.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 387

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

  1. #176
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,687
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So, you guys beg for people to tell you what will happen in the future (trades, FA, etc.) but then when somebody tells you how the future will play out- trying to save you all from getting your hopes up, only to be disappointed- then you say BLANK them for being right and pointing it out

    Oh, okay.

    I am in a no-win situation I guess. Thanks guys
    Mike you really need to take less offense to what the masses say. If you're gonna be a serious reporter and not just a blogger you need to be able to take the good with the bad.

    We talk often on twitter and I value your insight, but come on man.
    Wherehappens.

  2. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    You can play the victim all you want but you always come off as condescending. It's why I had to stop following you on twitter. And it's why it's not a surprise you jumped in here to point out you were right. I could only imagine how much you would be talking if Rivers had the kind of preseason that Lillard did.
    I want to give you guys what you want. You like the info, but say I am condescending. Okay, I am willing to say that while I do not intend to be, that perception is reality and maybe I do come off that way.

    I read my original post on this thread again and to me it is not condescending at all. If people can show me where they were offended specifically (not paraphrasing) and tell me what I should have wrote instead I would appreciate it.

    If I can quality feedback, I always take it in and improve. I just need the specific, quality feedback. Thanks
    @mcnamara247

  3. #178
    It's game day folks...no time to argue with each other. Lets all photoshop Eric Gordon's face on a box of kleenex or something

  4. #179
    Enjoys Waffles P Raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In The Building
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    A little perspective never hurts.

    Dwayne Wade has missed double digit games in 4 of his 9 seasons, and has played in less than 80% of his teams' games in his career. What a soft little baby right? Ray Allen has had multiple injury issues in his career, even in his prime. Manu, Vince Carter, TMac, Brandon Roy...the list for elite 2 guards goes on and on. The life of a shooting guard is probably the roughest of any position. They run, cut and attack the paint the most, and take the most contact and damage proportional to their size. If they are not close to 100%, it is better to rest than to play through it for a young team with long term goals.

    You roll the dice with these guys, injuries or not, because a dynamic scorer on the level of EJ is very rare and absolutely essential to winning big in this league.

    So as frustrating as this is, resigning him was still the right NBA business decision. McNamara and his ilk (didn't realize David Thorpe was a doctor) giving definitive armchair medical opinions on a 23 year old with no reported degenerative or structural body issues is meaningless to me. Its just overly emotional babble from know-it-alls who have never laced em up and probably can't drop a single-single in a YMCA pick up game, much less go against the world's greatest athletes 3 times a week. I'm not in EJ's head and don't pretend to know what he feels. Lulz at you guys screaming in your dockers and loafers from your cubicles about what kind of pain YOU would play through if you were him. Comedy.

    You DO NOT eff around with knee injuries. I'd much rather he sit and get right.
    I got happy for a second with a breath of fresh air on this board. Then I got a whiff of a fart from Eric Gordon's knee, and I became sad again. Fresh air only lasts so long...
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

    @ThePraff

  5. #180
    The Franchise goat gorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,295
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desktop-basketball.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	4388

    No one can touch me on my own court

  6. #181

  7. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I want to give you guys what you want. You like the info, but say I am condescending. Okay, I am willing to say that while I do not intend to be, that perception is reality and maybe I do come off that way.

    I read my original post on this thread again and to me it is not condescending at all. If people can show me where they were offended specifically (not paraphrasing) and tell me what I should have wrote instead I would appreciate it.

    If I can quality feedback, I always take it in and improve. I just need the specific, quality feedback. Thanks
    To be fair I do think people, including me are more critical of you. It's because your in the media. I'm sure I have said way worst stuff than you on here.

  8. #183
    Eric Gordon is tearing us apart, and much like his knee it is a wound that will not heal.

  9. #184
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    A little perspective never hurts.

    Dwayne Wade has missed double digit games in 4 of his 9 seasons, and has played in less than 80% of his teams' games in his career. What a soft little baby right? Ray Allen has had multiple injury issues in his career, even in his prime. Manu, Vince Carter, TMac, Brandon Roy...the list for elite 2 guards goes on and on. The life of a shooting guard is probably the roughest of any position. They run, cut and attack the paint the most, and take the most contact and damage proportional to their size. If they are not close to 100%, it is better to rest than to play through it for a young team with long term goals.

    You roll the dice with these guys, injuries or not, because a dynamic scorer on the level of EJ is very rare and absolutely essential to winning big in this league.

    So as frustrating as this is, resigning him was still the right NBA business decision. McNamara and his ilk (didn't realize David Thorpe was a doctor) giving definitive armchair medical opinions on a 23 year old with no reported degenerative or structural body issues is meaningless to me. Its just overly emotional babble from know-it-alls who have never laced em up and probably can't drop a single-single in a YMCA pick up game, much less go against the world's greatest athletes 3 times a week. I'm not in EJ's head and don't pretend to know what he feels. Lulz at you guys screaming in your dockers and loafers from your cubicles about what kind of pain YOU would play through if you were him. Comedy.

    You DO NOT eff around with knee injuries. I'd much rather he sit and get right.
    All those players you listed had tangible injuries where everyone knew exactly what was going on. With this clown, it started with some mythical knee bang nobody can find in game one last year, then him whining over the summer pretty much crapping all over the franchise who were still bringing in players. Outside of Kobe none of the others did that. This guy has just rubbed the fanbase wrong in every way you can imagine.

    As for the YMCA, time and place playa. I probably can't dunk no more but our game won't last long anyways. Blee dat!!

  10. #185
    Enjoys Waffles P Raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In The Building
    Posts
    1,394
    Eric Gordon is more of a HR cancer than he is a locker room cancer.

  11. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    To be fair I do think people, including me are more critical of you. It's because your in the media. I'm sure I have said way worst stuff than you on here.
    If I was the best possible version of myself already, I would have no room for growth and life would be pretty boring. I have a lot of room to grow and I love this community, so I trust your guys evaluation of me. I work damn hard to get the most Hornets news out there possible, but if people dont like the way I present it some times, then that is on me.

    Let me know how I can do better and I will. I promise.

  12. #187
    RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York (if I see one more effing Nets hat)
    Posts
    613
    I don't know why but I started reading the comments to this thread with this song playing.......


  13. #188
    Enjoys Waffles P Raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In The Building
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    I don't know why but I started reading the comments to this thread with this song playing.......

    If only.

  14. #189
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Eric Gordon is tearing us apart, and much like his knee it is a wound that will not heal.
    No. We will not let the Baby rip this family asunder. We will endure. Though some would rather huddle and cower in the face of pain and adversity, we are here. We are New Orleanians. That's how we roll. Let The Baby cry. Our game is strength. Not because we were born strong, but because we let our struggles make us stronger.

    Now transform and roll out!
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  15. #190
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    A little perspective never hurts.

    Dwayne Wade has missed double digit games in 4 of his 9 seasons, and has played in less than 80% of his teams' games in his career. What a soft little baby right? Ray Allen has had multiple injury issues in his career, even in his prime. Manu, Vince Carter, TMac, Brandon Roy...the list for elite 2 guards goes on and on. The life of a shooting guard is probably the roughest of any position. They run, cut and attack the paint the most, and take the most contact and damage proportional to their size. If they are not close to 100%, it is better to rest than to play through it for a young team with long term goals.

    You roll the dice with these guys, injuries or not, because a dynamic scorer on the level of EJ is very rare and absolutely essential to winning big in this league.

    So as frustrating as this is, resigning him was still the right NBA business decision. McNamara and his ilk (didn't realize David Thorpe was a doctor) giving definitive armchair medical opinions on a 23 year old with no reported degenerative or structural body issues is meaningless to me. Its just overly emotional babble from know-it-alls who have never laced em up and probably can't drop a single-single in a YMCA pick up game, much less go against the world's greatest athletes 3 times a week. I'm not in EJ's head and don't pretend to know what he feels. Lulz at you guys screaming in your dockers and loafers from your cubicles about what kind of pain YOU would play through if you were him. Comedy.

    You DO NOT eff around with knee injuries. I'd much rather he sit and get right.
    As you lash out about people making armchair medical opinions, you make one yourself . Lolz
    #PELICANSFANMODOFTHE YEAR



  16. #191
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Eric Gordon is tearing us apart, and much like his knee it is a wound that will not heal.
    Lol thats clever. Good post

  17. #192
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,408
    I officially hate Eric Gordon. But being the person I am, I try to look at positives of everything.

