Pelicans Report

Thread: Tim Duncan mentoring Anthony Davis?

Tim Duncan mentoring Anthony Davis?

Although Davis gained valuable experience playing alongside elite stars LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant on the U.S. Olympic team this summer, he said another major help came in August when he participated in volunteer workouts with his teammates against the Spurs' players in San Antonio.

Davis got a chance to work against Duncan. Davis said during the scrimmage work, Duncan pointed out different situations such as where to go if the post has been taken away by a crowd of defenders.

"Tim is a great player and does a lot offensively and defensively,'' Davis said.
    "I know I can look up to him and he reached out to help me. That was one of the big reasons I went down there.''
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...ie_ant_21.html

Sounds like Timmy reached out to Davis and wants to help him. Can't think of a better role model for AD than Duncan...

Kobe, Duncan, all great to see. Thanks for posting this.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Kobe, Duncan, all great to see. Thanks for posting this.
    For sure. Another guy you should add to that list is Tyson Chandler. I think he helped him a lot in terms of post defense. The Olympics was an amazing opportunity for him - learning from all of those guys, practicing against them, watching their work habits/demeanor on the court. We are seriously lucky Griffin got injured.

Duncan is a big one though... Perfect guy for him to talk to and learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    For sure. Another guy you should add to that list is Tyson Chandler. I think he helped him a lot in terms of post defense. The Olympics was an amazing opportunity for him - learning from all of those guys, practicing against them, watching their work habits/demeanor on the court. We are seriously lucky Griffin got injured.

Duncan is a big one though... Perfect guy for him to talk to and learn from.
    No doubt on that count. Duncan was a star who never took the focus of off his team or created off the court distractions. That's a perfect template for Davis.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Thread Information