Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Spurs Game Thread.

I think they limited Smith due to his recent injury. I hope he gets more minutes from now on as he was a beast when he was on the court.

Yes, Smith was very good in his limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I can't really blame Monty for sticking with Anderson as he was pretty effective on offense.
    He didn't do a whole lot offensively especially with his shooting.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I agree 78. I thought Lopez & Davis sat too long. But when the bench is playing so well, I'd say it would be hard to take em out. just need a 2 guard to open some things up for Davis inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I think they limited Smith due to his recent injury. I hope he gets more minutes from now on as he was a beast when he was on the court.
    I wonder how he can get more minutes. Lopez and Anderson demand minutes too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    The best thing about Davis is that he scored 21 points but it felt like he scored about 12. He just scores out of nowhere, just wait till he gets a go to offensive game going.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Very fun game to watch as a fan of basketball, but wish we could've pulled it out. We really looked like a team in the first half and Vasquez had a really efficient night. Hope Aminu carries this into next game as he looked fantastic. If he keeps playing like that, we will be absolutely depressed that we didn't pick up that option.

Anyway, night guys. Fun game to watch. Guys looked good tonight.

Just getting back from the game. I dont know what aminu ate for pregame...dude showed out. Ad played well...vasquez played an efficient game, Jason smith did what j smith does...but we could of closed out better.

serious question: do we still have til midnight to officially decided if we want to pick up aminu's option?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    serious question: do we still have til midnight to officially decided if we want to pick up aminu's option?
    No, it has been declined.

And honestly, one game either way isn't going to change Dell's mind. It was a great performance, but it was just one game and the Hornets have more flexibility next summer w/o his contract on the books. They can still bring him back quite easily if he plays like this all year
    @mcnamara247

Is it too late to trade for a quality guard to add to our rotation? I want B. Jennings on the team. Have the Bucks extended his contract yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    He didn't do a whole lot offensively especially with his shooting.
    I thought he created a lot of space and drew the Spurs bigs out of the lane. His shooting wasn't what I paid attention to, it felt like defenses were gravitating towards him creating space and allowed Vasquez and Aminu to work the lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    For me it's the play where three Hornets fought each other for the rebound, Spurs got it and kicked it out for a three to go up by 2. Huge swing
    The Kawai Leonard 7 straight points on the Clear path-> 2 FTs - >Possession Wide Open 3-> Steal Dunk was the difference to me.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The Kawai Leonard 7 straight points on the Clear path-> 2 FTs - >Possession Wide Open 3-> Steal Dunk was the difference to me.
    Who was guarding him?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Yes, Smith was very good in his limited time.
    Smith 2.5M
    Gor-done 13.7M

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Aminu can do this consistently because none of his offense was him having to create on his own. Strictly athleticism and running the floor. With his physical skills, he can have a nice stat line doing this every night.
    Still running the floor like he did requires effort so the question is whether or not he can stay consistently motivated to perform at that level. I can see him being a little disheartened after playing as well as he did tonight and still losing the game. I'm hoping though that I'm wrong.

People better get used to the name Kawai Leonard. He is going to lead the Spurs transition. He is a real threat, and will only be more so for years to come.

I enjoyed Aminus performance, and if he does this over the next 4 or 5, then maybe its a trend, but it was just one game and not something I am going to get excited over. He has had these kind of games before. He shows up, and your thinking to yourself, its on. Then the next game he craps out, and your wondering why we demanded him in that trade last year.

I enjoyed watching Davis and Rivers play. Both had solid games, and they will only get better.

The future looks bright ladies and gents. The future looks bright indeed.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This L hurt but they played good. I really feel this team can surprise a lot of people

Once/if we get Gordon back, games like this are wins. The way I look at it, we will be the 7th-9th best team in the west. If we make another move or two that net us better players, maybe even 5-7.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Once/if we get Gordon back, games like this are wins. The way I look at it, we will be the 7th-9th best team in the west. If we make another move or two that net us better players, maybe even 5-7.
    Eh i tend to not agree. I think we'll be competitive, but dont think we'll end up as a 7-9 this year

Hornets vs. Spurs Game Thread.

-Great energy at the Hive tonight

-we appeared to collapse the lane pretty quickly until Duncan had his way at the end there

-Aminu: finally

-we played above the rim like I haven't seen since Chandler left

-didn't appear to actually run a play in half court in the 4th quarter until the last 5 minutes

-Rivers first real action at PG in second half (other than summer league). Gonna be tough for him to start at the 2 AND backup the point soooooo yeah

-Davis was held out for a really long time cuz Duncan was out I guess. And I suppose this could be a strategy going forward since the Spurs were knocking him around. Probably pulling a Calipari and holding him out from time to time when the game is close.

I had a great time at the game tonight the team looked good out there. I think the Hornets would have won this one if Anderson wasn't off from behind the arc. Aminu was a beast. I love the presentation of the players with the special effects on the court. Did anyone noticed to Boos when they showed Eric Gordon's pic? It was really loud. I enjoyed this game and can't wait to go back to the Hive on Friday.

If Gordon plays 5 minutes tonight, we win that game. Had a blast at the Hive. Buzzfest beer was pricey ($5), but it was fun. This team will be fun to watch all year.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Eh i tend to not agree. I think we'll be competitive, but dont think we'll end up as a 7-9 this year
    It depends if we can keep this energy and get Gordon back. We do those things, and its hard not to find a reason why they don't end up 7th or 9th seed. We just went toe to toe with a healthy fresh, spurs team. A team that finished last season with the best record in the NBA. A team that isn't short on pride or determination. We took it to them for 47 min. We get Gordon back, and we win the game going away.

Forget they were missing Ginobili?

Thread Information