Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Spurs Game Thread.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Finally........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................it's game day.
    Wherehappens.

VS.

10/31/2012
    7:00PM CT

Vasquez-Rivers-Aminu-Davis-Lopez

Parker-Green-Leonard-Diaw-Duncan

Haha! I know it's not CP3's but since some of ya'll need it a little 'pretty', here ya go. ^^^^^^

Nice, Hunny. Do we know that Rivers is starting?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Nice, Hunny. Do we know that Rivers is starting?
    Not really. I just put Rivers there to be on the safe side. If we all hear something different, post it and I'll change it. Truthfully I don't even know if that's the Spurs starters. I just listed them because they're the starters that started their last preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Haha! I know it's not CP3's but since some of ya'll need it a little 'pretty', here ya go. ^^^^^^
    A little bling too, I like it!

Throw in a HR gameday babe pic and i'm sold.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Graveyard.
    I've always heard Boneyard.

In an 18 game season stretching from April to July, the VooDoo will play Friday and Saturday nights in its self-monikered home, “the Boneyard,” a name possibly relating to the fact that the New Orleans Arena and the Louisiana Superdome were built near the old Girod Street Cemetery
    http://www.livingneworleans.com/?p=5577

Either way though, it's where bodies were buried.

I've always heard Boneyard.

http://www.livingneworleans.com/?p=5577

Either way though, it's where bodies were buried.
    don't know where that website got boneyard from... b/c every time I've gone to a voodoo game the Arena's been called the Graveyard... and that's what the broadcasters called it on TV

oh... and what name should they call the MB Superdome when they play some of their games there this season... remember the Arena is getting a renovation when the Hornets season ends

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    don't know where that website got boneyard from... b/c every time I've gone to a voodoo game the Arena's been called the Graveyard... and that's what the broadcasters called it on TV
    Actually I've heard it called both. Graveyard, Boneyard.

Eric Gordon out indefinitely

WWL-TV Sports‏@wwltvsports
    Monty Williams says Eric Gordon is out indefinitely.

#Hornets Monty: It's an unfortunate situation (about Gordon)."

#Hornets Monty: I'm sure it's got to be medical (for Gordon). The guy just can't not play.

#Hornets Monty: Austin Rivers will move into Gordon's spot while he's out.

WELL, Hunny looks like your lineup is correct.

WELL, Hunny looks like your lineup is correct.

oh... and what name should they call the MB Superdome when they play some of their games there this season... remember the Arena is getting a renovation when the Hornets season ends
    If we're the Pelicans by then we can call it the Pelican Pouch.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Not really. I just put Rivers there to be on the safe side. If we all hear something different, post it and I'll change it. Truthfully I don't even know if that's the Spurs starters. I just listed them because they're the starters that started their last preseason game.
    I hope that's the starters for the Spurs. I really like the Davis/Diaw matchup. Davis should be able to do what he wants on Diaw if that's who they match him up with.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    I hope that's the starters for the Spurs. I really like the Davis/Diaw matchup. Davis should be able to do what he wants on Diaw if that's who they match him up with.
    If it is the Spurs' lineup, it'll be interesting to see what Rivers does against Danny Green. Will he be able to guard Danny Green?

If we're the Pelicans by then we can call it the Pelican Pouch.

but it's the VooDoo (the AFL team) that will be playing in the Superdome this year

but it's the VooDoo (the AFL team) that will be playing in the Superdome this year

Ohhhh, that's right. I don't know what the heck I'm thinking. For some reason I was thinking the Hornets would be playing there if perhaps the Arena wasn't done with renovations once the new season begins. I gotcha. Well in that case, they can call the Superdome "The Tomb". LOL.

If it is the Spurs' lineup, it'll be interesting to see what Rivers does against Danny Green. Will he be able to guard Danny Green?
    I liked that matchup too , but then I thought the spurs will probably put parker on rivers to match his speed and let green guard GV bc he's slower.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    I liked that matchup too , but then I thought the spurs will probably put parker on rivers to match his speed and let green guard GV bc he's slower.
    You're probably right.

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Jason Smith will play for first time since Oct. 7. Smith on his shoulder: "In the last couple practices, it's held up pretty well."
    I miss you Jason. Looking forward to seeing you get back in the groove.

I miss you Jason. Looking forward to seeing you get back in the groove.
    YEEESSSSSS! J Smith is one of my favorite Hornets. Love his hustle and defense and that sweet mid range jumper. He gives us quality minutes off the bench. He had some great big time blocks last year!

Yeah I REALLY hope that Smith stays healthy through this game. I really want to have him available most of this year.

I seem to recall JBones starting the threads for awhile because we caught fire and went on a winning streak so he kept doing it. If this is the case he has my vote for next game as well.

VS.

10/31/2012
    7:00PM CT

Vasquez-Rivers-Aminu-Davis-Lopez

Parker-Green-Leonard-Diaw-Duncan
    Nicely done, HunnyB! I like it.

Good to hear that Smith will be back and in action, too. I love his energy.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information