.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 387

Thread: Gordon is OUT indefinitely

  1. #151
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Utter waste of cap space, I might add.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  2. #152
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    international fanbase
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He was 100% when we matched. He got hurt again in late September.

    The guy is tissue paper. We had David Thorpe come on the podcast in June and say as much. Ryan and I have been trying to tell people for months now. We are not pessimists, we know people and every single one of them has told us that this will be what we will see from Gordon for the rest of his career.

    Get used to it or warm up to the idea of trading him for a lesser player and moving on. That would be my choice.
    yeah but what's wrong with him exactly? If you don't say that there will be people not believing your argument obviously.. Not saying that i don't now.
    This lack of specific infos is frustrating and if the case is on of these two: A) they signed him without a 100% knowledge of his medical problem or B) They knew it and it's a cronic condition... Well that's pretty much scary and untrustworthy on Demps managerial skills.

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    ...

    I trust my instincts. And my first reaction to this news?

    Man, BLANK, Eric Gordon and his lil' BLANK knee. And and a preemptive BLANK anyone with the audacity to go "I told you so."

    He can take his fat head to Germany for all I care.

    Edit: Hell, indefinitely? That's not the kinda thing you hear unless major reconstructive surgey is involved. I bet Monty shares my sentiments.
    So, you guys beg for people to tell you what will happen in the future (trades, FA, etc.) but then when somebody tells you how the future will play out- trying to save you all from getting your hopes up, only to be disappointed- then you say BLANK them for being right and pointing it out

    Oh, okay.

    I am in a no-win situation I guess. Thanks guys
    @mcnamara247

  4. #154
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,100
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So, you guys beg for people to tell you what will happen in the future (trades, FA, etc.) but then when somebody tells you how the future will play out- trying to save you all from getting your hopes up, only to be disappointed- then you say BLANK them for being right and pointing it out

    Oh, okay.

    I am in a no-win situation I guess. Thanks guys
    As long as you are fair and come on the board and say when you're wrong, I could careless. Hell, I could careless if you don't personally. I dont get chaffed by much on this board.
    Guys to watch out for (internet tough guys):

    jrdbrn


    Guys that know you are personally a coward despite never meeting you or holding a real conversation with you (psychic or stalker):

    BasketballNate

  5. #155
    @WhinyPhilRivers IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the ground
    Posts
    8,098
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So, you guys beg for people to tell you what will happen in the future (trades, FA, etc.) but then when somebody tells you how the future will play out- trying to save you all from getting your hopes up, only to be disappointed- then you say BLANK them for being right and pointing it out

    Oh, okay.

    I am in a no-win situation I guess. Thanks guys
    I think it was the more of "Hey bros, I said this back on a podcast on my show when this guy came on my show and we shot the stuff and I hate to say it but I called it. YEAH I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG. Boo yah" that had people up in a tiff.

    EDIT: I just hate when people say insider info, but there's only a 50% chance that this may happen.
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

    1992-93 Season Record: 52-30
    C Kevin Willis | PF Otis Thorpe | SF Robert Horry | SG Dell Curry | PG Johnny Dawkins
    Key Reserves: Robert Parish | Anthony Mason | Walter Davis | Terry Porter

  6. #156
    A little perspective never hurts.

    Dwayne Wade has missed double digit games in 4 of his 9 seasons, and has played in less than 80% of his teams' games in his career. What a soft little baby right? Ray Allen has had multiple injury issues in his career, even in his prime. Manu, Vince Carter, TMac, Brandon Roy...the list for elite 2 guards goes on and on. The life of a shooting guard is probably the roughest of any position. They run, cut and attack the paint the most, and take the most contact and damage proportional to their size. If they are not close to 100%, it is better to rest than to play through it for a young team with long term goals.

    You roll the dice with these guys, injuries or not, because a dynamic scorer on the level of EJ is very rare and absolutely essential to winning big in this league.

    So as frustrating as this is, resigning him was still the right NBA business decision. McNamara and his ilk (didn't realize David Thorpe was a doctor) giving definitive armchair medical opinions on a 23 year old with no reported degenerative or structural body issues is meaningless to me. Its just overly emotional babble from know-it-alls who have never laced em up and probably can't drop a single-single in a YMCA pick up game, much less go against the world's greatest athletes 3 times a week. I'm not in EJ's head and don't pretend to know what he feels. Lulz at you guys screaming in your dockers and loafers from your cubicles about what kind of pain YOU would play through if you were him. Comedy.

    You DO NOT eff around with knee injuries. I'd much rather he sit and get right.

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So, you guys beg for people to tell you what will happen in the future (trades, FA, etc.) but then when somebody tells you how the future will play out- trying to save you all from getting your hopes up, only to be disappointed- then you say BLANK them for being right and pointing it out

    Oh, okay.

    I am in a no-win situation I guess. Thanks guys
    Don't take it personally, Michael. There were plenty of other people who didn't like resigning EJ for many of the same reasons. We're all just pretty frustrated that the same bull**** that happened last year with EJ is happening again, not to mention before opening night.

    Nows just not the time to say "I told you so." We can see it with our eyes, unfortunately. And it's getting so old.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-31-2012 at 12:49 PM.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  8. #158
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    3,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm broke like a joke. I only have Gamefly right now because the next month is free. Tried to cancel and they pretty much said "No, don't do that. We'll give you a free month, no catch!"

    So I said? "Word? Aight." Probably is gonna be a catch somewhere like a hiked price, but whatever. I'll cancel it then.

    Yea they're pretty liberal with their free months
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES


    Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

  9. #159
    Wake up, Mr. West! Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,397
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So, you guys beg for people to tell you what will happen in the future (trades, FA, etc.) but then when somebody tells you how the future will play out- trying to save you all from getting your hopes up, only to be disappointed- then you say BLANK them for being right and pointing it out

    Oh, okay.

    I am in a no-win situation I guess. Thanks guys
    You just need to chill out and realize that people on here are mad at the moment and if you come in here saying things, some people will react. These are people not robots. They get mad over news like this, and if you expect a thank you for saying I told you so then you are crazy, I don't give a **** if you are right or not.

  10. #160
    @WhinyPhilRivers IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the ground
    Posts
    8,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    A little perspective never hurts.

    So as frustrating as this is, resigning him was still the right NBA business decision. McNamara and his ilk (didn't realize David Thorpe was a doctor) giving definitive armchair medical opinions on a 23 year old with no reported degenerative or structural body issues is meaningless to me. Its just overly emotional babble from know-it-alls who have never laced em up and probably can't drop a single-single in a YMCA pick up game, much less go against the world's greatest athletes 3 times a week. I'm not in EJ's head and don't pretend to know what he feels. Lulz at you guys screaming in your dockers and loafers from your cubicles about what kind of pain YOU would play through if you were him. Comedy.

    You DO NOT eff around with knee injuries. I'd much rather he sit and get right.
    Banana Republic and Johnston and Murphy's but hey... You got the cubicle part right.

  11. #161
    The Hornets need to be more transparent with the fans & stop lying to us
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

  12. #162
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,018
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So, you guys beg for people to tell you what will happen in the future (trades, FA, etc.) but then when somebody tells you how the future will play out- trying to save you all from getting your hopes up, only to be disappointed- then you say BLANK them for being right and pointing it out

    Oh, okay.

    I am in a no-win situation I guess. Thanks guys
    Whoa. Whoa. Please pump them breaks, player. Relax. Now that I've taken my meds and I'm level again. I can clarify I wrote that thinking more of other posters like me without inside information who are less angry and begrudging their accuracy and more gloating about being right.

    As to you specifically? I honestly don't remember reading anything about you saying this or that about Gordon's health. Don't take it the wrong way, but I was only a sometimes visitor to 24/7, the way I am with AtTheHive. Not dissing, just how my rounds go when I'm bouncing around the Internet as I do. Can only speak for myself though.
    Tune in on Fridays at 12 noon for Sport-a-Facts with Ro Brown and Wednesdays at 1pm for Sports Revolution to hear me speak my mind on all things Saints and Pelicans related and more.

    Only on WBOK 1230 AM.

    Feel free to PM me for more details.

  13. #163
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    It's because you act like you're all of fifteen years old, little Mikey.

  14. #164
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Oh, and...


  15. #165
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    A little perspective never hurts.

    Dwayne Wade has missed double digit games in 4 of his 9 seasons, and has played in less than 80% of his teams' games in his career. What a soft little baby right? Ray Allen has had multiple injury issues in his career, even in his prime. Manu, Vince Carter, TMac, Brandon Roy...the list for elite 2 guards goes on and on. The life of a shooting guard is probably the roughest of any position. They run, cut and attack the paint the most, and take the most contact and damage proportional to their size. If they are not close to 100%, it is better to rest than to play through it for a young team with long term goals.

    You roll the dice with these guys, injuries or not, because a dynamic scorer on the level of EJ is very rare and absolutely essential to winning big in this league.

    So as frustrating as this is, resigning him was still the right NBA business decision. McNamara and his ilk (didn't realize David Thorpe was a doctor) giving definitive armchair medical opinions on a 23 year old with no reported degenerative or structural body issues is meaningless to me. Its just overly emotional babble from know-it-alls who have never laced em up and probably can't drop a single-single in a YMCA pick up game, much less go against the world's greatest athletes 3 times a week. I'm not in EJ's head and don't pretend to know what he feels. Lulz at you guys screaming in your dockers and loafers from your cubicles about what kind of pain YOU would play through if you were him. Comedy.

    You DO NOT eff around with knee injuries. I'd much rather he sit and get right.
    And if right never comes? It's may as well be Achilles in his tent.

  16. #166
    I don't think you guys understand. I don't care how you all view me personally, I just think some people should realize that they are hypocrits with regard to what they want and ask for and this is why the "mainstream" media will always play it safe; because there is no reason to tell people what is really going on behind the scenes.

    Just watch how Nola.com covers this story, how ESPN does (if they do), what Monty and Dell say in public. It is because there is no benefit to telling the public the truth- only downside.

    I still havent learned yet, but I might someday

  17. #167
    This summer when Phoenix wanted him and he told NO he didn't want to return I said lets work out a sign & trade and people bashed me. I realized that he was the centerpiece from the CP3 trade but now he's only going to hurt the franchise even further now

  18. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    You just need to chill out and realize that people on here are mad at the moment and if you come in here saying things, some people will react. These are people not robots. They get mad over news like this, and if you expect a thank you for saying I told you so then you are crazy, I don't give a **** if you are right or not.
    Exactly.

  19. #169
    Wake up, Mr. West! Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,397
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don't think you guys understand. I don't care how you all view me personally, I just think some people should realize that they are hypocrits with regard to what they want and ask for and this is why the "mainstream" media will always play it safe; because there is no reason to tell people what is really going on behind the scenes.

    Just watch how Nola.com covers this story, how ESPN does (if they do), what Monty and Dell say in public. It is because there is no benefit to telling the public the truth- only downside.

    I still havent learned yet, but I might someday
    This doesn't have anything to do with your reporting, your stories or your podcasts. All well written. You came in this thread saying I told you so, listen to me and people *****ed at you for it. Don't do that. Thats all. No need to bring up your coverage or anthing, just don't come in on your high horse.

  20. #170
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,018
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don't think you guys understand. I don't care how you all view me personally, I just think some people should realize that they are hypocrits with regard to what they want and ask for and this is why the "mainstream" media will always play it safe; because there is no reason to tell people what is really going on behind the scenes.

    Just watch how Nola.com covers this story, how ESPN does (if they do), what Monty and Dell say in public. It is because there is no benefit to telling the public the truth- only downside.

    I still havent learned yet, but I might someday
    I'd rather be informed of the truth right away so I can get mad now and get over it, than realize I've been strung along the whole way once it's most convienient for the messenger.

    Truths can suck. But I'm not a baby, unlike some "athletes" I know of, I can handle it. Hell. I'm already over the hard emotional part.

  21. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don't think you guys understand. I don't care how you all view me personally, I just think some people should realize that they are hypocrits with regard to what they want and ask for and this is why the "mainstream" media will always play it safe; because there is no reason to tell people what is really going on behind the scenes.

    Just watch how Nola.com covers this story, how ESPN does (if they do), what Monty and Dell say in public. It is because there is no benefit to telling the public the truth- only downside.

    I still havent learned yet, but I might someday
    You can play the victim all you want but you always come off as condescending. It's why I had to stop following you on twitter. And it's why it's not a surprise you jumped in here to point out you were right. I could only imagine how much you would be talking if Rivers had the kind of preseason that Lillard did.

  22. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I don't think you guys understand. I don't care how you all view me personally, I just think some people should realize that they are hypocrits with regard to what they want and ask for and this is why the "mainstream" media will always play it safe; because there is no reason to tell people what is really going on behind the scenes.

    Just watch how Nola.com covers this story, how ESPN does (if they do), what Monty and Dell say in public. It is because there is no benefit to telling the public the truth- only downside.

    I still havent learned yet, but I might someday
    Ahh yes tell us how hard it is being a pundit. the trials and tribulations of prognostication.

  23. #173

  24. #174
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    If he carried himself more like Joe and Jason, it wouldn't be a problem.

  25. #175
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,018
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	526817_sad-pelican.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	4387
    So friggin' needed that image, player.

    Classic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    If he carried himself more like Joe and Jason, it wouldn't be a problem.
    Still better than Fletcher.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •