Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by pjk481 View Post
    Where did you hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He probably knows people too.

Well.. this was disappointing. I've defended Gordon for some time now, but this guy has more injury problems than Bob Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Monty made it sound like the doctor and Gordon disagree on the health of his knee. One of them is wrong, either Gordon should be playing tonight or the Hornets need to get a second opinion.
    And this is where the problem is. If Gordon really wanted to play and his knee was feeling like this...wouldn't he do like any other star player and go and get a second opinion before hand. The guy can work his but off to try and get a free trip to London and act like he's one of the superstars but as soon as its time to get together with his actual team...."oh my knee hurts" You don't think the Hornets medical staff has taken ever precaution and opinion they could before this season to protect the asset they invested in? There is a disconnect here and I truly believe its Gordon and his mental make up. He's he's had that knee scoped, cleaned, MRI'd and he's still sore....I just don't buy that I'm sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    He probably knows people too.
    No it was on the Hornets twitter I think....

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
    Lets just call him Erica Gordon.

I tore my ACL in July and had my knee surgery july 27th and I think I'll get back on the court faster than Gordon.
    Technically, he's already been back on the court after the surgery.

I sense a little change in tone from Dell Monty. They are now indicating that the doctors say EG can play and EG says he can't. Normally, and up until today, they would be more vague about it and just say they were acting on information from doctors and trainers:

"He probably does feel pain; that would be the only reason why a guy can't play," Williams said. "For me to try to read an MRI ... I'll find out more as we go forward. I try to not get into all that because that would just make me upset."

Williams said on Monday he would check with team physician Scott Montgomery to ascertain if playing Gordon would cause additional damage.

"I've checked with Doc," Williams said, "but for him to explain to me what's going on with his body and then have Eric feel a certain way doesn't matter. You know what I'm saying? If Doc says one thing and the guy is feeling another, then you have to . . . what am I supposed to say?

"I'm sure it's got to be medical. A guy just can't not play. It's got to be medical. At this point of the year, everybody is excited to play. I'm sure it's medical."

I think they are fed up. I bet they told Gordon that they were done covering for him and he could sit with his "probable" pain and collect his 58 million "indefinitely" or he could get his but on the court and prove to the world that he can play so they can trade him.

Just my speculation.

Rookie
    to be honest i don't think this is Gordon's fault and he doesn't deserve that much hate. Most likely he's hurt and that's it.
    It's more on Demps&Co that signed him and then didn't tell us what is happening (and happened) with this guy and his knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    I sense a little change in tone from Dell Monty. They are now indicating that the doctors say EG can play and EG says he can't. Normally, and up until today, they would be more vague about it and just say they were acting on information from doctors and trainers:

"He probably does feel pain; that would be the only reason why a guy can't play," Williams said. "For me to try to read an MRI ... I'll find out more as we go forward. I try to not get into all that because that would just make me upset."

Williams said on Monday he would check with team physician Scott Montgomery to ascertain if playing Gordon would cause additional damage.

"I've checked with Doc," Williams said, "but for him to explain to me what's going on with his body and then have Eric feel a certain way doesn't matter. You know what I'm saying? If Doc says one thing and the guy is feeling another, then you have to . . . what am I supposed to say?

"I'm sure it's got to be medical. A guy just can't not play. It's got to be medical. At this point of the year, everybody is excited to play. I'm sure it's medical."

I think they are fed up. I bet they told Gordon that they were done covering for him and he could sit with his "probable" pain and collect his 58 million "indefinitely" or he could get his but on the court and prove to the world that he can play so they can trade him.

Just my speculation.
    This is what I'm talking about right here. The doctor can't really tell Monty how Eric is feeling. He can only tell Monty how he thinks Eric SHOULD be feeling at this point after his surgery and rehab. Of course as a doctor he don't want his patient to still be feeling any kind of pain 8 months after surgery.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Technically, he's already been back on the court after the surgery.
    Yeah trying out for the Olympics he's fine but can't play in a season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post

And you cant tell me he wasn't salty when he saw AD walking around on media day with his Gold Medal....

I said it before. Signing Gordon was the riskier move. Given his injury history and attitude there are more scenarios that could go wrong than right. Still way too early to make any long term conclusions. However it's not looking good.

How much working out had he been doing prior to Olympic tryouts? Maybe the knee felt good at the time. He felt good enough for offseason workouts with the Hornets. Which is where he said the knee started bothering him. Then he said the knee felt good again. Now it doesn't. Why would he sound so optimistic on twitter 2 days ago and now he doesn't want to play here? I don't know. When he said on twitter that in 2 days it's on and poppin, he must've meant that when the fans and org find out he doesn't want to play, it will be ON and POPPIN. LOL! And right now on HR.com, it is indeed ON and POPPIN.

Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Isn't this game on NBATV? Seems to me all we would have to do is make a number of signs to hold up at the game asking "Monty, tell us the truth about Gordon. Unacceptable"

First take topic number 3 tomorrow, guaranteed. Anyone down?

How much working out had he been doing prior to Olympic tryouts? Maybe the knee felt good at the time. He felt good enough for offseason workouts with the Hornets. Which is where he said the knee started bothering him. Then he said the knee felt good again. Now it doesn't. Why would he sound so optimistic on twitter 2 days ago and now he doesn't want to play here? I don't know. When he said on twitter that in 2 days it's on and poppin, he must've meant that when the fans and org find out he doesn't want to play, it will be ON and POPPIN. LOL! And right now on HR.com, it is indeed ON and POPPIN.
    Exactly what i said! It just makes no sense unless he was being literal lol. He sounded optimistic; maybe this is monty trying to get eric to man up like he did landry last season ... Its just bizarre

Rookie
    Why is rotoworld reporting that it's a game-time decision?

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PP3istheMVP View Post
    Im still a fan of EJ and im not going to bash him. No one knows how long indefinitely is, but if its awhile then so be it. We have Rivers and Mason who can easily fill in. You dont trade your best player the first day of the season just because he has an injury, serious mob mentality going on HR today.
    The Voice of Reason!

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I said it before. Signing Gordon was the riskier move. Given his injury history and attitude there are more scenarios that could go wrong than right. Still way too early to make any long term conclusions. However it's not looking good.
    We all knew this and pretty much accepted it. It's hard to stay rational when the guy goes from should be ready for the opener to limited off the bench to out indefinitely in a span of a couple of days. That just doesn't sit well with people when it progressively gets worse then all of a sudden the worse case scenario appears.

Quote Originally Posted by CarwinLikeWhoa View Post
    Why is rotoworld reporting that it's a game-time decision?
    Maybe they haven't updated.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

How about PR? Go back and look at his tweets before we matched his offer sheet. There was no optimism ever. If anything there was the opposite of optimism. Too many maybe's surrounding Gordon. He needs to play or we need to move on. This thing has been dragged out long enough. Do we just let him sit around on the bench for 2 years making millions doing nothing?

I hope more than anyone else this is all just a big misunderstanding. But looking at the way he has handled himself since he has been a hornet and his injury history, it doesnt look good.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-31-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Just reading through the thread I think most are being impatient. I didnt think re-signing Gordon was the smart move. However it's far too soon to say Gordon will or won't pan out.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

How about PR? Go back and look at his tweets before he signed with us. There was no optimism ever. If anything there was dumb comments about the hornets. Too many maybe's in your comment. He needs to play or we need to move on. This thing has dragged out long enough. Do we just let him sit around on the bench for 2 years making millions doing nothing?
    There are maybe's in my comments because as I said in those very comments, I don't know. And really, neither do you. Sure, we can all keep 'assuming'. Before he signed he didn't have reason for optimism. He all but said that in his 'my heart is in Phoenix' interview. Either he will play or if the org feels the need to move on, they WILL move on. Talking about moving on to me isn't going to get him moved on any faster. Write a letter to Demps or Benson.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Shabazz?
    See I been saying for months lets trade him and we might luck into Shabazz.
    Ballin

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Just reading through the thread I think most are being impatient. I didnt think re-signing Gordon was the smart move. However it's far too soon to say Gordon will or won't pan out.
    It's just being tired of the BS you know? We trade Paul for him, he's out the majority of the year. I was like, give the guy a break he will be fine. He plays some of end the season; cool. Plays in the Olympic trials and we're pumped again except when he said he'd be disapoint if we match. THEN the PHX bs, we're outraged but mostly everyone forgives once we match, cool. Now this. It's been nothing but negative. I think a lot of people have given him pass after pass after pass. Defended him to you and Michael, and they end up with egg on their face again and again. I wouldn't say the camel's back is broken (at least for me), but i wouldnt be hurt if we moved him at this point, where i would have before. I have no doubt if he comes back after 10 games, has a 22 5 and 5 type season, no one will care.

Thread Information