    1. I was one of the people that thought Rivers should be a sg in the NBA not a 1.
    2. Gordon is trade-able. No matter what anyone says, some team will want him, at what cost though?
    3. Drop the dead weight. This whole drama story has lasted way longer than it should have. There is nothing we can do to change the past, accept it and move forward.
    4. It teaches Demps a valuable lesson. I am in no way saying this is his fault, but if a player tells you he doesnt want to be here, maybe offering a fully guaranteed, max contract isnt the way to go.

    Part of me wants to think he is just still not 100% and just give him a week or so to get ready, the other part realizes that he was fine when he tried out for the Olympic team this summer, and wants to move on.

  18. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahaha

  19. #194
    The Franchise DiMaggio dunks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    2,197
    Well, at least we know Monty covers for his guys, no matter how stupid they're being. Demps must be off destroying his office

  20. #195
    Michael you work your *** off for information so that we may benefit and have the upper hand. I don't care how you deliver it thank you.

    Why should it be that ya'll can come on here and say what you think about it but he can't just because he works for the site? He's a fan too let him say or think what he wants.

  21. #196
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,486
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He was 100% when we matched. He got hurt again in late September.

    The guy is tissue paper. We had David Thorpe come on the podcast in June and say as much. Ryan and I have been trying to tell people for months now. We are not pessimists, we know people and every single one of them has told us that this will be what we will see from Gordon for the rest of his career.

    Get used to it or warm up to the idea of trading him for a lesser player and moving on. That would be my choice.
    Michael, I honestly do enjoy your reporting and analysis. But sometimes it does strike me funny how you respond to people or situations. Maybe you're just one of those people who honestly don't know you're being rude when responding (I can be that way). I've never personally met you so I can't be sure. I just can't think of any other way to comprehend the bolded statement other than "I told you so". That's the last thing we need to hear right now.

    You're right. You did call it, but can't you see it's not the right moment to proclaim it?

    Please don't take this as an attempt to hurt any feelings, it's constructive criticism.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 10-31-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year


  22. #197
    Enjoys Waffles P Raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In The Building
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    Michael you work your *** off for information so that we may benefit and have the upper hand. I don't care how you deliver it thank you.

    Why should it be that ya'll can come on here and say what you think about it but he can't just because he works for the site? He's a fan too let him say or think what he wants.
    He can absolutely say what he wants. He just gets more scrutinized because he's in the media. It's pretty simple.

  23. #198
    Enjoys Waffles P Raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In The Building
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I officially hate Eric Gordon. But being the person I am, I try to look at positives of everything.

    1. I was one of the people that thought Rivers should be a sg in the NBA not a 1.
    2. Gordon is trade-able. No matter what anyone says, some team will want him, at what cost though?
    3. Drop the dead weight. This whole drama story has lasted way longer than it should have. There is nothing we can do to change the past, accept it and move forward.
    4. It teaches Demps a valuable lesson. I am in no way saying this is his fault, but if a player tells you he doesnt want to be here, maybe offering a fully guaranteed, max contract isnt the way to go.

    Part of me wants to think he is just still not 100% and just give him a week or so to get ready, the other part realizes that he was fine when he tried out for the Olympic team this summer, and wants to move on.
    For how long, though? What if he misses the entire season (unlikely but not impossible)? What then?

  24. #199
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    Michael you work your *** off for information so that we may benefit and have the upper hand. I don't care how you deliver it thank you.

    Why should it be that ya'll can come on here and say what you think about it but he can't just because he works for the site? He's a fan too let him say or think what he wants.
    Don't think anyone says he can't say what he wants. He can do whatever he wants. But if it's deemed objectionable people are gonna object. Action and consequence. Delivery and timing. Yada yada.

  25. #200
    -Garrus Vakarian- ItsPaulyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,420
    Im still a fan of EJ and im not going to bash him. No one knows how long indefinitely is, but if its awhile then so be it. We have Rivers and Mason who can easily fill in. You dont trade your best player the first day of the season just because he has an injury, serious mob mentality going on HR today.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •