of heart with respect to the Organization and the City of New Orleans.
    If true, that's really disheartening. He isn't even giving the team a chance.

I forgot to add this but it is my understanding that Eric Gordon will not be allowed on the Hornets bench for tonights game and that he will not be introduced as being part of the team.
    That's good. Because we know people here. It could've gotten very ugly and I don't really feel like watching what is supposed to be a grown man crying tonight. Don't feel like watching it!

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Maybe he left his tear ducts in Phoenix along with his heart?
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    That's good. Because we know people here. It could've gotten very ugly and I don't really feel like watching what is supposed to be a grown man crying tonight. Don't feel like watching it!
    Yea i was thinking that.. He REALLY won't wanna play here if they introduce him tonight. The BOOs will rain down. I have no doubt. He can hide safely at home. smh...Puddin'

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    That's not flip-flopping that's expecting someone to perform to their contract. One that was arguably unjustified given how few games he has actually been able to play.
    Fair point. We'll agree to disagree. And is Snowlaw ever credible btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Indeed. It would show a lot if he's not on suited up on the bench.
    In my personal opinion it would absolutely insane to have Gordon sit on the bench for tonights game. His presence would create a huge distraction for the team and it would be in both his and the Organizations best interest to keep him out of the arena tonight for safety reasons. I think the Organization is doing a smart thing but getting him out of Dodge today.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    If true, that's really disheartening. He isn't even giving the team a chance.
    I guess the only way he'd be happy with this team if they initially offered him 5/80. I think that was what he wanted all along and a big reason why he's being resentful towards the team. When is he going to start looking in the mirror be honest with himself?

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Fair point. We'll agree to disagree. And is Snowlaw ever credible btw?
    I'd say it's like 50/50. Maybe 60/40.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Yea i was thinking that.. He REALLY won't wanna play here if they introduce him tonight. The BOOs will rain down. I have no doubt. He can hide safely at home. smh...Puddin'
    As soon as it was revealed that he would be out indefinitely it crossed my mind that I wouldn't be surprised if he were boo'd tonight. You know how we do. LOL.

Who is going to trade for a guy who hasn't played this season and has a max contract? Is this dude brain dead? Wouldn't it be best to go and ball out if you want a trade so other teams will actually be interested in your sorry ***. Obviously after his "summer tour" the only team that was interested was Phoenix.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I know what I'd do.

The move made by the front office today with respect to Eric Gordon was done for non-health related reasons. Mr. Gordon is trying to force a trade behind the scenes. Any speculation as to the health of his knee is pure poppycock and cover for the real fact that Gordon wants out but the organization doesn't want to burn Gordon's reputation if he has a last second change of heart with respect to the Organization and the City of New Orleans.
    Then why not play until he CAN be traded?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Who is going to trade for a guy who hasn't played this season and has a max contract? Is this dude brain dead? Wouldn't it be best to go and ball out if you want a trade so other teams will actually be interested in your sorry ***. Obviously after his "summer tour" the only team that was interested was Phoenix.

You would think so right? He proved this offseason that he's a bit special though so I don't know.

Goodness. Is it game time yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    All I can think of is... Maturity issues.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    risk of injury? I seriously hope we don't pretend he's hurt until December. Should of just taken whatever scraps the Suns would of gave us.

Well, it's sort of a good thing from the Hornets perspective. A legitimately injured Gordon is worth less (trade value wise) than Gordon with a 'fake' injury. Moreover, you tank more games for a higher pick!

I don't see how there isn't a clause where if a player CAN play and WON'T you cant renege/recoup the deal. I mean isn't it essentially the same thing as an EMPLOYEE refusing to work? (this is IF what snowlaw is speculating about trade is true)

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Well, it's sort of a good thing from the Hornets perspective. A legitimately injured Gordon is worth less (trade value wise) than Gordon with a 'fake' injury. Moreover, you tank more games for a higher pick!
    Well, I'M excited now!

Sheesh, screw this let's play some ball tonight.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I don't ever want to go through last year ever again.

Fake injury or real it'll be less leverage for us which is the messed up part. If it's a real knee issue teams wont give up much. If we come out and say, he doesn't want to be here: Teams know they have us and will take advantage.

The Hornets are supposedly still keeping the doors open in case he has a change of heart . I can't imagine it's on the organization's side.

I don't see how there isn't a clause where if a player CAN play and WON'T you cant renege/recoup the deal. I mean isn't it essentially the same thing as an EMPLOYEE refusing to work? (this is IF what snowlaw is speculating about trade is true)
    If he refuses to work. But didn't you see the post earlier about what the doc thinks he should be feeling compared to what he IS feeling? How do you prove in the court of law he's injured if you try to recoup those millions?

Thread Information