Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    As you lash out about people making armchair medical opinions, you make one yourself . Lolz
    Where?

I alluded to a medical fact. Knee injuries are made worse by rushing back from them too soon. I'll wait for you to link the medical evidence suggesting playing in pain on a recently injured knee is good for you.

And please keep telling yourself you know what EJ is going through, while the rational among us leave emotion out of it and exhibit patience.

Let's get back to your regular scheduled knee

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    Where?

I alluded to a medical fact. Knee injuries are made worse by rushing back from them too soon. I'll wait for you to link the medical evidence suggesting playing in pain on a recently injured knee is good for you.

And please keep telling yourself you know what EJ is going through, while the rational among us leave emotion out of it and exhibit patience.
    So it's a medical fact that his knee is going to get worse after his knee injury ? Which knee injury ? Because if its the one from last season he's cleared and Monty alluded to the fact that the doctors say its fine . But I'll trust your medical fact over that.. Right.

Go ahead and be patient, and every year and that one patient Oden fan can have a party. Good luck.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 10-31-2012 at 01:47 PM.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    With the way Martin played last year and Odom pouting like a *****cat, do you honestly even think we'd be a #8 seed? We'd have been probably later lottery than we were.
    We won more games than I was comfortable with with the horrible squad we had last year, we certainly wouldn't have been in position to get Davis if we had Dragic, Martin, and even Odom for 10-15 games.

Anyone less excited about opening night because of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    nah

Eric Gordon out indefinitely due to head injury from Soggy Nachos thrown by fan during opening night.

It'll be interesting to see the fan reaction tonight if Gordon is introduced to the fans. I'm guessing since it's opening night they'll introduce the entire team, no?

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Nope, I have a much more realistic outlook on the season though.

I am less optimistic about a win, but my excitement level overall is still the same. The primary excitement I have is about Anthony Davis & Austin Rivers. At some point, I will certainly be less excited with Gordon not out there, but it probably won't be the majority of this season as I don't expect the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Nope, I have a much more realistic outlook on the season though.
    This. I thought we had an outside shot of competing for the 8th seed. Now, not so much.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

This won't kill my joy for tonight in the slightest....even if we lose I just wanna see these young guys that WANT TO PLAY for their teammates and for their city on the floor. I've just been exhausted with guys not wanting to play for us. IMO I've always appreciated guys no matter the talent level that wanted to be on the floor and put every thing they had into it. (there is a reason so many people love/loved guys like JJAck, Aaron Gray, Jason Smith...) Guys like Gordon just don't have that but this young nucleus seems to truly like playing for this organization, for their coach and with each other.

So i'm excited for tonight. And I think this whole Eric Gordon thing might be a blessing in disguise for a guy like Rivers whole thrives in his natural position.
    Last edited by Miss_318; 10-31-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horn(ets) View Post
    We won more games than I was comfortable with with the horrible squad we had last year, we certainly wouldn't have been in position to get Davis if we had Dragic, Martin, and even Odom for 10-15 games.
    That's what I'm saying. I think we would've gotten some other crappy 1st too. Clippers deal (and that Minnesota pick) was the way to go.

Gordon would say he's too sick to play if he had a 98.7deg temperature.

Not at all.

Gordon is supposed to address the media tomorrow about his knee.

Well I wish this wasn't the case. But I have been saying that I thought the Rivers pick was to hedge the bet on Gordon in case he was not ready for the season. Anybody can tell me different but I won't believe them. People on here also need to give Michael a break. I mean my god where else are you gong to get this kind of hornets coverage. The answer, NO WHERE !!!! I remember when he said that a bout Gordon & David Thorpe made his comments, we all were hoping he was going to be ok. But its not & I would not be surprised to see the Horents move in a new direction with Gordon now if the knee doesnt get any better this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    Knee injuries are made worse by rushing back from them too soon. I'll wait for you to link the medical evidence suggesting playing in pain on a recently injured knee is good for you.
    Monty made it sound like the doctor and Gordon disagree on the health of his knee. One of them is wrong, either Gordon should be playing tonight or the Hornets need to get a second opinion.

at least we still have rivers...if gordon cant play by january, I say trade this fool if anybody wants him

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Monty made it sound like the doctor and Gordon disagree on the health of his knee. One of them is wrong, either Gordon should be playing tonight or the Hornets need to get a second opinion.
    Send his *** to Dr James Andrews... I've said this since day 1

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    I don't know if the doctor is wrong or right or if Eric is wrong or right. All I do know is someone can't tell you how YOU'RE feeling. All the doctor knows is how he SHOULD be feeling.

He seemed optimistic about the season a couple days ago. It would just be strange if he is faking it. I see no logical reason for him to fake it whether he wants to be here or not. Hes one of those players who wants to be an all time great- sitting out for the hell of it just makes no sense. This is just a new breed of insanity.

To be fair, I don't think Gordon is faking an injury or pain as some may have suggested. So i don't think Gordon is lying, but if the doctors say it's fine, which i think they have, and there's no risk at damaging it more and he's still not playing, then thats where my frustraton lies.

Lets just call him Erica Gordon.

I tore my ACL in July and had my knee surgery july 27th and I think I'll get back on the court faster than Gordon.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar

Gordon is OUT indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by thechosenuno View Post
    Gordon is supposed to address the media tomorrow about his knee.
    Where did you hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information