.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 387

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

  1. #251
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Your 'best player' isn't your best player if he doesn't set foot on the court.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  2. #252
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,325
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Just reading through the thread I think most are being impatient. I didnt think re-signing Gordon was the smart move. However it's far too soon to say Gordon will or won't pan out.
    I agree but it does not change the fact that fans are insane and we flip from extremes at will. If gordon manages 70 games ppl wont care about this anymore (unless he says something really stupid-total possibility bc of his crappy PR). Balls in your court Eric Gordon...

  3. #253
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,771
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    There are maybe's in my comments because as I said in those very comments, I don't know. And really, neither do you. Sure, we can all keep 'assuming'. Before he signed he didn't have reason for optimism. He all but said that in his 'my heart is in Phoenix' interview. Either he will play or if the org feels the need to move on, they WILL move on. Talking about moving on to me isn't going to get him moved on any faster. Write a letter to Demps or Benson.
    I edited my comment. I didn't mean your post with the maybe's sorry. I mean Gordon. Every time someone talks about him its maybe hes still injured, maybe he just doesnt want to be here, just tired of all the maybes. tell the truth and let's move on.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  4. #254
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,620
    "I've checked with Doc," Williams said, "but for him to explain to me what's going on with his body and then have Eric feel a certain way doesn't matter. You know what I'm saying? If Doc says one thing and the guy is feeling another, then you have to . . . what am I supposed to say?

    Things like that just anger me so much.

    It's not that he's injured, it's just how unclear it is. Eventually enough is enough. I've just about had it.

    At least Rivers and Davis will get more shot opportunities.

  5. #255
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    There's no flip-flopping by the fans. How many games did Gordon play last seasons? Eight? And he was rewarded with a max (for him/restricted) contract? The onus is on Gordon to prove his worth. So far he's doing a miserable job of it.

  6. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    "I've checked with Doc," Williams said, "but for him to explain to me what's going on with his body and then have Eric feel a certain way doesn't matter. You know what I'm saying? If Doc says one thing and the guy is feeling another, then you have to . . . what am I supposed to say?

    Things like that just anger me so much.

    It's not that he's injured, it's just how unclear it is. Eventually enough is enough. I've just about had it.

    At least Rivers and Davis will get more shot opportunities.
    Agreed.
    The fact that he was escorted out and not allowed to speak to media is strange imo.
    Guess we'll see tomorrow at the Puddin' time press conference.

  7. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    If Gordon is so healthy why aren't we working Rivers at the point? Just a hunch but I don't see Gordon playing more than 50% of games this year.
    I don't know people but I know I called this on 10/8..

    /selfpat

  8. #258
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Honestly, the bolder prediction would be to say Gordon would play more than 50 games this year.

  9. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    I don't know people but I know I called this on 10/8..

    /selfpat
    So many "i told you so's" I've already run out of internet cookies to hand out.. sorry.

  10. #260
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Best get baking.

  11. #261
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    There's no flip-flopping by the fans. How many games did Gordon play last seasons? Eight? And he was rewarded with a max (for him/restricted) contract? The onus is on Gordon to prove his worth. So far he's doing a miserable job of it.
    There has been flip flopping. Granted its not everyone, but ppl want to win. I gordon plays tonight we cheer him. If he sits out tonight bc of a questionable injury we boo.

  12. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Best get baking.

  13. #263
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    There has been flip flopping. Granted its not everyone, but ppl want to win. I gordon plays tonight we cheer him. If he sits out tonight bc of a questionable injury we boo.
    That's not flip-flopping that's expecting someone to perform to their contract. One that was arguably unjustified given how few games he has actually been able to play.

  14. #264
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    So many "i told you so's" I've already run out of internet cookies to hand out.. sorry.
    I can lend you some.


  15. #265
    The move made by the front office today with respect to Eric Gordon was done for non-health related reasons. Mr. Gordon is trying to force a trade behind the scenes. Any speculation as to the health of his knee is pure poppycock and cover for the real fact that Gordon wants out but the organization doesn't want to burn Gordon's reputation if he has a last second change of heart with respect to the Organization and the City of New Orleans.

  16. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlaw View Post
    The move made by the front office today with respect to Eric Gordon was done for non-health related reasons. Mr. Gordon is trying to force a trade behind the scenes. Any speculation as to the health of his knee is pure poppycock and cover for the real fact that Gordon wants out but the organization doesn't want to burn Gordon's reputation if he has a last second change of heart with respect to the Organization and the City of New Orleans.
    I'm starting to get that feeling whether this info is true or not..

  17. #267
    Rollin' Contributor Smirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Orleans, La
    Posts
    3,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlaw View Post
    The move made by the front office today with respect to Eric Gordon was done for non-health related reasons. Mr. Gordon is trying to force a trade behind the scenes. Any speculation as to the health of his knee is pure poppycock and cover for the real fact that Gordon wants out but the organization doesn't want to burn Gordon's reputation if he has a last second change of heart with respect to the Organization and the City of New Orleans.
    Shocking.

  18. #268
    I read Monty's comments in the nola.com article, and it's CLEAR that Monty's getting information from the team physician that Gordon's injury at its current state is less severe than Gordon's making it out to be. There's no other way to read it any differently.

    If that proves to be true, I can't believe there isn't a way for the team to recoup money on a contract if a player is medically cleared to play and a player refuses to play.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

  19. #269
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Color me unsurprised. They should trade him on Dec 15th -- I don't care what they get for him. I'll take a first rounder and nothing else at this point.

  20. #270
    I forgot to add this but it is my understanding that Eric Gordon will not be allowed on the Hornets bench for tonights game and that he will not be introduced as being part of the team.

  21. #271
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlaw View Post
    The move made by the front office today with respect to Eric Gordon was done for non-health related reasons. Mr. Gordon is trying to force a trade behind the scenes. Any speculation as to the health of his knee is pure poppycock and cover for the real fact that Gordon wants out but the organization doesn't want to burn Gordon's reputation if he has a last second change of heart with respect to the Organization and the City of New Orleans.
    A trade where? He can't be traded til December...
    Wherehappens.

  22. #272
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Color me unsurprised. They should trade him on Dec 15th -- I don't care what they get for him. I'll take a first rounder and nothing else at this point.

  23. #273
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlaw View Post
    I forgot to add this but it is my understanding that Eric Gordon will not be allowed on the Hornets bench for tonights game and that he will not be introduced as being part of the team.

  24. #274
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    They actually look quite surprised!

  25. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlaw View Post
    I forgot to add this but it is my understanding that Eric Gordon will not be allowed on the Hornets bench for tonights game and that he will not be introduced as being part of the team.
    Wow.

    At this point i'd take one Austin Rivers over an army of Eric Gordons.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •