Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Go look at the large markets and tell me which one of them need a PG and/or can afford one.

I'll wait
    I already did! Look above your post!

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm not a huge fan of Jennings, and I think Curry would be a much better fit next to Gordon - great shooter off the ball, and he is a better passer than Jennings is. As McNamara pointed out above, we need complementary pieces, and Curry/Gordon is a great pairing.

The trouble is that, if we don't do a trade, then we have to sign a FA to pure cap space, and we have around $12-13 million if we don't cut Lopez, which isn't quite enough to sign a max FA like Curry outright. Also, even if we could afford Curry outright, we still wouldn't be able to get Jefferson. This way, we could have them both. Plus, I love Brandon Rush as a starting SF for us.

EDIT:Well, never mind. There goes that...
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 10-31-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I know. U got in while I was typing this.

Same page.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Based on the teams you mentioned, I think the only real competition we would have is Dallas and Atlanta.

But our roster is much more young and talented than either of those other teams.

It would come down to just how much Jennings values the "large market". And according to what he has said in the past, he seems to values that significantly.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

But he was referring to NY, LA.

Dallas and Atlanta are not large markets with respect to getting greater amounts of exposure- and that is why he was interested in larger markets.

He is an acquirable target, no doubt. Now, do people want him? That is another story. I love his game for this team specifically and I know Dell has tried to get him in the past. But I can see why people dont like him. Options are growing thinner by the day though...

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    SG - Gordon
    lol?

Next trade proposal I want to see from you better have Gordon being shipped off.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Based on the teams you mentioned, I think the only real competition we would have is Dallas and Atlanta.

But our roster is much more young and talented than either of those other teams.

It would come down to just how much Jennings values the "large market". And according to what he has said in the past, he seems to values that significantly.

Is it just me, but Atlanta already has a young PG, 24 year old Jeff Teague. He didn't get an extension, but he's earned one based on his play in comparison to the other other young guys who just got theres.

So i don't think Atlanta would be involved anyway, and i really don't think Dallas would either based on the makeup of their current roster, they will need a pure distributor to get the ball to the veteran guys they already have.

For team like us, his scoring ability would be valued at the point. Lets face it, Eric Gordon may never give us a whole season, either this will be a chronic issue with his knee or we're being set up for a trade and his knee isn't really a problem.

Brandon Jennings leading this team on the break with what we already have would destroy teams, he has the ability to take any defender one on one, and the quickness and speed to defend any PG in the league.

We would now have a closer, he can legitimately be a game winner at the end of a game, and he's such a threat that it would allow our shooters, Anderson, Rivers (hopefully), Mason, Miller, to set up for open looks behind the three point line or AD and Jason Smith to knock down the mid range shot.

With Jennings i think the game would become easier for Rivers as the starting shooting guard, Gravy could improve the bench and be more of a factor offensively and carry an easier defensive assignment guarding reserve pgs/sgs.

To me it's a no brainer if you have a chance to trade for him or sign him in the offseason.

Hall of Famer
    I'd be worried about tying up another max contract into another injury prone player.

We've had some pretty bad luck with this in the past (BD, CP3, Peja, EG). I know this is hard to predict, but we can minimize the risk by investing in player who've shown to be more durable.

IMO, this starts by taking what we can get for Gordons when we can trade him. He's dead weight, and there's no reason to believe that's all he'd ever be here.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Wow... that sucks. Hope it isn't as bad as it looks. He was primed to have a big year.

Tough loss for the Warriors.

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Brandon Rush's season is over after two games.

Rush's agent, Mark Bartelstein, says Saturday that an MRI exam on the Golden State Warriors' top reserve revealed a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. Rush will have season-ending surgery.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...cl-miss-season

That's rough. I hope he can come back from it. He'll most certainly be picking up his player option, which is bad news for us if we were interested in him.

Thread Information